This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 37 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

16 hours ago, faircity said:

It's the double standards though. Morelos was red carded for kicking a player off the ball, caught on camera and absolutely no doubt it was the correct decision yet it was overturned. 

McKenna's appeal has far more going for it than Morelos' one did due to the fact he played the ball before any contact and it's debatable whether or not he even know that Edouard was coming. 

No surprises which way the rulings went. 

Playing the ball before, during or after a foul is not relevant. A foul is a foul. It doesn't matter if the tackler gets the ball or not. Tackling a player half way up the thigh is a foul. Doing it with both feet off the ground whilst flying through the air is a dangerous tackle and should be a red card. It can also be a red card even if the tackler makes no contact with the player. 

13 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

(Keep in mind that the Celtic player started tonight.)

That's irrelevant. It was a dangerous tackle. He should have been sent off even if he had made no contact with the player.

I hope he learns from this and doesn't try anything similar whilst playing for Scotland.

23 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Just seen it for the first time.  It's a red card every day of the week.  How the fcuk the ref, his assistant and the 4th official have all missed that is mind boggling.

I think what’s getting on folks goat is that the consistency of the judiciary is mind boggling. 

58 minutes ago, Ormond said:

I think what’s getting on folks goat is that the consistency of the judiciary is mind boggling. 

I think you mean lack of consistency but I get what you mean and totally agree. 

There's no logic that can be applied to all of these decisions and be consistent. 

11 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I think you mean lack of consistency but I get what you mean and totally agree. 

There's no logic that can be applied to all of these decisions and be consistent. 

Yes, that’s what I meant. 

1 minute ago, Ormond said:

Yes, that’s what I meant. 

Most will know that :ok:

'Those' reverting to the 'tackle' rather than the process know that too.

It's a fukin shambles that isn't going to get any better anytime soon for the majority.

What a laughing stock we are.......

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Just seen it for the first time.  It's a red card every day of the week.  How the fcuk the ref, his assistant and the 4th official have all missed that is mind boggling.

They didn’t miss it, they deemed it (in real time) not to be a foul. Now they’ve been demoted for it. 

Guest faircity
3 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Playing the ball before, during or after a foul is not relevant. A foul is a foul. It doesn't matter if the tackler gets the ball or not. Tackling a player half way up the thigh is a foul. Doing it with both feet off the ground whilst flying through the air is a dangerous tackle and should be a red card. It can also be a red card even if the tackler makes no contact with the player. 

As others have said, it's the fact that each decision isn't being judged impartially, it appears to be more related to which club is making the appeal. If you are telling me McKenna was more deserving of a red card than Morelos' was then there isn't really much more I can offer here. 

8 minutes ago, faircity said:

As others have said, it's the fact that each decision isn't being judged impartially, it appears to be more related to which club is making the appeal. If you are telling me McKenna was more deserving of a red card than Morelos' was then there isn't really much more I can offer here. 

A 2 game ban (With zero protocol to cite) v no ban under the circumstances is scandalous. (In addition, Brown / Naismith / Gordon / Shagger as recent examples)

Devlin's red being upheld is a joke. They can clearly see he was fouled first. (Then there's the distance & covering player(s) too)

Their (SPFL) semi final 'efforts only adds fuel.

Time to fish or cut bait........

32 minutes ago, faircity said:

If McKenna was wearing green hoops last weekend we all know there's no way we'd even be having this discussion right now.

6 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I hope he learns from this and doesn't try anything similar whilst playing for Scotland.

Yeah, lets hope there's a lesson learned here. :rolleyes:

(Don't accidentally make contact with another player while trying to clear with your wrong foot when the ball is coming directly into your box cause you might get a red a two game suspension, perhaps?)

Noted. ;)

4 hours ago, dandydunn said:

They didn’t miss it, they deemed it (in real time) not to be a foul. 

Correct.

Clashes happen.

Defender has no choice but to go for the ball in that situation.

The Celtic player (who McKenna knew nothing about) was unfortunately collateral damage in a man's game.

13 hours ago, COLT NY said:

If McKenna was wearing green hoops last weekend we all know there's no way we'd even be having this discussion right now.

Tbf I think there would be a lot of discussion about it if McKenna was a Celtic player. It would have been hilarious if a player did that to his own teammate

15 hours ago, faircity said:

I never mentioned Morelos. I don't think I've seen that one.

Using McKenna's tackle to try to show the impartiality is just picking a very bad example. I'm sure folk could find a better one? McKenna's tackle should have been a clear sending off. 

17 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Did Craig Gordon not run out his box and tackle a player like that v Morton and did similar a few weeks before or after and get off complete Scot free both times?

Yep

15 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

McKenna's tackle should have been a clear sending off. 

And yet, the punishment was even worse than that.

Guest faircity
7 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I never mentioned Morelos. I don't think I've seen that one.

Using McKenna's tackle to try to show the impartiality is just picking a very bad example. I'm sure folk could find a better one? McKenna's tackle should have been a clear sending off. 

No, but the referee seen it and didn't think it worthy of a red card, the other case the referee did see it and deemed it worthy of a red card. One overturned, one withheld. 

Similar to the way broon got off with it, MacGregor got off with it. There is a pattern. 

Guest faircity
37 minutes ago, kumnio said:

What a cheating fuck.

Did he even appeal for a penalty? It looked that bad a dive he didn't even bother but yeah, he should be hammered. 

Neil McCann just called a dive and just stopped short of calling Jones a cheat. 

He should’ve though, Clarke very diplomatic in his response and says he’ll speak to Jones if need be. 

On my game, decent performance from Aberdeen, but should’ve been like hi s and went out to murder them in the 2nd half instead of stepping off the gas. Good to see cosgrove finally score, but will have to see his second again, very confusing. 

9 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Neil McCann just called a dive and just stopped short of calling Jones a cheat. 

He should’ve though, Clarke very diplomatic in his response and says he’ll speak to Jones if need be. 

On my game, decent performance from Aberdeen, but should’ve been like hi s and went out to murder them in the 2nd half instead of stepping off the gas. Good to see cosgrove finally score, but will have to see his second again, very confusing. 

As long as wee Neil wants to be consistent and accept that one of his own players dived right in front of us with about 10 mins to go.