Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 203 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

1 hour ago, Taylor1996 said:

No. SkyBlueScot brought it up 4 hours ago when he linked an article and then he commented on it. My post was in reference that that post.

Look up.

Oh look. Hibs and Aberdeen are playing it.

I'd be surprised if he isn't in the first 11 by the end of September. He's the closest thing to a midfielder who can dictate play since Collins and McAllister.

Why? Because Clarke is a doofus. It's funny, I like Clarke when he was at WBA, but now... I have no faith in him.

SkyBlueScot brought up how fantastic you were for suggesting 3-5-2 two years ago? 

Clarke is a “doofus” because he doesn’t use your preferred formation or pick a young player that has just come back from  an operation not that long ago? He’s a qualified coach and professional football manager. You are not. It might be worth bearing that in mind.

Whether Turnbull should be in the squad just now is a matter of opinion and Clarke’s opinion is the one that counts at the moment. I’m sure he’ll be in the squad soon enough though if he breaks into the Celtic team. 

4 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Lol settle down, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Let's see how he gets on at celtic before we proclaim him as the messiah. A few goals in the spl doesn't mean he will be a superstar. 

The players you mentioned are nae superstars...2 of them have spent their entire career in the spfl, while the other one has been in and out the Celtic team.

Turnbull is a real star 

McCrorie will be in the full squad soon especially as we have no right backs barring O’Donnell who must be the worst player in a generation to get regular caps.

Chripper/TDK/Taylor & whichever other profiles currently in use by the same human please stop spoiling every post with your incessant nonsense. 

5 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Chripper/TDK/Taylor & whichever other profiles currently in use by the same human please stop spoiling every post with your incessant nonsense. 

SkyBlueScot linked at article and then said:

"Could this work for us? Are we good enough to be adaptable? "

And then JECK debated us playing 3-5-2

Have a go at them. 

13 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

The players you mentioned are nae superstars...2 of them have spent their entire career in the spfl, while the other one has been in and out the Celtic team.

Turnbull is a real star 

He’s played less than 50 league games in the same league, he might turn out to be a superstar but some way off 

25 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

SkyBlueScot brought up how fantastic you were for suggesting 3-5-2 two years ago? 

Clarke is a “doofus” because he doesn’t use your preferred formation or pick a young player that has just come back from  an operation not that long ago? He’s a qualified coach and professional football manager. You are not. It might be worth bearing that in mind.

Whether Turnbull should be in the squad just now is a matter of opinion and Clarke’s opinion is the one that counts at the moment. I’m sure he’ll be in the squad soon enough though if he breaks into the Celtic team. 

Apparently, I'm not allowed to give my opinion.

If you wonder why I don't want replies/engage, have a look at Proudscot's post. 

17 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Turnbull is a real star 

I hope you’re right but we’ll see how his career progresses. 

2 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Apparently, I'm not allowed to give my opinion.

If you wonder why I don't want replies/engage, have a look at Proudscot's post. 

I didn’t say you weren’t allowed to give your opinion. I was telling you why I though your opinion was wrong, or at least based on the wrong information. 

Calling the Scotland manager a doofus because you, an unqualified person, disagree with his preferred formation and squad selection is, in my humble opinion, ridiculous. Feel free to tell me why I’m wrong. 

Just now, Texas Pete said:

I didn’t say you weren’t allowed to give your opinion. I was telling you why I though your opinion was wrong, or at least based on the wrong information. 

Calling the Scotland manager a doofus because you, an unqualified person, disagree with his preferred formation and squad selection is, in my humble opinion, ridiculous. Feel free to tell me why I’m wrong. 

Yeah. It's not always about you. 

Do you even read anything that I write?

Proudscot said that I'm not allowed to post my opinions.

16 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

SkyBlueScot linked at article and then said:

"Could this work for us? Are we good enough to be adaptable? "

And then JECK debated us playing 3-5-2

Have a go at them. 

I wasn’t “having a go” at you for bringing up 3-5-2. I was commenting on the fact that you patting yourself in the back for saying it 2 years ago and calling those that mention it now “embarrassing” made you look smug and unpleasant. 

Just now, Texas Pete said:

I wasn’t “having a go” at you for bringing up 3-5-2. I was commenting on the fact that you patting yourself in the back for saying it 2 years ago and calling those that mention it now “embarrassing” made you look smug and unpleasant. 

Smug and unpleasant? That’s our chripper. Barely back on the board and already derailing threads. 

5 hours ago, JECK said:

No problem for Tierney, the issue is all of Robertson’s best work comes from out wide also - a lot of tremendous crosses put in yesterday. Can’t see Robertson just being able to stay inside a lot to allow Tierney to bomb on. I think the only way to accommodate both is to play Tierney defensively in a centrally/left of a back 3 and Robertson in his usual role.

Assuming you meant centre left of a back four that's the way I see it too, why would you want one of the best left backs in the world playing any were other than leftback. 

18 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

All about opinions, but I can't see anything so far to suggest he is going to get the best out of the potential players we have available.

Of course if he doe's he got lucky and if he doesn't I was right

He might not be that intelligent ( I really don’t know) but I don’t think you need to be to be a good manager. Alex Ferguson was hardly Einstein. 

I’ll reserve judgement on Clarke until after the playoffs and next campaign. 

36 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

No. He linked an article of how Arteta used Tierney in a back three. JECK them commented, in depth, on 3-5-2.

I was replying to those posts.

Do you just ignore everyone else's posts and just focus on mine? Skybluescot brought up the formation thing, when he linked the article.

Turnbull should be in the squad. Period. If Billy Gilmour was fit and firing, he'd be in the under 21 squad. Wow, you are very much about the establishment, aren't you? That's like saying "Boris Johnson is the PM, so he knows better than everyone who isn't"