Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 210 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

36 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Why he stopped getting called up is one of those things in international football that goes  unexplained.

But now at 35 there is no way he should be called up. 

Allegedly, Strachan thought Bardsley's attitude was appalling and that's why he dropped him.

Nothing was ever confirmed mind.

13 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Why would anyone be confused by my above post unless they are retarded. Bardsley is a right back who has played in the epl for years, given our lack of options there would anyone be happy to see Clarke call him up for future squads?

in a heartbeat.  Possibly the biggest increase in the quality of our first 11 would be to play Beardsley.  Like him... solid.

2 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Along the same lines, I'd heard he had asked for a 'time out' from international football. In that case - good riddance.

Would it not be best for Clarke to ask him and get a clear answer. Guys got years of epl experience at right back so he would be an upgrade on our current choices. 

13 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Why he stopped getting called up is one of those things in international football that goes  unexplained.

But now at 35 there is no way he should be called up. 

If he's good enough to start in the epl then surely age shouldn't be a factor. Let him play a year or 2 then hopefully by then we have a young player to come in and replace him. 

52 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Would it not be best for Clarke to ask him and get a clear answer. Guys got years of epl experience at right back so he would be an upgrade on our current choices. 

And do we know that he hasn't already asked him?

There are many article (recently) of Bardsley talking about his career just now and nowhere does he mention an interest in getting back into the Scotland squad. Read into that what you will.

I'm a big soft spot for Burnley having lived there a good few years & my season ticket holding mates rate Bardsley as a very good solid consistent defender. 

Sadly i think under Strachan he was left out & he allegedly stated he wasn't bothered. Since then it appears neither McLeish nor Clarke have tried to get him back on board which is a shame as he would have been a significant mark up on who we have selected since Hutton retired. 

He is 35 & its 6 years since his last cap so no chance of changing that now. 

19 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

And do we know that he hasn't already asked him?

There are many article (recently) of Bardsley talking about his career just now and nowhere does he mention an interest in getting back into the Scotland squad. Read into that what you will.

We'll Tbf we don't know but I think it's likely that he hasn't asked him. 

7 minutes ago, theabsentee said:

I'm a big soft spot for Burnley having lived there a good few years & my season ticket holding mates rate Bardsley as a very good solid consistent defender. 

Sadly i think under Strachan he was left out & he allegedly stated he wasn't bothered. Since then it appears neither McLeish nor Clarke have tried to get him back on board which is a shame as he would have been a significant mark up on who we have selected since Hutton retired. 

He is 35 & its 6 years since his last cap so no chance of changing that now. 

He stated he wasn't bothered but it seemed like he was more pissed off he wasn't selected and was claiming he wasn't bothered as a form of bravado. I think it's worth asking him even though he's 35 he would be a decent stop gap til we get a young right back who is good enough. 

22 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

He stated he wasn't bothered but it seemed like he was more pissed off he wasn't selected and was claiming he wasn't bothered as a form of bravado. I think it's worth asking him even though he's 35 he would be a decent stop gap til we get a young right back who is good enough. 

yeah...that’s a gd shout. Get a year or two and hope  Nathan Patterson makes it... all other options are a handicap