The Weemin - Page 13 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Weemin

Toepoke

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Just heard from a very reliable source that the SFA intend using women's internationals as part of the loyalty scheme with regards to points totals for away game tickets.

Due to come into force after world cup campaign ends.

You are on the windup aren't you?Resorting to bribary now are they.You need to buy tickets for the womens games so you can get enough points to get tickets for the mens away games.So basically they would be creating a false interest in the womens game that would be driven by people wanting to follow the mens team.That better not be true.Even for the sfa that would be a new low. If it was true......when do we start the protests.Then again,you are kidding!!

10 minutes ago, thesaint said:

You are on the windup aren't you?Resorting to bribary now are they.You need to buy tickets for the womens games so you can get enough points to get tickets for the mens away games.So basically they would be creating a false interest in the womens game that would be driven by people wanting to follow the mens team.That better not be true.Even for the sfa that would be a new low. If it was true......when do we start the protests.Then again,you are kidding!!

Did i say bribery.....more like BLACKMAIL

2 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Just heard from a very reliable source that the SFA intend using women's internationals as part of the loyalty scheme with regards to points totals for away game tickets.

Due to come into force after world cup campaign ends.

I heard from the same source.....YOU.

I've just watched corsie speaking about this. she just dug a deeper hole for herself but I'm sure she and some of other players will get to feel like victims

She's trying to make out people can't go to the game because the ground isn't fully open. No, it's because not enough people are interested in watch the womens national team yet.

Edited by vanderark14

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I've just watched corsie speaking about this. she just dug a deeper hole for herself but I'm sure she and some of other players will get to feel like victims

She's trying to make out people can't go to the game because the ground isn't fully open. No, it's because not enough people are interested in watch the womens national team yet.

Victim culture. It's the new thing. Shame. Poor souls. 

25 minutes ago, todd said:

See that Fleeting bleating about not having their names on their shirts a while back, well neither did the men until 2010-ish so boohoo!

Any good will or interest in these fuds is rapidly draining away. The sense of entitlement among these characters is astonishing. 

12 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Any good will or interest in these fuds is rapidly draining away. The sense of entitlement among these characters is astonishing. 

I had little, to no interest in their football before. This has now been set to just no interest!

7 minutes ago, todd said:

I had little, to no interest in their football before. This has now been set to just no interest!

Really stupid childish behaviour. Any goodwill quickly draining away. These idiots should realise how lucky they are to be making a living playing at that standard. Had to laugh when the first item on the bbc radio sports news was that some english womens footballer was only 3 goals away from becoming englands greatest goalscorer. Don't seem to remember rooney playing in many games when england scored 10,12,15 or even 20 goals. It really is time to put the womens game into perspective. Not got a problem with women playing, but don't try to elevate it to anywhere near the mens game in quality or importance. 

6 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Really stupid childish behaviour. Any goodwill quickly draining away. These idiots should realise how lucky they are to be making a living playing at that standard. Had to laugh when the first item on the bbc radio sports news was that some english womens footballer was only 3 goals away from becoming englands greatest goalscorer. Don't seem to remember rooney playing in many games when england scored 10,12,15 or even 20 goals. It really is time to put the womens game into perspective. Not got a problem with women playing, but don't try to elevate it to anywhere near the mens game in quality or importance. 

Forgot to say they were actually saying she was within 3 goals of overtaking Rooney as englands greatest goalscorer. Embarrassing that anybody would make any comparison between the two. Thats woke for you. 

17 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Forgot to say they were actually saying she was within 3 goals of overtaking Rooney as englands greatest goalscorer. Embarrassing that anybody would make any comparison between the two. Thats woke for you. 

Isn't it just!  My fear is the SFA kowtow to them and all their needs and end up scrapping things such as the performance schools in order to fund these muppets 

1 hour ago, todd said:

Isn't it just!  My fear is the SFA kowtow to them and all their needs and end up scrapping things such as the performance schools in order to fund these muppets 

That's just exactly the kind of shit the sfa would do. Instead of looking after the people who actually help keep them in a job ie pay to watch mens football, they will grovel to these characters who basically contribute nothing to the running of the game. 

18 minutes ago, thesaint said:

That's just exactly the kind of shit the sfa would do. Instead of looking after the people who actually help keep them in a job ie pay to watch mens football, they will grovel to these characters who basically contribute nothing to the running of the game. 

It might be offensive to some people but as far as I can tell, the woman's national team is a money pit.  Advertisement is not that appealing and crowd money is shocking but all the logistical costs are much the same as the men's team.  Something has to give and you just know it'll be at our end!

4 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

How about they focus on qualifying first.

They fecked up badly last campaign and after two decent tournaments, look miles away from getting to another one.

Exactly. Rather than face up to their failure, they try to absolve themselves of any failure by coming out with the old it's somebody elses fault. We are getting discriminated against SHITE. No you aren't, you just aren't good enough. Simple as. 

5 hours ago, thesaint said:

I'm not kidding when I say this. I had talksport on the same morning the Australian woman's cricket team won the cricket World Cup  

The reporter said 'the Australian cricket women's cricket team is the greatest sports team of any sport or gender'

🤣🤣🤣yes you read that right 

On 4/8/2022 at 3:24 PM, thesaint said:

As for that female that is a commentater on match of the day. Impossible to listen to that grating tone.Have to turn the sound down. Funny thing is she is trying so hard to actually sound like.... yes you guessed it a man. 

I think she's a decent commentator. I'd swap Liam McLeod for her on Sportscene anyway. 

43 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

I think she's a decent commentator. I'd swap Liam McLeod for her on Sportscene anyway. 

Thats fantastic. Very proud of you. She is horrendous by the way. Horribly forced and agressive style. Totally phoney. 

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm not kidding when I say this. I had talksport on the same morning the Australian woman's cricket team won the cricket World Cup  

The reporter said 'the Australian cricket women's cricket team is the greatest sports team of any sport or gender'

🤣🤣🤣yes you read that right 

It's unbelievable. Seems to be a collective insanity in the media. 

48 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

What sort of crowd they looking at?  

Taking my wee lass to her first game tomorrow so half excited half nervous that a skelping from Spain in-front of a handful of people will put her off for good.  

4-5,000 ish? 

I'd say 5000 at a push.

Weather is decent though so might get a few late comers.