Question Time Tonight - Page 141 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Question Time Tonight

I am the guy who defended a man in his darkest hour who was subsequently found not guilty at every judgement.

You are the guy who smeared a man in his darkest hour (but over years) who was subsequently found not guilty at every judgement.

You are one colossal piece.

3 hours ago, aaid said:

Wings over Scotland as a source, FFS.   Mind you I suppose he - Murdoch - is a bit wokey-cokey so that would get him on the list. 

In fact, the argument he’s putting forwards is that because B&S are successful, the Murdochs are presumably relatively well off and so shouldn’t be complaining about childcare costs is one which you routinely hear the Tories - and also Johann Lamont was big on this - using when they rail about universal free services.  So that’s also interesting.

Oh, I'm not sure about that. Murdoch once achieved the very easy feat of falling foul of the painfully woke and not-much-missed hate-blog A Thousand Flowers:

https://athousandflowers.net/?s=Belle+and+Sebastian&submit=Search

23 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I am the guy who defended a man in his darkest hour who was subsequently found not guilty at every judgement.

You are the guy who smeared a man in his darkest hour (but over years) who was subsequently found not guilty at every judgement.

You are one colossal piece.

You’re obviously missing the point when I said - and have repeated consistently since - that on the basis of the evidence led at trial, the verdict was correct.

You on the other hand don’t seem to recognise the difference between behaviour that is criminal - or meets the level of criminal proof required - and behaviour which is unacceptable.

Still keep on with the abuse, it’s all you’ve got. 

Edit:  Ive just spotted that you’re even lying in the post above 😂😂😂

Edited by aaid

4 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Pretty much nailed it Exile and saves me an hour of my life I will never get back. 

Well the 'detest' questioner was more the quiet bitter type than the smug exhibitionist type. Sarwar was more playing the softly softly 'more in sorrow than anger' card and actually fessed up to having hated the Tories!  Ross seemed a bit out of sorts and which side (of the Tory part) he was on and didn't seem to have the heart to go for the jugular. 

There seemed a fair few 'undecideds' who came across as grumpy unionists. 

I never understand the bitter types who keep saying 'those SNP don't speak for Scotland' - you don't hear many people going around saying 'the Tories don't speak for me' - they just know it, but accept the Tories won the general election. 

That audience was loaded with unionists, including a lot who were apparently posing as undecideds initially.  Swinney as usual was hopeless - not a patch on the likes of Whitford.  He is desperately dull and lacks any aggression.  He had a hard job with that ludicrous panel imbalance but FFS he really doesn't put the case across well. which is probably why QT asked him to appear.

Not seen it, not watching it - let me guess? Lots of English accents, or low IQ Rangers fans. Who's still watching QT that is undecided these days?! 

Swinney is awful on these things. Only time I've ever seen him being good was the QT the week after the referendum (he must have been emotional/hurt as he was quite good). He's too soft and dull for trying to win over geniune fence sitters open to independence.

I thought Swinney was fine, a reasonable man who came across reasonably. 

Dougie Ross was every bit the snivelling shitehawk we know and loathe. How can you watch him in action and think "yep he's getting my vote".

Stuart Murdoch was even poorer than Brian Cox. Looked cool though.

7 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

I thought Swinney was fine, a reasonable man who came across reasonably. 

Dougie Ross was every bit the snivelling shitehawk we know and loathe. How can you watch him in action and think "yep he's getting my vote".

Stuart Murdoch was even poorer than Brian Cox. Looked cool though.

I thought Stuart Murdoch did okay tbf but he was hardly ever brought into the debate.  I don’t understand why they bring these celebrities on as they rarely either get the chance to say anything interesting or aren’t given the chance.  I’m not getting the hatred for Swinney on here either, I’m with you on him.

The best intervention of the night was from the woman who had a go at Ross and Sarwar for being condescending.

20 hours ago, King Of Paisley said:

Although its Musselburgh, which I think is in SNP held territory, there will be more plants in the audience than the Beechgrove Garden. No doubt will be bussed in from the likes of Morningside

If the BBC wanted fair representation in their audience, which they obviously don't, then Yes supporters wouldn't be hard to find in Musselburgh.  There was some crowd of Yes voters at the Stoneybank polling station before it even opened on the morning of the ref.  Absolutely teeming with them.  A good pal of mine was so desperate to be first he'd been there since the early hours.

Fck the BBC.  Stopped watching their p*sh and chucked their license fee the week after the referendum.

1 minute ago, exile said:

FFS - five Tories if you include Fiona Bruce, CBI guy, a Tory journalist/peer? and an actual Tory MP.... and Rachel Johnson 🤢🤮

Rachel Johnson is a late addition to the line up.  BBC going full BBB

1 hour ago, exile said:

FFS - five Tories if you include Fiona Bruce, CBI guy, a Tory journalist/peer? and an actual Tory MP.... and Rachel Johnson 🤢🤮

In a way it's good because they'll all be either squirming and/or telling more blatant lies/talking bollox that more of the public is eventually starting to see through.