Season 19/20 - Page 196 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

19 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Even Traynor wouldn't run that story.

Scot Gardiner was Chief Executive at Dundee, a position that no longer exists. We have a Managing Director / Dictator in John Nelms in charge, and the Club Secretary Eric Drysdale who put in our vote, or didnt, or maybe did, maybe...

Hey you, I'm in the middle of an interview here. :lol: If I want to get his job I've got to show that I can beat him at his own game.

32 minutes ago, Redz said:

As an aside.....anyone had a (genuine / no sales?) call from their club asking how things are / general fitba & AOB chit chat?

Not personally, Motherwell have definitely been phoning elderly fans.

6 hours ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Thanks for the run down.

I would imagine the SPFL would struggle to establish the remit of an independent investigation without knowing what the charge is to be fair. Whether Doncastor is a bully or not seems far too vague and subjective. 

I certainly question the intelligence of this so called whistle blower's decision to choose Rangers as their preferred whistle blowing outlet. They are almost the last people in the world I'd trust to handle something like this for me! If there is one organisation capable of outperforming the SPFL in terms of incompetentence, lack of professionalism, bullying and idiocy it's those guys! Bizarre choice to say the least.

Safe to say both the SPFL and Rangers look like total diddies at this point. Scottish football - the never ending comedy!

I dont think you've quite followed what I've said. Put it this way, if you were Rangers, what would you have done differently?

34 minutes ago, Debian said:

These were posted a month ago 

Aye, was probably me. 👍🏻😂

I actually thought Traynor was away already, but no harm in a reminder of how ridiculous Rangers PR is. 😱

Edited by sbcmfc

3 hours ago, thplinth said:

Those librarians in Sante Fe must be thinking these people are fucking mental. Clown town.

There's this computer game designer called "Jon Jones" and he has the twitter handle of that name. There is an UFC champion called Jon Jones who is Jonbones on twitter and it's hilarious cause everytime Jones(UFC) fucks up (and it's happened a lot) he gets bombarded by tweets. It's got to the point where his phone just starts beeping off the hook and he's thinking what's this dude done now.

The UFC fans tweeting him are the same type of parochial idiots involved in this one.

I'm at a bit of a loss here? What is the smoking gun evidence the huns have about the governance of the game? 

I can see a flawed process but not corruption on the industrial scale old Rangers were involved in 🤔

14 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Not personally, Motherwell have definitely been phoning elderly fans.

AFC called me yesterday - 20 mins or so on the phone

Dave Cormack has apparently got all of the commercial side calling everyone on their database (ST holder, DNA etc) for a general chat - How things are, current situation, football overall & afc, working from home, furloughed, old games and memories. That sort of thing.

No sales talk at all - Nice thing to do I thought

6 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Aye, hassling them into buying season books

That's where I thought my conversation was leading, but no, simply catching up with supporters - Even grumpy fukers like me.... 

11 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Aye, hassling them into buying season books

Really? That’s really poor if true.

The message yesterday was buy a season ticket if you can afford too.

My reason for not buying a season is that I miss too many games. You miss 2 games and you’re out of pocket. It’s not like there’s ever a ticket scramble for away games or the likes. If/when the kids want to start going regularly, the family deals are great and the pensioner ticket from 60 is a great deal given most folk are as comfortable as they’re likely to be around that age. Although they all go that many holidays they miss loads of games. 😂

7 minutes ago, slasher said:

The Eredivisie has confirmed that there will be no football with or without crowds till September at least 😕

Crap eh. Yet some idiots reckoned we could be back seeing out the season in May/June. 

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

Team on west coast handed title despite being sat 5th at present I see....

There will be no football here until September at the very earliest I’d say. 

they were handed the title based on average points and for those interested the team is Johnstone Burgh

3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

How the hell did the get to a situation where they had 9 games in hand over the team at the top?! 

The West Juniors were a clusterfuck anyway for scheduling, they also had their Scottish run and Junior Cup... Happens quite often with them.

28 minutes ago, Debian said:

The West Juniors were a clusterfuck anyway for scheduling, they also had their Scottish run and Junior Cup... Happens quite often with them.

The highland league a north juniors cam often be similar. Scottish cup matches plus winter weather play havoc with fixtures