Question Time Tonight - Page 140 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Question Time Tonight

17 hours ago, Malcolm said:

capitalism has created an affluent middle class never seen before in the Uk.  Home ownership, share ownership, two car families with people even going abroad on holiday once or twice a year.

where was that in 1979… renting a council house and holidaying in Blackpool.  Lucky if you have one car in the family and renting a colour tele.

If right to buy hadn't happened there would now be plenty of people living in council houses with bought tellys, multiple cars and foreign holidays. All this without the fear of massive mortgage debts too.

4 hours ago, Toepoke said:

If right to buy hadn't happened there would now be plenty of people living in council houses with bought tellys, multiple cars and foreign holidays. All this without the fear of massive mortgage debts too.

Right to buy is one of the best things to happen in last 50 years.  My grandparents bought their house and left a legacy to my mum, giving her a more comfortable old age.

4 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

The good old textbook explanation that uber capitalists like to churn out to make themselves seem a bit better about themselves . Problem is , in real life, things rarely work the way the text book says they will, particularly when wealthy  greedy bastards still try to avoid what little tax they are asked to pay and the wee guy has to suffer instead. 

I had hoped you were a genuine poster who  really was undecided about independence but I am convinced you are here mainly on the wind up. The tunnocks teacake post on the biscuit thread convinced me 🙄

And if the average household bill rises to £10k a year I will not only run round the buff in my village I will pay for the heating on your big hoose.
Pure hysteria. Unless of course you are assuming everyone lives in a £500 k+  house. 

ok, maybe a bit of exaggeration, but lots of folk will see 10k bills.  And who knows what will happen in the future… I wouldn’t be making hasty promises!

And I am genuinely interested in independence… I’m anti royalist, but also fairly right wing.  So there is no party that reflects my views.  Generally right wing parties love the queen.