Pick the top 3 now. - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Pick the top 3 now.

On 10/22/2018 at 11:35 AM, sbcmfc said:

If you have to choose between Celtic winning 10 IAR or Rangers stopping them, which is worse....

:shocked:

Killie stopping 10 IAR would be the best thing that happened in Scottish football in over 30 years.

12 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Killie stopping 10 IAR would be the best thing that happened in Scottish football in over 30 years.

Anyone except Rangers stopping them would be 

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'd prefer to just coast under the radar....

Even if killie go unbeaten until the end of the season and romp the the league, the Scottish media will be full of "Rangers/Celtic are in the hunt for 'crack' outer mongolian number 10 thought to be the Asian Maradona.

If Killie did a Leicester City it would be amazing and in my opinion a greater achievement.

They've been the best team on Scotland over the last calendar year, so it’s not a freak of fixtures or lucky run.

Its still extremely unlikely, but we can all dream.

Probably help if Rangers and particularly Celtic progress in Europe....

24 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

If Killie did a Leicester City it would be amazing and in my opinion a greater achievement.

They've been the best team on Scotland over the last calendar year, so it’s not a freak of fixtures or lucky run.

Its still extremely unlikely, but we can all dream.

Probably help if Rangers and particularly Celtic progress in Europe....

Looking at points per game in the league, Kilmarnock are averaging just 0.02 points per game less than Celtic this calendar year - the equivalent of about 0.7 points fewer over a league season. Given the enormous difference in budget between the sides, it's completely fair to say that they've been the best team over the past year in Scotland. They've also only lost four league games this year, none of which were against the Old Firm sides.

I still think it's unlikely that Killie can keep going at the rate they are, largely because I can see Celtic and Rangers spending money in January which will improve their sides. Progression in Europe may assist in the transfer market.

I think it would be a greater achievement than Leicester's title win if Killie could do it - the English league is a lot more egalitarian than the Scottish Premiership, especially taking into account the European money than Celtic has received over the years.

34 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

Looking at points per game in the league, Kilmarnock are averaging just 0.02 points per game less than Celtic this calendar year - the equivalent of about 0.7 points fewer over a league season. Given the enormous difference in budget between the sides, it's completely fair to say that they've been the best team over the past year in Scotland. They've also only lost four league games this year, none of which were against the Old Firm sides.

I still think it's unlikely that Killie can keep going at the rate they are, largely because I can see Celtic and Rangers spending money in January which will improve their sides. Progression in Europe may assist in the transfer market.

I think it would be a greater achievement than Leicester's title win if Killie could do it - the English league is a lot more egalitarian than the Scottish Premiership, especially taking into account the European money than Celtic has received over the years.

I also think the difference in finances can’t be measured linearly.

There’s a saturation point where the cost rises exponentially in comparison to ability.

Killie will have 1/10th the playing budget of Celtic and 1/5th Rangers and transfer expenditure of £0.

I think it is fantastic what Killie are doing, it really is, but Truth be told. Celtic is far to strong, as has far to much depth in the squad. We will win the league. Will not be a walk in the park, but we will win it. I hope to fuck fuck Killie pip Sevco for 2nd though. 

5 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I think it is fantastic what Killie are doing, it really is, but Truth be told. Celtic is far to strong, as has far to much depth in the squad. We will win the league. Will not be a walk in the park, but we will win it. I hope to fuck fuck Killie pip Sevco for 2nd though. 

Folk said exactly the same about Leicester.

On a related note, Leicester went top for the first time on 5th December (so did we) and then went on to play the defending champions (Chelsea) and beat them 2-1 in their next game.

Just thought I'd put that out there.

7 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Celtic do have depth in their squad, but they threw a few of the fringe players in on Wednesday and were pretty hopeless. They need these guys to step up and take their chance like Ryan Christie did If their depth of squad is to be a strength.

Motherwell had a few good years under Stuart McCall with a core of about 15 players. Quality over quantity.

If things are going well and you avoid injuries etc. You can build a momentum.

With European football and players away on international duty, Celtic have to rotate a bit, but Killie will be hoping to play the same 11 players most weeks.

11 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

16/1 on Saturday.

Just saying. 

18/1 on Ladbrokes if you use your boost.

mental price.

56 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

That's an unbelievable price. I know the bookies aren't wrong often, especially with shots that long, but still.

I agree bookies rarely get it wrong, but you regularly see teams that look well overpriced in Scottish games.

Most weekends you can find a game where you can’t separate the teams, then find the away team is 4/1 or better. I’d normally exclude Celtic from this, but 18/1 is crazy, probably get backed in by KO tomorrow.

I tend to give more weight to head to head results whereas bookies seem to favour form and league position.

12 hours ago, Clyde1998 said:

Killie will keep up the current rate. There is zero doubt of tha it's more a question of whether Celtic can up their game. Chances are they will do just that and win the league comfortably, but killie will remain consistently good until the end end of the season. Certainly expecting 12-13pts from the next 5.

Rangers lack the mentality to win the league. 

On 12/5/2018 at 3:06 PM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

If is doesn't change as of this minute.

Celtic

Killie

Sevco.  

19 minutes ago, Chripper said:

1. Celtic

2. Rangers

3. Kilmarnock

So, with 24 points to play for in December alone, the top 3 aren't going to change?

(We'll see.)

I’ve dreamt up a hypothetical last day of the season scenario.

Kilmarnock 80pts

Celtic 79pts

rangers 78pts

Rangers v Killie

Hearts v Celtic

If Killie beat Rangers, they win the league, but if Rangers win or draw they open the door for Celtic, but could win the league themselves if they win and Celtic slip up.

:lol:

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

I’ve dreamt up a hypothetical last day of the season scenario.

Kilmarnock 80pts

Celtic 79pts

rangers 78pts

Rangers v Killie

Hearts v Celtic

If Killie beat Rangers, they win the league, but if Rangers win or draw they open the door for Celtic, but could win the league themselves if they win and Celtic slip up.

:lol:

I've another one.

Rangers vs Hearts

Celtic vs Hibs

Killie vs Aberdeen

League table as follows going into last game.

Killie 80pts

Celtic 79 Pts

Rangers 79pts

Aberdeen 75pts

Hibs 75pts

Hearts 74pts

Aberdeen end erupts when Killie open the scoring hahahaha