Europa League 19/20 - Page 52 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Europa League 19/20

That was fucking tremendous. Should have had them buried by half time but a great performance overall and McGregor never really troubled. Goldson had his best performance in a Rangers shirt and big Edmundson was outstanding considering it was by far the biggest game of his career. 

It’s some achievement to come through 4 rounds of qualifying, a pretty tough group and then from 2 nil down at home to reach the last 16. When you consider 2 years ago we were getting papped out in Luxembourg it’s some turn around.  

:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

I did say after the first leg that if Braga held such a high line as before the huns would score in the 2nd leg. Fair play to them, defensively they were night and day from the first leg and should have wrapped up the win early.

Without in any way trying to dilute the achievement I think a lot of people did confuse Braga as being a great side with being a side with a lot of skillful players. Defensively I thought they were ridiculous in both legs. Credit to the manager for recognising it 👍

Edited by slasher

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

Ever surely?

1 hour ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Probably your best ever.

Off the top of my head Barcelona 72, Leeds 92, Marseilles 92 (a draw but went they went on to win the whole thing), Leverkusen 98, Lyon 07 & Sporting Lisbon 08 would all rank above it.