Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 205 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

On 8/30/2020 at 8:28 PM, Taylor1996 said:

ON TOPIC: 

A day late: Kieran Tierney was solid yesterday. Arsenal are buying a center back, initially I thought that meant that Arsenel would switch to a back four, but maybe not, as Luiz can't play in a back four.

The Community Shield winner's medal is worth more than all of his medal haul for Celtic.. Combined.

As for Andrew Robertson, he was the only Liverpool player that was switched on. His team-mates looked like they were still on holiday.

ON TOPIC: 

Agree with every word of this wee man

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Lewis Morgan scored a couple of goals for mIami last night. 9.41 on my beloved who scored.com

This is going to be interesting to see how he does, I was surprised to see Clarke mention him for a call up, but for the fact he would have been quarantined.  If this form continues then a call up seems a formality.  I also forgot about Johnny Russell, not the paciest player but an alternative to Forrest on the right.    

38 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

This is going to be interesting to see how he does, I was surprised to see Clarke mention him for a call up, but for the fact he would have been quarantined.  If this form continues then a call up seems a formality.  I also forgot about Johnny Russell, not the paciest player but an alternative to Forrest on the right.    

Regards Russell at this stage in his career I would hope we could to better, or at least find some one with more potential. Could say the same about Forrest mind you.

15 minutes ago, loanhead-tartan said:

Lennon saying griffiths is good to go and should be back in the squad . Hopefully this time he can get a good run of games and screw the nut to squeeze into the upcoming squads 

It would be really good if he's back for the play off game, after the wc qualifiers where he played well he should of cemented his place as our main striker but he obviously had his mental health problems. We need strikers and when he's fit he would be my choice to start up front. 

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

It would be really good if he's back for the play off game, after the wc qualifiers where he played well he should of cemented his place as our main striker but he obviously had his mental health problems. We need strikers and when he's fit he would be my choice to start up front. 

Agree. Adding Fraser, McBurnie and Griffiths to the squad would be a big boost for our attacking options. 

7 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Agree. Adding Fraser, McBurnie and Griffiths to the squad would be a big boost for our attacking options. 

If i were clarke id be planning for a future without griffiths. He eithet not in the right place mentally, injured or down the pecking ordwr at his club.

Clarke needs to have a frank conversation with Fraser too. Is he on board or not? Clarke then has to make a judgment on whether he believes fraser is committed or not.

Mcburnie will battle it out with dykes, if he is on form with sheff utd. 

Its going to be very interesting to see how Burke gets on at sheff utd and where he is deployed.

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

If i were clarke id be planning for a future without griffiths. He eithet not in the right place mentally, injured or down the pecking ordwr at his club.

Clarke needs to have a frank conversation with Fraser too. Is he on board or not? Clarke then has to make a judgment on whether he believes fraser is committed or not.

Mcburnie will battle it out with dykes, if he is on form with sheff utd. 

Its going to be very interesting to see how Burke gets on at sheff utd and where he is deployed.

To a degree I'd agree with that. It is the sensible course to take.

Griffiths should not be relied on to be some sort of saviour given his capacity to go mental walkabouts at any time. We need to have players we can rely on and to be there consistently for us. I'd like to think now that Fraser has sorted out his club future he'll be back firing again. I see in his pressers he marks out his aim to establish himself back in the Scotland side.

49 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Tierney is centre back in a 4 today. 

Lets just play him there for us. Robertson left back.

4 at the back.

McTominay in CM only. 

442 with more support for the striker(s)!?

Does this seem insane? Maybe. 

I wouldn't necessarily be against that, but it looks like Tierney's playing in a 3 today.

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

4 at the back.

McTominay in CM only. 

Im not sure he is in a back 4 today

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

4 at the back.

McTominay in CM only. 

If he can do it in the premier league then he can do it against probably 90% of the international teams he'd come up against. A back 4 would be ideal, but still doesn't really solve the RB conundrum

1 hour ago, Tartan blood said:

If he can do it in the premier league then he can do it against probably 90% of the international teams he'd come up against. A back 4 would be ideal, but still doesn't really solve the RB conundrum

Is it too much of a stretch of the imagination to stick Tierney on the centre left of a four man defence because he plays left central  in a three man at Arsenal, McKenna is playing central in a three man at Aberdeen so can he move slightly right to be the right central defender in a back four. Doesn't appear that either would be miles out of position.

Regards the right back problem, all we did with the three at the back experiment was create an extra central defender and double wing back problem.

10 minutes ago, noctonjock said:

Think he could still do a job for us . Knows where the net is . I await the abuse 

There shouldn't be any abuse, given our lack of good options upfront if Rhodes hits form and scores a few before the next internationals then he should be back in the squad easy. Guys only 30 and has an excellent record over the years. 

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Ross McCrorie got the whoscored man of the match.

Got a big rating last week too in midfield. Certainly think of one or two he should be ahead of for a squad place.

He probably is a shout at right back now also, that’s where he’s played the majority of his games in his career.