SSC Renewals - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SSC Renewals

slasher

9 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

No, you think it aint broke but plenty people do.

I , like many , have been on both sides of the fence and I can understand the frustration of those trying to get on the ladder . I am now on about 7 points but when ny children were young it was just not possible to get away regularly , particularly as a mother. 

This would give everyone at least some chance of getting a ticket. I dont think you should get a point for a balloted ticket but at least you get the chance of a ticket.   

In your example,  the folk on 4 points would just need to suck it the way folk on zero points currently do. 

People shouldn't just be deciding they want to go when a big game comes along as has been said many times on here. The fact they would be in with a chance of a ticket would make a complete mockery of the system

8 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

People shouldn't just be deciding they want to go when a big game comes along as has been said many times on here. The fact they would be in with a chance of a ticket would make a complete mockery of the system

Sorry, but if you are a member of the Scotland supporters club you are entitled to a ticket for any game as much as the next supporter. If you can only afford to travel away one game a campaign why should you be penalised because  would prefer to spend your hard earned cash watching your country play Spain than Malta? 

And I agree with Alan that many fans are going for a jolly than the football , which makes a mockery of the system. 

2 hours ago, Alan said:

The current system was created when travelling was difficult.  Now its easy to organise, people have more disposable income and it's an "event" where football is a small part of it.

It needs to change.  People are being rewarded out of proportion for going on holiday and not even bothering with home games which should be your core support.

There should be rewards for all fans and not just the people who travel usually in the older age group with cash to spend.

Totally agree.

12 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Sorry, but if you are a member of the Scotland supporters club you are entitled to a ticket for any game as much as the next supporter. If you can only afford to travel away one game a campaign why should you be penalised because  would prefer to spend your hard earned cash watching your country play Spain than Malta? 

And I agree with Alan that many fans are going for a jolly than the football , which makes a mockery of the system. 

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Why should someone who travels not to all but regularly and to the likes of Georgia & Lithuania etc not be given priority over someone who just fancies a trip to Germany or France?

People who go regularly should have first dibs and should not be in any sort of ballot with the fans who only want to go to one a year on a weeks all inclusive holiday to Malta or Spain

Edited by DoonTheSlope

That said, if I miss out on tickets I miss out on tickets. Shit happens.

I used to rarely miss a game, even daft friendlies away from home but birds, bills and actual proper holidays take up money too and you can't do everything.

I pick and choose away games now but have always been an advocate of home tickets getting some sort of loyalty points. Even when on 9/10 points. Surely that wouldn't affect the high pointers anyway.....unless they only do away jollys and never go to Hampden......

Fair fucks to anyone that only ever goes on holiday to watch Scotland and listen to the same sh1te songs in pubs but I find that depressing as fuck!

3 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Why should someone who travels not to all but regularly and to the likes of Georgia & Lithuania etc not be given priority over someone who fancies a trip to Germany or France?

People who go regularly should have first dibs and should not be in any sort of ballot with the fans who only want to go to one a year on a weeks all inclusive holiday to Malta or Spain

I agree 😀

We could go round in circles for hours. Especially me,  as I have a day off work waiting for Virgin to arrive. 

I think a ballot could inject a bit of excitement for people. As it currently stands,  it is pretty easy to work out if you have much chance of a ticket. Heehaw for many.

And I dont think people who want to incorporate the game with their annual holiday is to be criticised, a lot of people have limited finance.

Anyhoo, I agree, we shall agree to disagree 👍 

1 minute ago, TDYER63 said:

I agree 😀

We could go round in circles for hours. Especially me,  as I have a day off work waiting for Virgin to arrive. 

I think a ballot could inject a bit of excitement for people. As it currently stands,  it is pretty easy to work out if you have much chance of a ticket. Heehaw for many.

And I dont think people who want to incorporate the game with their annual holiday is to be criticised, a lot of people have limited finance.

Anyhoo, I agree, we shall agree to disagree 👍 

I didn't have you down as a cradle snatcher

50 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Entitlement nonsense. 

I want a Ferrari but can’t afford one, so I drive a different car.

People can decide how they spend their money. There’s always a cost/benefit to be done.  

23 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Entitlement nonsense. 

I want a Ferrari but can’t afford one, so I drive a different car.

People can decide how they spend their money. There’s always a cost/benefit to be done.  

I am not saying people who travel regularly should not be given some recognition.

I am saying that as a member of the supporters club it would be fair to have a small percentage of the tickets available to those who cannot manage to away games regularly, it doesnt make these people any less of a fan. 

I understand people have different views on this. I personally think a ballot would help those with less disposal income get more chance of a ticket.

Not against rewarding home games in the same way as away matches just not sure if it really makes much difference in who gets tickets in the end.

The idea of everyone in a ballot is absolutely daft. Your reward regulars as is done in the same way by club sides and other national teams. You want tickets for a big away game then go to a few more home friendlies or less appealing away games.

I think i've 7 or 8 points, and that will now dwindle as we have just had a wee one.

However, I don't think the system should change, or if it does it should still be weighted in favour of those with most points getting access to most tickets.

Being very honest, it is not, and has not been difficult to get on to the points ladder.  For me the problem is that when a 'bigger' game comes around where there is more interest is when people become more vocal.

I'm sure the points table has been done to death, but there has been more than ample opportunities to get on the ladder.  What you have is people not willing to travel to the lesser fancied places and kicking up a stink!

If the SFA were to change the system - and from my own discussions it won't - there would be a massive backlash, and rightly so. 

These men, woman and children have travelled and earned their points and rightly should get first dibs as a reward for Loyalty.

8 minutes ago, drew said:

Not against rewarding home games in the same way as away matches just not sure if it really makes much difference in who gets tickets in the end.

The idea of everyone in a ballot is absolutely daft. Your reward regulars as is done in the same way by club sides and other national teams. You want tickets for a big away game then go to a few more home friendlies or less appealing away games.

How do Celtic or rangers do it or England for that matter

8 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I understand people have different views on this. I personally think a ballot would help those with less disposal income get more chance of a ticket.

Maybe the SFA could pilot the concept over the next two years by doing away with the points system and having a ballot for access to the Europa League qualifiers amongst those SPFL clubs who have the least disposable income?

It must be 45-50 years since some of our provincial clubs had a European tie to look forward to.

3 hours ago, kumnio said:

Bollocks.

You go to away games, you get rewarded with access to away tickets. You go to home games, you get rewarded with access to home tickets. 

Lets do it on miles covered then, guys from Shetlands shouldnt get the same points as a Weegie for attending Hampden games. 

The sense of entitlement by some is comical. 

Spot on

16 minutes ago, drew said:

For the avoidance of doubt I am not suggesting everyone is in a ballot for all the tickets. 

When teams play games where there are limited tickets, previous attendance is taken into account. It happens for club cup finals for example. 

The Scotland Travel Club, think that’s what it’s called, acts in the same manner. I’m not able to make Israel this year, so will drop down a point, if I then lose access to tickets, it’s my own fault. 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

We could go round in circles for hours. Especially me,  as I have a day off work waiting for a Virgin to arrive. 

If it’s a lassie in Paisley you’re waiting for then you’ll have to take a lot more than a day off waiting. :)

6 minutes ago, Ormond said:

If it’s a lassie in Paisley you’re waiting for then you’ll have to take a lot more than a day off waiting. :)

😂

That reminds me , I got propositiond in the Bull Inn a few months ago after a St Mirren game😀

Anyway this thread is turning similar to TITP thread where I got annihalated for my views .

Virgin has now arrived so I am away to work out how to record Coronation St and leave all you men to fighting amongst yourselves 😊

4 hours ago, Alan said:

The current system was created when travelling was difficult.  Now its easy to organise, people have more disposable income and it's an "event" where football is a small part of it.

It needs to change.  People are being rewarded out of proportion for going on holiday and not even bothering with home games which should be your core support.

There should be rewards for all fans and not just the people who travel usually in the older age group with cash to spend.

Load of shite

4 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Exactly. :ok: The folk who buy tickets for every HOME game should have the first chance of getting the away tickets. The daft erse for elbow system the SFA uses was fine for the times when it was introduced. But things have changed and the SFA should move with the times and start rewarding the folk who put money in the SFA coffers.  

Load of shite

2 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

Everyone at some point started on zero. Its not hard to build up points but you have to go to 3 or 4 games a year, every year, not just when a big game comes along.

Correct

43 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

How do Celtic or rangers do it or England for that matter

I believe they all have a loyalty system in place.

England home and away games are awarded the same points (they call it caps) which are used when demand outstrips supply of tickets. Used to just be away games that were awarded but it hasn't made much of a difference in who got tickets as nearly everyone who goes to an away game will go to the home matches.

Aberdeen do similar thing although some matches get slightly more points than others. They have on the odd occasion misjudged demand and set the points to low resulting in some people missing out who would normally have got or to high resulting in a very slow sale process.