SSC Renewals - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SSC Renewals

slasher

1 minute ago, ceudmilefailte said:

So you think it is ok to call yourself a Scotland supporter and not go top the games if you live in Carlisle but go to away games.

Out of curiosity what do you mean by out of my depth?

Whether you live in Ayr, Brussels, Carlisle, Dundee, Edinburgh, Falkirk, Glasgow, Helensburgh, Inchinnan, Jeddah, Kilmarnock, London, Manchester, Nantucket, Orlando, Podgorica, Renfrew, Stranraer, Tirana, Ullapool, Vancouver, Wishaw,, Xanadu, Ypres, or Zurich - it's up to you and your personal circumstances whether or not you are able to go to go to games. 

Here are a few variables that could come into play - this is not an exclusive list:

Could be you choose home over away or vice versa

Could be you choose competitive games over friendlies or vice versa

Could be because you know someone who stays in the city where the game is being played

Could be because you live in the city that the game is being played

Could be because you got a pay rise last month, and this time you can afford it..................

Could be because you are a teacher and the fixture falls in schools week

You get the picture?

It isn't as simplistic as 'You're a Scotland fan and so you must turn up at every game home and away'.

3 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Dont talk shite. Four of the last 10 games have been open to Zero pointers and a further two have been open to one pointers and I suspect two or three off the upcoming matches will be open to Zero pointers

i suspect your gripe is you are only interested in the big games where tickets where hard to come by ie Germany, Ireland and France  

It's got nothing to do with the size of the game.

Would I be right in saying zero pointers  could have got tickets for England and Gibraltar games?

My gripe is more about I cant organise a trip to say Finland after the draw for the euro's is made because I probably have no chance of a ticket.

It's got nothing to do with the size of the game.

Would I be right in saying zero pointers  could have got tickets for England and Gibraltar games?

My gripe is more about I cant organise a trip to say Finland after the draw for the euro's is made because I probably have no chance of a ticket.

You're a crank! I've bit

You could easily book your trip to Finland. You'd only go if your guaranteed an away ticket? Many people book trips without hope of a ticket but either get one over there, get a home end ticket or closer to the time see that tickets are on sale to their particular points bracket and that's them on the ladder 

The regular attendees get first refusal on tickets, simple as that. The way it should be.

8 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Whether you live in Ayr, Brussels, Carlisle, Dundee, Edinburgh, Falkirk, Glasgow, Helensburgh, Inchinnan, Jeddah, Kilmarnock, London, Manchester, Nantucket, Orlando, Podgorica, Renfrew, Stranraer, Tirana, Ullapool, Vancouver, Wishaw,, Xanadu, Ypres, or Zurich - it's up to you and your personal circumstances whether or not you are able to go to go to games. 

Here are a few variables that could come into play - this is not an exclusive list:

Could be you choose home over away or vice versa

Could be you choose competitive games over friendlies or vice versa

Could be because you know someone who stays in the city where the game is being played

Could be because you live in the city that the game is being played

Could be because you got a pay rise last month, and this time you can afford it..................

Could be because you are a teacher and the fixture falls in schools week

You get the picture?

It isn't as simplistic as 'You're a Scotland fan and so you must turn up at every game home and away'.

That's all fair enough but my only point about away tickets is that supporters who go to away games should have no advantage over those that go to home games other than the fact they probably go to more games overall anyway.

Anyway it's impossible to guarantee a ticket unless you have all ready established your self high up the ladder which is impossible for most of us.

That's all fair enough but my only point about away tickets is that supporters who go to away games should have no advantage over those that go to home games other than the fact they probably go to more games overall anyway.

Anyway it's impossible to guarantee a ticket unless you have all ready established your self high up the ladder which is impossible for most of us.

It's called the away points table for a reason...

37 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

So you think it is ok to call yourself a Scotland supporter and not go top the games if you live in Carlisle but go to away games.

Out of curiosity what do you mean by out of my depth?

I've been going to see Scotland home & away for 30+ years.

Certainly the last 2 campaigns week of football has made me choose home or away. If I was able to take half days I may have gone to more home games, but I can't.

Introducing 2 pts for away games & 1 for home won't change a thing.

I think some folk will only be happy if everyone's points are scrapped & everyone back to zero.

1 minute ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I've always felt a good wee incentive should be given for attending the friendlies - especially those against lesser countries with attendances around 10,000. Half a point perhaps?

Why should that be?

Can you expand on that?

4 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I've always felt a good wee incentive should be given for attending the friendlies - especially those against lesser countries with attendances around 10,000. Half a point perhaps?

I've always felt that a good incentive is 2 points for away games in far flung places such as Georgia and the likes

6 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

I've been going to see Scotland home & away for 30+ years.

Certainly the last 2 campaigns week of football has made me choose home or away. If I was able to take half days I may have gone to more home games, but I can't.

Introducing 2 pts for away games & 1 for home won't change a thing.

I think some folk will only be happy if everyone's points are scrapped & everyone back to zero.

Agree. The sooner we get back to queuing out side RS McColls the better ( bet you did that in your 30 years)

21 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

You're a crank! I've bit

You could easily book your trip to Finland. You'd only go if your guaranteed an away ticket? Many people book trips without hope of a ticket but either get one over there, get a home end ticket or closer to the time see that tickets are on sale to their particular points bracket and that's them on the ladder 

The regular attendees get first refusal on tickets, simple as that. The way it should be.

Sounds like fun in Albania and Israel.

Any way that's my monthly moan about not being rich over I'll just book up for the next home game which by the looks of it is more expensive than a trip to Albania or Israel for some;)

Sounds like fun in Albania and Israel.

Any way that's my monthly moan about not being rich over I'll just book up for the next home game which by the looks of it is more expensive than a trip to Albania or Israel for some;)

I've got the Key to the Highway.........................:D

I've been jealous for a while of ex-pats.   So easy to pick up away pints when you live in mainland Europe.   Getting in and out of here is the fekkin' key to away games.   Check KLM pricing ffs!   (Some) points for home supporters too is the cry! B)

3 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

I've been jealous for a while of ex-pats.   So easy to pick up away pints when you live in mainland Europe.   Getting in and out of here is the fekkin' key to away games.   Check KLM pricing ffs!   (Some) points for home supporters too is the cry! B)

It's so easy to generalise - but the reality is it depends where your starting point is.

I'm in the depths of the Balkans - takes me 3 flights and 22 hours to get back to Glasgow.

And when I spend money to come home, it's to see my 89 year old mum and not any football game.

Everyone of us on here has a story and every one of them is equally valid.

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

I happen to live in Quito.

Am I excluded ?

:D

39 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

It's so easy to generalise - but the reality is it depends where your starting point is.

I'm in the depths of the Balkans - takes me 3 flights and 22 hours to get back to Glasgow.

And when I spend money to come home, it's to see my 89 year old mum and not any football game.

Everyone of us on here has a story and every one of them is equally valid.

I was thinking of you Barney as I wrote that.   Jealous as I say ;)

As for they fekkers living next to Luton Airport... :P

2 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

It's not as easy as you think.

The UK definitely has a better selection of budget airlines.  I usually end up doing the majority of a trip overland which just takes more time.

So it seems it should be points accrued for where u live and how far you have had to travel. How about 1 pt for every 50 miles you travel to any given game...

So loads of points for making it to Lima for nearly everyone unless u are resident there in which case 1 point! But if there really is any member of the Peruvian Tartan Army branch, then loads of points to them should they ever make it tp Hampden....

On and 2 pts for our Carlisle friend for a Hampden game (and 5 for me cos i live in Nth Wales and drive past Carlisle every time i go).