Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SkyBlueScot

Scottish player transfers

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, andyD said:

Definitely don't see these moves for Burke and Gauld as make or break. They're good opportunities to show that they're ready right now. That's about it.

Always worth remembering that Hartley didn't really get going until 27-28, so the idea that Burke will be washed up at 21, is a bit silly if we're honest.

I was about to mention him, too.

I remember watching Hartley when I was still at School in Hamilton. He broke through at about 17/18 as a winger, he was electric.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chripper said:

I was about to mention him, too.

I remember watching Hartley when I was still at School in Hamilton. He broke through at about 17/18 as a winger, he was electric.

For me he was one of the most important players in the national side for a few years. The midfield just looked so much better balanced with him in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, andyD said:

For me he was one of the most important players in the national side for a few years. The midfield just looked so much better balanced with him in it.

I'd agree.

He was one of those underrated players who just went about their business without much fuss and he was very much under the radar, a player that every team needs. It was interesting to see his game develop from being a mazy winger to being a central midfielder that you could trust to keep things ticking over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I felt there was a spell of 1-2 years where Hartley was our best player also.  I cant remember exactly, I think it was when McFadden was going through a wasteful spell and in my opinion was playing with a lazy attitude. It is amazing to think that we are talking about events 10-12 years ago, time really has flown by.  Our EURO 2008 campaign was remarkable, our squad was really strong then, one thing it shows is the importance of getting our campaign off to go a good start - EURO 2010 we had 4 points in first 4 games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, andyD said:

Definitely don't see these moves for Burke and Gauld as make or break. They're good opportunities to show that they're ready right now. That's about it.

Always worth remembering that Hartley didn't really get going until 27-28, so the idea that Burke will be washed up at 21, is a bit silly if we're honest.

I understand where you are coming from, and as I said they may turn out to be good SPL players which Paul Hartley was, but we are looking for top internationals. That's what we all hope they become. Let's be honest we are hoping for more than the next Paul Hartley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Is there any truth in the rumours that Celtic have sacked Leigh Griffiths?

Presumably surfacing after Rodgers had taken him to task in the media. Strange situation.

Edited by Tartan_McCole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Leeds in for Brophy according to Talksport.

He's under contract until 2021 thankfully.

Killie got a valuation for him? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

Killie got a valuation for him? 

Aye, £10m or fuck off!

I'm sure they will have but wouldn't expect us to come out in public, especially as we don't need to sell.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye, £10m or fuck off!

I'm sure they will have but wouldn't expect us to come out in public, especially as we don't need to sell.

 

Haha I hear you. Be a shame if Killie just seen £ signs and got rid. I like him a lot but id sell at the end of the season if at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

Haha I hear you. Be a shame if Killie just seen £ signs and got rid. I like him a lot but id sell at the end of the season if at all. 

Aye, I don't think we're in any rush to sell.

End of season would be my preference. Would need to be silly money to sell in January IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gauld deal delayed it seems.. with some slightly bizarre comments from Lennon:
"It's just paperwork and getting the agreement finalised."

Isn't that.. everything? Need to agree a deal, then sign a deal.
That doesn't sound particularly close.. you could use the same phrase to refer to the current state of brexit.

"He's fit. It will just be a question of his football now."

Is Lennon suggesting he's not good enough for Hibs? Okaay..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, macy37 said:

I predicted Peterborough or Rotherham for Gauld so Hibs fits about right for him.

I wouldn't get too cocky given the signings you guys have made this January!

Guy that can't get a game for WBA, a 18 year old with 20 senior games under his belt, an unknown that has played 50 games in Tunisa/Slovkia and a kid from a college team!

Gaulds CV holds up not too badly against that. At least we know he can perform in the SPFL.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I wouldn't get too cocky given the signings you guys have made this January!

Guy that can't get a game for WBA, a 18 year old with 20 senior games under his belt, an unknown that has played 50 games in Tunisa/Slovkia and a kid from a college team!

Gaulds CV holds up not too badly against that. At least we know he can perform in the SPFL.

I’m not sure what Gauld has to do with our hit and very much miss signing policies. 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, macy37 said:

I’m not sure what Gauld has to do with our hit and very much miss signing policies. 🤔

It's usually just miss in January for Brenda!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mrniaboc said:

James Forrest to Liverpool? I just don't see that happening. 

No. Bit an odd one. He's good but not sure how much of a game he'd get there so it doesn't sound right to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SkyBlueScot said:

No. Bit an odd one. He's good but not sure how much of a game he'd get there so it doesn't sound right to me.

Could see them bringing him in as a Shaqiri type good quality backup, but they don't really need him and if they did your think it would be now (for the title run in as insurance against injuries etc) rather than in the summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...