Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SkyBlueScot

Scottish player transfers

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Chripper said:

Ah, I wasn't reading it in its entirety. I just read "Dalglish and Souness" and thought you meant when they were players.

Steve Clarke is currently our top manager, bar none. Other than that, a ton of mediocrity.

Agreed. Very thin on the ground indeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Caledonian Craig said:

Agreed. Very thin on the ground indeed.

You actually make a good point.

Taking out Clarke, who are our best managers? McLeish? Levein? Moyes? Three dinosaurs. 

Bang goes the days of us saying "We haven't got good players, but at least we've got good managers".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Which Scots would you go for? Shankland? Brophy?

None I'm afraid unless we could get Hornby from Everton...but even then I'd want a more experienced player to come in as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

None I'm afraid unless we could get Hornby from Everton...but even then I'd want a more experienced player to come in as well. 

Feel he's still a long way to go. I think he's just had an operation hasn't he? Back January?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

Oliver Burke linked with a loan move to Celtic in January on the BBC 

From a Celtic POV, I'm not sure we need a right-winger that can't get a game for West Brom. We have Forrest and Morgan already.

From a Scotland POV, Burke clearly has something about him. Rodgers could be the ideal manager to get it out of him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems a strange one. Burke didn't look out of place when I saw him with Leipzig, and I went out of my way to watch him. Seems he was unable to accurately follow instructions/positional play/defensive work etc. Certainly expected him to be playing regularly and ripping up the Championship this season. Has power and pace, maybe a wee bit lacking in technical aspects to be a truly great player, but certainly should be aiming for cutting it at EPL level. Needs to play. Must be a central striker plan if Celtic want him. Unfortunately I fear he would be a huge success in our league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

From a Celtic POV, I'm not sure we need a right-winger that can't get a game for West Brom. We have Forrest and Morgan already.

From a Scotland POV, Burke clearly has something about him. Rodgers could be the ideal manager to get it out of him. 

He can play uptop too with pace and a presence - could be something in that?

Interesting one.

Rangers maybe need him more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ProudScot said:

He can play uptop too with pace and a presence - could be something in that?

Interesting one.

Rangers maybe need him more. 

The Leipzig manager said he expected Burke to end up playing a number 10 role.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oliver Burke is a strange one. He reminds me of Matthew Le Tissier (Not because of talent). Both were/are gifted players, but neither of them particularly liked/like to run and track-back. 

Like Le Tissier, Burke has to be managed by a manager who indulges him and lets him do his own thing. Le Tissier can owe his career to Alan Ball, however, Burke has yet to find a manager who will tolerate his lack of workrate.

It's a misconception that Burke "doesn't care", it's more that he doesn't like tracking back and working for the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ProudScot said:

He can play uptop too with pace and a presence - could be something in that?

Interesting one.

Rangers maybe need him more. 

Both Gauld and Burke would both be a good fit for Rangers and it would be good for their careers. Gauld in particular is the type of player they need for home games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

Both Gauld and Burke would both be a good fit for Rangers and it would be good for their careers. Gauld in particular is the type of player they need for home games. 

Gauld needs something anyway. He’s basically lost 4 years of his career out there it seems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Unsure who he even is but Stuart McKinstrey (16 year old winger from Motherwell) linked with £400,000 move to Leeds.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/transfer-news-live-rangers-celtic-13794462

Hopefully work out for the lad, but we've had a couple go down to Leeds over the past few years and came to nothing (Lee Erwin and Alan Martin)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jack Hendry being shipped out on loan to get games for rest of season.

Hes got his critics on here but he did play well for us when drafted in so let’s give him some time.

McKenna, Souttar, Bates, Porteous, Findlay, Hendry - tall promising young centre backs club 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2018 at 8:20 PM, ProudScot said:

Gauld needs something anyway. He’s basically lost 4 years of his career out there it seems. 

Better player than when he left. Has been playing 90 minutes every game since joining Farense and bagged 2 goals in the last match, including a tidy volley into the top corner from outside the area.

Out on loan for the reminder of this season, but he's got 18 months left on his Sporting deal, so we'll see what happens at that point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Jack Hendry being shipped out on loan to get games for rest of season.

Hes got his critics on here but he did play well for us when drafted in so let’s give him some time.

McKenna, Souttar, Bates, Porteous, Findlay, Hendry - tall promising young centre backs club 

Jack Hendry a promising young centre back :rollsmile:

Have you actually watched him play for Celtic ? The boy is so far out of his depth that your heart breaks for him. It's that embarrassing.

He is their worst player since Du Wei in 2005.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×