The Weemin - Page 18 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Weemin

Toepoke

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63111956

Any guesses for Player of the Match on the beeb from one of the best results in swnt history?

Harrison scoring then holding it up for half an hour after coming off the bench? Weir double marked but still moving us up the pitch? Cuthbert running her arse off? The two centre halves barely giving them a sniff in horrendous conditions?

Nope - Austria's left winger who didn't deserve to be on the losing side apparently. Cheeky reminder England won the euros.  Fuckers can't help themselves.

Wales got 15k for their game- surely we should be aiming for at least the same given it is a final vs a local rival.

Granted they shot themselves in the foot not qualifying for the euros and last night was miserable but surely we should be starting to see a few more bums on seats.

The number of kids taking it up in Dundee and surrounding is amazing so hopefully another World Cup could ramp it up another notch.

7 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Wales got 15k for their game- surely we should be aiming for at least the same given it is a final vs a local rival.

Granted they shot themselves in the foot not qualifying for the euros and last night was miserable but surely we should be starting to see a few more bums on seats.

The number of kids taking it up in Dundee and surrounding is amazing so hopefully another World Cup could ramp it up another notch.

Hope there will be a few thousand more on Tuesday, although Celtic being at home in the Champions League at the same time won't help.

7 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63111956

Any guesses for Player of the Match on the beeb from one of the best results in swnt history?

Harrison scoring then holding it up for half an hour after coming off the bench? Weir double marked but still moving us up the pitch? Cuthbert running her arse off? The two centre halves barely giving them a sniff in horrendous conditions?

Nope - Austria's left winger who didn't deserve to be on the losing side apparently. Cheeky reminder England won the euros.  Fuckers can't help themselves.

In Fairness I find it rather annoying that MoM always seems to go to a player on the winning side.

That's why I like stats sites, the entire team gets upgraded if winning but that's not to say that someone on the losing side has played much better and can overcome the upgrade.

Edited by ceudmilefailte

Got our tickets for tonight now. Hopefully another good turnout but it might be hampered by Celtic being at home. Also Dundee Utd v Hibs clashing might have cost a few fans from going.

At least the weather should be better than Thursday....

Edited by Toepoke

Good luck to the lassies tonight.

Important night for the womens game in this country.

Hope they get the win and the other results go their way and they can avoid the dreaded "inter - continental" play off.

The visibility of appearing at a major tournament and the revenue that goes with it cannot be under estimated.

2 hours ago, Templeton_Peck said:

What are the results that have to go there way should they get a win tonight?

Basically need either Wales or Portugal to win.

If only Portugal win then Scotland need to match or better their score. 

The advantage there is that Portugal v Iceland kicks off at 6pm.

For Ireland on the other hand, any win means they qualify. Should be a cracker!

Edited by Toepoke

2 hours ago, Templeton_Peck said:

What are the results that have to go there way should they get a win tonight??

Need Wales to win and/or a Portugal win by same or smaller margin.
If we win on penalties we need a Wales win and/or Portugal to win on penalties.

Such a bizarre system

Edited by csinclair

Wonder if the mad intercontinental playoff could be beneficial for those getting through it as pretty much a dress rehearsal for the real thing.

The bit I can't get my head around is the teams that end up with a friendly v NZ or Aus first - how do they approach those games? They could go toe to toe then be knackered against whoever put out a relative Diddy in comparison or take a defeat but risk morale 

9 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Good luck to them but hard to compete with games on TV (and 50k a Parkhead).

Might sound bad but i'd rather watch the Dundee Utd Vs Hibs game than Scotland vs Ireland women. 

Not being sexist, just don't find the gams exciting at all. A few girls i go to games with are exactly the same. 

I'll watch scotlands women in a game like this, I watched them at the world cup but I wouldn't tune in to watch any club games or any other women's international

Just now, Marky said:

Hod the bus!!

So the Portugal game finishes 1-1 and goes to ET. They then win 4-1 AET.

But if Scotland actually win this game 1-0 in 90 mins that’s not good enough?

WTF!! How is that fair??

Was thinking that myself mate, doesn’t quite add up, they’ll have played half an hour longer against 10 players as well.

1 minute ago, Marky said:

Hod the bus!!

So the Portugal game finishes 1-1 and goes to ET. They then win 4-1 AET.

But if Scotland actually win this game 1-0 in 90 mins that’s not good enough?

WTF!! How is that fair??

So if Scotland are winning 1-0 going into injury time, do they deliberately let the Irish score in order to keep their hopes alive.