SSC Renewals - Page 11 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SSC Renewals

slasher

55 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

For the avoidance of doubt I am not suggesting everyone is in a ballot for all the tickets. 

So lets say 10% of tickets go into a random ballot. As a result someone like me who is on 3 points might miss the 90% cut off and falls into this. I then lose in the ballot to some people who hardly go to any home or away games. That is hardly fair.

The only reasonable argument I see is dish out points for home and away games but the number of people who don't currently get away tickets that will under the new system will be tiny.

46 minutes ago, drew said:

So lets say 10% of tickets go into a random ballot. As a result someone like me who is on 3 points might miss the 90% cut off and falls into this. I then lose in the ballot to some people who hardly go to any home or away games. That is hardly fair.

The only reasonable argument I see is dish out points for home and away games but the number of people who don't currently get away tickets that will under the new system will be tiny.

Its only not fair because of the current system and  if you think the current system is correct. However  If an away points combined with ballot system had always been in place people might think different .  Its not fair when  there are only 300 tix left and it goes to a free for all and there are 800 3 pointers all wanting a ticket. Some folk may not be able to access the internet at midday on a Wednesday and by the time they get on the tix have gone. 

And I dont think matches in places like Peru and Mexico help in the ‘fairness’  stakes due to the cost , much as they are a nice change to the usual countries. 

But look, I know I am massively numbered here so I promise this will be my final word . Its a subject that will never please everyone and I’m glad it isnt my decision .

And I bet all of you are too 🙂

15 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

And I dont think matches in places like Peru and Mexico help in the ‘fairness’  stakes due to the cost , much as they are a nice change to the usual countries.

I'm glad you've had your final say, cos I'm only going to say this once.

Real supporters will find a way.

3 minutes ago, Flure said:

I'm glad you've had your final say, cos I'm only going to say this once.

Real supporters will find a way.

😂 aye.and real friends should support one another ! 

Are you in, I have the raffle prize I can drop off on my way back from Morrisons.,

( talk amongst yourselves for a few minutes till we get out personal life arranged)  

Just now, TDYER63 said:

😂 aye.and real friends should support one another ! 

Are you in, I have the raffle prize I can drop off on my way back from Morrisons.,

( talk amongst yourselves for a few minutes till we get out personal life arranged)  

I'm ur

51 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Its only not fair because of the current system and  if you think the current system is correct. However  If an away points combined with ballot system had always been in place people might think different .  Its not fair when  there are only 300 tix left and it goes to a free for all and there are 800 3 pointers all wanting a ticket. Some folk may not be able to access the internet at midday on a Wednesday and by the time they get on the tix have gone. 

But look, I know I am massively numbered here so I promise this will be my final word . Its a subject that will never please everyone and I’m glad it isnt my decision .

And I bet all of you are too 🙂

But that only happens after all points from 10-0 have been given an opportunity.  If there were 800 left, 3 pointers, get first dibs, then 2 pointers.
It doesn't just go to a free for all.

34 minutes ago, Debian said:

But that only happens after all points from 10-0 have been given an opportunity.  If there were 800 left, 3 pointers, get first dibs, then 2 pointers.
It doesn't just go to a free for all.

No , what I mean is if there were only 300 tickets left ( as 10-4 pointers had taken the rest) and 800 people on 3 points wanting a ticket ,  then it goes to a free for all for the 3 pointers. So 500 are disappointed. What is fair in that, they are all on 3 points? Or does it not work that way? 

Btw, this doesn't count as me back tracking on my vow pf silence , I am merely clarifying my post for Debian 😬

3 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

800 people on 3 points wanting a ticket ,  then it goes to a free for all for the 3 pointers. So 500 are disappointed. What is fair in that, they are all on 3 points? Or does it not work that way? 

I'm still struggling to see your point and a solution to this. There is always going to be disappointment. 

Are you saying that if it becomes a lottery for the leftovers, then the winners don't get given points because it gives them an advantage over others in the lottery who lost out? So they get a ticket, but don't get any long term benefit over others in their points banding due to pot luck? 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Aye, but the creme de la creme(like myself) can enjoy our trips without the riff-raff shite. :wave:

6 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

I'm still struggling to see your point and a solution to this. There is always going to be disappointment. 

Are you saying that if it becomes a lottery for the leftovers, then the winners don't get given points because it gives them an advantage over others in the lottery who lost out? So they get a ticket, but don't get any long term benefit over others in their points banding due to pot luck? 

Yes, there is always going to be disappointment , the only reason I mentioned the 3 pointer example is because  Drew said that people like him who are on 3 points may lose out on a ticket if 10% went to a ballot. I was trying to say that people on 3 points could still lose out under rhe current system  if we had a situatuon where , at the 3 point level, the demand from 3 pointers exceeded the number of tickets left. That is unfair too. At all levels someone is going to be disappointed, the only way everyone is happy is if the ticket allocation exceeds the demand. 

My suggestion about the ballot was simply to try and give people who were desperate to get a ticket,  but cant get away to matches regularly to build up points,  a chance to get to a match.  Like a wild card. I thought if a small percentage were allocated it would help.  

I definitely dont  think they should get a point for  that though  . Ballot tickets should not be allocated away points. 

However I have now managed to monopolise an entire day on here and have the  board after my blood 😳🙂

44 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

No , what I mean is if there were only 300 tickets left ( as 10-4 pointers had taken the rest) and 800 people on 3 points wanting a ticket ,  then it goes to a free for all for the 3 pointers. So 500 are disappointed. What is fair in that, they are all on 3 points? Or does it not work that way? 

Btw, this doesn't count as me back tracking on my vow pf silence , I am merely clarifying my post for Debian 😬

The 3 pointers would have a free for all for the 300 tickets.  Then any left goes to 2 pointers, then 1 pointers, then any left would go to zero pointers.  👍

2 minutes ago, Debian said:

The 3 pointers would have a free for all for the 300 tickets.  Then any left goes to 2 pointers, then 1 pointers, then any left would go to zero pointers.  👍

It wouldnae go to 2 pointers cos they are 800 people with 3 points wanting a ticket  .  500 would be disappointed.  ffs I need a drink. 😂

It wouldnae go to 2 pointers cos they are 800 people with 3 points wanting a ticket  .  500 would be disappointed.  ffs I need a drink. 😂

That's only if all 3 pointers take them. History shows most games go down to 1 or 2 pointers.  

Your hypothetical situation I can only remember once with 3 pointers- 460 Levein game in Prague.  

4 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

My suggestion about the ballot was simply to try and give people who were desperate to get a ticket,  but cant get away to matches regularly to build up points,  a chance to get to a match.  Like a wild card. I thought if a small percentage were allocated it would help.  

I definitely dont  think they should get a point for  that though  . Ballot tickets should not be allocated away points. 

I believe in the current points system - I am proud of the points I am on, and would be disappointed, if not furious,  if a new system was put in place that jeopardised it. I've put my shift in. 

However, the lottery system is something that doesn't sit well with me, especially with gaining a point from it as well. Don't get me wrong, I have benefited from a variety of SSC  rules, calamities and non-pick-up gambles in the past, bur the vast majority I have gained through cash, hours abroad and self sacrifice.

But I really don't think you should get points from a lottery. By all means, get the ticket, go to the game, but you go back into the the same points tier as you were before. It shouldn't give you an advantage over others in the future because you got pulled out a hat. 

1 minute ago, Debian said:

That's only if all 3 pointers take them. History shows most games go down to 1 or 2 pointers.  

Your hypothetical situation I can only remember once with 3 pointers- 460 Levein game in Prague.  

Hahaha are you winding me up, I have a morrisons shop to do and Flure on my case.

I was using 800 as a random number , this was the number of people definetely wanting to go, not the entire number of people on 3 points. 

Lets say then that there are only 50 tickets left when it gets to 3 pointers and 200 people on 3 points who DEFINETELY want a ticket. 150 are disappointed. 

Hahaha are you winding me up, I have a morrisons shop to do and Flure on my case.

I was using 800 as a random number , this was the number of people definetely wanting to go, not the entire number of people on 3 points. 

Lets say then that there are only 50 tickets left when it gets to 3 pointers and 200 people on 3 points who DEFINETELY want a ticket. 150 are disappointed. 

May I suggest you should put him in your shopping trolley rather than balancing him precariously on your case ?

4 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

I believe in the current points system - I am proud of the points I am on, and would be disappointed, if not furious,  if a new system was put in place that jeopardised it. I've put my shift in. 

However, the lottery system is something that doesn't sit well with me, especially with gaining a point from it as well. Don't get me wrong, I have benefited from a variety of SSC  rules, calamities and non-pick-up gambles in the past, bur the vast majority I have gained through cash, hours abroad and self sacrifice.

But I really don't think you should get points from a lottery. By all means, get the ticket, go to the game, but you go back into the the same points tier as you were before. It shouldn't give you an advantage over others in the future because you got pulled out a hat. 

That is all very fair and I completely agree about not getting points for ‘lottery’ tickets.  I have worked a pretty similar way up myself but have sympathy for those striving to get on the ladder. I suppose if there was a solution that suited everyone we would  have it, 👍

It happens. There's been games where 50 tickets went to thousands on 6 points. 

They're isappointed because they've not made a good enough effort from the previous 10. 

They could've went to England Italy France Malta for example and got 4 points ... most games go to 0-1 pointers. 

Go do you shop 👍

16 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Says the guy living a hop skip and jump from Peru and Mexico.

At least , compared to Scotland 😬

Two 6 hour flights still for me to Lima. Look at the length on a map? I’m quicker flying to Yoorup! :)