Snp Deputy Leadership Contest - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Snp Deputy Leadership Contest

If the title has just developed and isn't a real position then I guess anyone off the street could technically be appointed DFM.

But the way it has become is that they fill in for the FM when they are absent and are second in command so to say in the Scottish parliament. So the position is only ever going to awarded to an MSP in the Scottish Government. It is a position that will be around permanently now.

So Hosie could be deputy leader of the SNP but wouldn't be DFM that position would possibly then go to Keith Brown if Hoise is elected deputy leader!

Also to confuse things more, Hosie, even though he might be deputy leader of the SNP, wouldn't be leader of the SNP group in Westminster. That position is held by Angus Robertson and would remain that way even if Hoise is deputy leader!

That would be entirely up to Sturgeon, and that, is a helluva big assumption.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whisper is Alex Salmond stands in the Libdem Malcolm Bruce MP seat. Ladbrokes are already showing this as 8/11 SNP.

I don't see Mr Salmond taking a seat in Westminster without him being heid-banana of the SNP group which is looking good for 20+. Mr Robertson is not particularly popular within the party.

That would be entirely up to Sturgeon, and that, is a helluva big assumption.

True but realistically the DFM position would most likely go to someone who wanted to be in a leadership role. I'd be almost certain it will go to Brown.

Also Hosie said he didn't want to take the position from Robertson. What could change it is if salmond stands for Westminster which I think he will

Whisper is Alex Salmond stands in the Libdem Malcolm Bruce MP seat. Ladbrokes are already showing this as 8/11 SNP.

I don't see Mr Salmond taking a seat in Westminster without him being heid-banana of the SNP group which is looking good for 20+. Mr Robertson is not particularly popular within the party.

Are you referring to the Gordon seat? 13.8% swing required if that's the case. That's doable.

Are you referring to the Gordon seat? 13.8% swing required if that's the case. That's doable.

And Malcolm Bruce would have got votes just because he was Malcolm Bruce. I do however wonder if there will be an post referendum reaction against the SNP in a No voting area.

Try "Danny Alexander".

I still haven't had an email but I got one through for my son yesterday an my girlfriend got one as well. Maybe they aren't sending two emails to the same email but can't see why they wouldn't as we normally get an email each.

Tempted to call and ask but feel a slight fraud if I do as since I haven't had an email I voted on behalf of my son so I would technically be getting two votes on this.

Any idea why that is ?

Ive always thought Angus Robertson excellent anytime ive seen/heard him

I still haven't had an email but I got one through for my son yesterday an my girlfriend got one as well. Maybe they aren't sending two emails to the same email but can't see why they wouldn't as we normally get an email each.

Tempted to call and ask but feel a slight fraud if I do as since I haven't had an email I voted on behalf of my son so I would technically be getting two votes on this.

How old is your son? I think there is some sort of minimum age in which you can vote. I think ages 16+ can vote - if your below 16(?) you're an associate member (or something along those lines).

just been to a Hustings Hosie for me... Angela is v good, but , not for me, Brown is very capable, but again not for me.

Salmond will stand in Bruce's seat and he wont be heid banana, he is going down there to cause mischief and be a media Whore..... that was the chat from the 3 candidates....

For me, the deputy leader gas to be based at Holyrood = Brown. If Hosie gave up being an MP and came up the road, I'd vote for him.

Can't see the point of Hosie and Robertson both having powerful positions at Westminster, coupled with the re-introduction of the main man.

Holyrood is where it should be at!

How old is your son? I think there is some sort of minimum age in which you can vote. I think ages 16+ can vote - if your below 16(?) you're an associate member (or something along those lines).

He's 5 months old lol. Perhaps the youngest SNP member.

Not sure what the voting regulations are but he recieved an email addressed to him with the code to vote. After serious consideration he decided Stuart Hosie would be the best candidate.

Make your own mind up:

http://www.referendumtv.net/reftv-in-conversation-with-angela-constance-msp/

http://www.referendumtv.net/reftv-in-conversation-with-keith-brown-msp/

http://www.referendumtv.net/reftv-in-conversation-with-stewart-hosie-mp/

After 3 hours of political interviews, I went with alphabetical order.

I like Keith. He's capable, reliable, does the job he's given and seems like a person rather than a politician. .

Make your own mind up:

http://www.referendumtv.net/reftv-in-conversation-with-angela-constance-msp/

http://www.referendumtv.net/reftv-in-conversation-with-keith-brown-msp/

http://www.referendumtv.net/reftv-in-conversation-with-stewart-hosie-mp/

After 3 hours of political interviews, I went with alphabetical order.

I like Keith. He's capable, reliable, does the job he's given and seems like a person rather than a politician. .

So, you voted for Angela then?