Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 139 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

1 minute ago, Bino's said:

Armstrong hasn't played central midfield, the way Steve Clarke's formation play it, for years

Surely McGregor or Fleck or Jack will replace mcginn

Mcginn was playing in the number 10 role and Armstrong will replace him with 2 of mctominay/mcgregor and fleck behind him. Simple stuff like jeeezzz

6 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Commentators even saying Gilmour should be called up.

The most impressive teenage Scottish performance at a good level ever surely.

Paul McStay, Kenny Dalglish, Denis Law?

If he ends up half as good as them we'll be delighted though...

1 minute ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

When you know, you know... 

... Seen it with Fletcher back in the day

I’m not saying that he won’t get there. Just that he isn’t there yet. He’s got a lot of learning to do before he’s at the top of the pecking order for a place in our midfield. There’s no need to be putting him into our team just yet. Let him learn his trade first.

3 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

I’m not saying that he won’t get there. Just that he isn’t there yet. He’s got a lot of learning to do before he’s at the top of the pecking order for a place in our midfield. There’s no need to be putting him into our team just yet. Let him learn his trade first.

When I see a comment from you my heart sinks and I scroll past it very quickly making sure not to read it. 

9 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

Mcginn was playing in the number 10 role and Armstrong will replace him with 2 of mctominay/mcgregor and fleck behind him. Simple stuff like jeeezzz

There is no number 10 role in a 433

It's a flat 3 across the middle of the park

Just now, JECK said:

Fair play to the pundits on motd bigging him up. For all the stick we give them that was pretty refreshing to watch them praise (a lot) a Scottish player.

I actually find Lineker and Shearer to be pretty good, fair pundits... Ian Wright is an utter bawbag though 

10 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

If Mcginn is fit, then I'd play him beside McTominay and Fleck... If he's not, then Gilmour has as good a shout as any

I actually find Lineker and Shearer to be pretty good, fair pundits... Ian Wright is an utter bawbag though 

£2.8m a year of tax payers money in that commentary booth

If Mcginn is fit, then I'd play him beside McTominay and Fleck... If he's not, then Gilmour has as good a shout as any

I’d assume that Steve Clarke is not thinking along the same lines, but I may be proved wrong. Surely the likes of Armstrong, Jack, McGregor and McLean have far better shouts than Gilmour?

One match doesn’t suddenly make him a world beater. If he can string several performances like that together, then great, but I’m not sure that he will be given the opportunity to do so, for the time being.

3 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

We never played a 433 last 2 games we played a 4231. Clarke has said he like that formation. Not sure where the 433 has come from. 

They’re basically the same, very little difference between them. One can easily change into the other, depending on how the game turns out.

Impressive performance from Gilmour. I remember people raving about him in Rangers youth teams a few years ago so good to see him coming good. Reminds me of a young Barry Ferguson with the way he takes the ball, makes space for himself and moves it on, not to mention his confidence on the ball against more experienced players. 

I’d be inviting him along with the squad for the next games,  not with a view to playing him but just integrating him with the senior squad. 

1 minute ago, dohadeer said:

They’re basically the same, very little difference between them. One can easily change into the other, depending on how the game turns out.

My point is mcginn was effectively the number 10 in the last 2 games and if he is not fit then I think Armstrong will play there. That means gilmour is fighting for places with mctominay, mcgregor, fleck and Jack.