Snp Strategy - 2015 General Election - Page 8 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Snp Strategy - 2015 General Election

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd call them the Alliance Party. Only non-Scottish parties need 'Scottish' in their name, 'Scottish' Labour is as Scottish as 'Scottish' Daily Express. The very act of *not* having Scottish in the name reinforces the fact they are focused on Scotland.

Calling themselves Alliance also leads to the fact that the only way to shorten the name is 'the allies', which the mainstream media would hate, as they couldn't demonise them.

I'd call them the Alliance Party. Only non-Scottish parties need 'Scottish' in their name, 'Scottish' Labour is as Scottish as 'Scottish' Daily Express. The very act of *not* having Scottish in the name reinforces the fact they are focused on Scotland.

Calling themselves Alliance also leads to the fact that the only way to shorten the name is 'the allies', which the mainstream media would hate, as they couldn't demonise them.

But an alliance is the opposite of what they seek?

Scotland could get ‘revenge’ for broken referendum promises, says Salmond
First minister says a ‘huge gap’ has opened between what was promised by Westminster leaders and command paper

“Right now, the initial judgment that’s coming from Scotland is that people have no confidence in Tory guarantees and are absolutely fizzing about what looks like a preparation for a betrayal of a strong commitment made.”

Despite previously saying the referendum would settle the question of Scottish independence for a generation, Salmond suggested this may no longer apply if the Scots felt conned and tricked.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/oct/14/scotland-broken-referendum-promises-alex-salmond

edit: the quote boxes on here screw up the font sizes

Edited by thplinth

ScotGoesPop Poll of Polls (http://scotgoespop.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/ok-london-broadcasters-so-tell-us-just.html):

• SNP - 42.8% (+22.9% on 2010)
  • LAB - 27.0% (-15.0%)
  • CON - 15.7% (-1.0%)
  • LIB - 7.0% (-11.9%)
  • UKIP - 4.3% (+3.6%)
  • GRN - 2.1% (+1.4%)

Using Scotland Votes:

• SNP - 43 seats (+37)
  • LAB - 12 seats (-29)
  • LIB - 3 seats (-8)
  • CON - 1 seat (+0)

ScotGoesPop Poll of Polls (http://scotgoespop.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/ok-london-broadcasters-so-tell-us-just.html):

• SNP - 42.8% (+22.9% on 2010)
  • LAB - 27.0% (-15.0%)
  • CON - 15.7% (-1.0%)
  • LIB - 7.0% (-11.9%)
  • UKIP - 4.3% (+3.6%)
  • GRN - 2.1% (+1.4%)

Using Scotland Votes:

• SNP - 43 seats (+37)
  • LAB - 12 seats (-29)
  • LIB - 3 seats (-8)
  • CON - 1 seat (+0)

I think that vote will get squeezed as May comes, but don't see how the SNP can't reastically aim at least double their MP numbers.

Those Glasgow majorities are massive, but then again they voted Yes and the likes of Motherwell, Airdrie, Glasgow have seen huge increases in the membership - so who kens.

I think that vote will get squeezed as May comes, but don't see how the SNP can't reastically aim at least double their MP numbers.

Those Glasgow majorities are massive, but then again they voted Yes and the likes of Motherwell, Airdrie, Glasgow have seen huge increases in the membership - so who kens.

Aye your sadly right. This first past the post system is a and a half. I can't believe the amount of people on the West Coast who still blindly vote Labour "just because ....". What the hell's stopping them thinking for themselves ? I doubt if even a quarter of them ever bother to read the Labour Party manifesto or even know who their local Labour candidate is until polling day.

Three constituencies I think the SNP could win if they really picked the right candidates and ran good local campaigns are Ochil and South Perthshire, Dundee West and last but not least, Gordon. It will still be a hard fight for them as the sitting parties have decent majorities there.

Anyway every vote counts. Let's aim for at 750,000 SNP votes or greater

I hear SNP/Nicola Sturgeon roadshows at Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Inverness now sold out!

12,000 seater at the Hydro sold out within a day - that's quite incredible I have to say!

Hmmm, it's going to be far too easy for the press to make the dictator comparisons. Kim Jong Nic