The Weemin - Page 21 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Weemin

Toepoke

1 hour ago, stocky said:

Penalty miss. That was unforgivable.

Everyone goes on about ratio between goalie and goalsize 

Wier just pops it up nicely for the keeper to catch.

I blaim the real Madrid show pony for our loss.

Appalling penalty kick...

Ridiculous to blame Weir for the loss. There was still 90% of the game left to play and as a team we simply didn't create enough

4 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

08.48 today. BBC Five Live. Presenter very excitedly says we're delighted we're going to speak to the Irish girl who sent them through to their first WC final. 

So 'we're delighted that we're speaking to the non Brit who scored the goal that meant a British team couldn't qualify. And that's from the British Broadcasting Corporation! 

Substitute England getting knocked out and there would be understandable uproar!

I remember last night's News at 10 covered it (they didn't when the men's team beat Ukraine 3-0 last month but that's another matter).  The reporter, who was Scottish and reporting from Hampden, briefly reported on the game but then started to go on about how England had won the women's Euros that summer, and said that Scotland and Wales (whose women's team have never qualified for a tournament, as far as I'm aware) would be unable to capitalise on the rise of the women's game (or words to that effect). 

England's women certainly did win the Euros - and full credit to them for that - but what the fuck does that have to do with Scotland and Wales??  It was supposed to be a report about their matches.  And if qualifying for a tournaments is supposed to enhance the game (which is a fair premise) then why not mention the fact that Scotland qualified for the last World Cup?

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

Just shows that pond life is in the womens gane too, every single one of them should be waking up today with a suspension and told thanks, but no thanks, you’re not going to the World Cup. 

Scum of the earth, but this will be treated completely differently to the Lafferty situation, I can guarantee it, could be a good defence for him to work with though. 

That’s a great point, interesting to see what the UEFA rule book states. UEFA are quick to hand out fines are they not, both cheeks were fined in the past week due their numpty fans. There surely has to be repercussions here 

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

Just shows that pond life is in the womens gane too, every single one of them should be waking up today with a suspension and told thanks, but no thanks, you’re not going to the World Cup. 

Scum of the earth, but this will be treated completely differently to the Lafferty situation, I can guarantee it, could be a good defence for him to work with though. 

Don't go filming yourself when you're singing dodgy songs then putting it on Twitter would seem to be good advice.  I see she's protected her tweets now.

Weir was outstanding last night (apart from the miss). She could beat 3/4 Irish lassies with ease ; probably was trying a bit too hard at the end, but there's no way we can fault for her last night.

Kerr was excellent too, so was a bit surprised she was subbed off.

Fair dues Ireland. Hard as nails and fancied it.

Not too impressed with the coach. Tiki-taka stuff that might look fine but what use is it if you cannot break down a team you should be beating.

Imagine Corise, Beattie, might start thinking of retiring? Take it there's not much coming through?!

2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Rather than us going backwards I think other countries have improved. The first Scotland women's game I went to was v Ireland around 5 years ago, and their team last night bore little resemblance to that one. So much more athletic and physical. We may have had the better technique but they were quicker than us all over the park.

Thought Cuthbert had a poor game. She plays that deeper role for Chelsea but should be further up the park for Scotland, although the amount of times she lost possession last night that might not have made much difference. 

I think our game will start to iimprove Celtic, Rangers, Dundee United, are all very recent competitive additions to the top tier.

Like it or not the old firm cash will improve things. 

25 minutes ago, aaid said:

Don't go filming yourself when you're singing dodgy songs then putting it on Twitter would seem to be good advice.  I see she's protected her tweets now.

You hear so much in media about women players wanting treated on equal terms as men.

Can you imagine the uproar if Seamus Coleman, Shane Duffy ect were caught on camera clearly singing ' ooh ahhh up the Ra'. 

Lets see how this plays out 

36 minutes ago, JECK said:

That’s a great point, interesting to see what the UEFA rule book states. UEFA are quick to hand out fines are they not, both cheeks were fined in the past week due their numpty fans. There surely has to be repercussions here 

I don’t mean from uefa, I mean from the FAI, here’s a chance to really put out a statement, but they won’t, because they know bigotry will always thrive. 

3 hours ago, dandydunn said:

The IRA are viewed as heros by many in Ireland, so a lot of the irish wont think anything of this video or will enjoy it. It's also a Celtic song which is sung most weeks at Parkhead/celtic away games and nothing is ever said or done.

It's daft to have recorded it and put it online but that is what happens now with everything and they should know better.

Will be interesting to see if anything is done, or if anything can be done except maybe a fine.

14 minutes ago, Kirk said:

The IRA are viewed as heros by many in Ireland, so a lot of the irish wont think anything of this video or will enjoy it. It's also a Celtic song which is sung most weeks at Parkhead/celtic away games and nothing is ever said or done.

It's daft to have recorded it and put it online but that is what happens now with everything and they should know better.

Will be interesting to see if anything is done, or if anything can be done except maybe a fine.

Pauw has said the chant was 'totally unacceptable'.  FIFA should do something to show that singing or chanting about terrorist groups is completely unacceptable.  I wouldn't want the Irish thrown out the WC but a heavy fine or a suspended sentence would be appropriate though I suspect a blind eye will be turned to their behaviour. 

7 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Pauw has said the chant was 'totally unacceptable'.  FIFA should do something to show that singing or chanting about terrorist groups is completely unacceptable.  I wouldn't want the Irish thrown out the WC but a heavy fine or a suspended sentence would be appropriate though I suspect a blind eye will be turned to their behaviour. 

Yeah, I'd imagine fuck all will happen

4 hours ago, Templeton_Peck said:

You hear so much in media about women players wanting treated on equal terms as men.

Can you imagine the uproar if Seamus Coleman, Shane Duffy ect were caught on camera clearly singing ' ooh ahhh up the Ra'. 

Lets see how this plays out 

Imagine James mclean did it....

11 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Rather than us going backwards I think other countries have improved. The first Scotland women's game I went to was v Ireland around 5 years ago, and their team last night bore little resemblance to that one. So much more athletic and physical. We may have had the better technique but they were quicker than us all over the park.

Thought Cuthbert had a poor game. She plays that deeper role for Chelsea but should be further up the park for Scotland, although the amount of times she lost possession last night that might not have made much difference. 

I agree other teams have improved but we tatically we were awful last night and after the penalty miss we never looked like winning 

Might have followed the Irish a bit but after that so called celebrations  that won't be happening.

• 2 months later...

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/23197248.sfa-fire-back-womens-national-team-equal-pay-treatment-legal-row/#comments-anchor

Following on from the ticket debacle where they obviously didn't understand the ticketing process looks like the ladies may have gone off half cocked again.

The stuff about hotels and medical support is fair enough but Corsie is looking a bit of a dick.  

55 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/23197248.sfa-fire-back-womens-national-team-equal-pay-treatment-legal-row/#comments-anchor

Following on from the ticket debacle where they obviously didn't understand the ticketing process looks like the ladies may have gone off half cocked again.

The stuff about hotels and medical support is fair enough but Corsie is looking a bit of a dick.  

There is some carefully crafted language in the SFA statement which it makes it sound like payments are equal but they are disproportionally not. The women get the same percentage of a much smaller commercial revenue. Now, whether you think it’s fair for the ‘payment’ to be different based on revenue generation potential is a tougher question. It’s an argument that fell down at Wimbledon, for instance, but the tournament for men and women is joined there. There will inevitably be strong arguments made by both sides of the issue on this one, but I don’t think the women are necessarily wrong to feel aggrieved, regardless of outcome.

Putting them up in shit hotels and expecting them to fly with easyJet (not sure either of those statements is true, but let’s say it is) when the men are staying in the nicest hotels money can buy and flying private is a bit of a piss take though and should be rectified straight away. Regardless of how much revenue they bring, they are representing the country here and should be given all the advantages that can be afforded to give them the best chance to win; and let’s be clear here, the SFA can easily afford it. If it’s fair for the men and not the women due to the commercial revenues they generate, the SFA blazers can stop booking the same perks for themselves immediately, which they won’t.

Embarrassing they will probably get what they are asking for despite, let’s be honest, the vast majority not giving a shit about how they do etc. 

The fact they generate next to hee haw money for the Scottish game is the most important issue surely - realistically they are overpaid currently…

3 hours ago, Scots_Wha_Hae said:

There is some carefully crafted language in the SFA statement which it makes it sound like payments are equal but they are disproportionally not. The women get the same percentage of a much smaller commercial revenue. Now, whether you think it’s fair for the ‘payment’ to be different based on revenue generation potential is a tougher question. It’s an argument that fell down at Wimbledon, for instance, but the tournament for men and women is joined there. There will inevitably be strong arguments made by both sides of the issue on this one, but I don’t think the women are necessarily wrong to feel aggrieved, regardless of outcome.

Putting them up in shit hotels and expecting them to fly with easyJet (not sure either of those statements is true, but let’s say it is) when the men are staying in the nicest hotels money can buy and flying private is a bit of a piss take though and should be rectified straight away. Regardless of how much revenue they bring, they are representing the country here and should be given all the advantages that can be afforded to give them the best chance to win; and let’s be clear here, the SFA can easily afford it. If it’s fair for the men and not the women due to the commercial revenues they generate, the SFA blazers can stop booking the same perks for themselves immediately, which they won’t.

Andy Robertson flew with Ryanair for the San Marino game. He didn't seem too bothered about it.

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

The attention the women's get is honestly OTT too. Sky give it better coverage than they do our own league 🤣

It's more than OTT.It's a disgrace.Ridiculous amount of coverage given to it.As for Wimbledon.That's another piece of nonsense.In the mens game one match can last up to 5 hours while sometimes a female champion can win the tournament and not be on court for much longer than that in total.Why should they get the same money as men?.Anyway,not got a problem with women playing football but don't try to force people to like it.Let the kiddies enjoy it.

14 hours ago, Kirk said:

Its an absolute nonsense. I cant believe the USA got away with it and were getting a cut of the mens teams world cup money, fucking daft.

Sense goes straight out the window when the woke/virtue signaling brigade get involved. Always seem to get their own way though. Nobody at the top of any organisations seem to have the backbone to say... NO to all these arseholes. 

On 12/17/2022 at 2:34 PM, ThistleWhistle said:

Really annoyed me this story.

Playing for Scotland should be a privilege not a money grabbing exercise.

As far as i can tell, the women are now treated equally in all aspects. There maybe were issues in past (Julie Fleeting documentary showed how little support they got back in 90s/2000s) but not now. How far do you go back? 

Think your right about whose instigating this, in my opinion she isnt exactly in a position to be demanding payouts after some of her team's failures in recent years. If successful this will take money out of game which we need to help improve standard of both mens and womens game.

I have been to some Scotland womens games with young family recently but my opinion of some people in this team has changed and certainly dont see them as role models so wont be back.

Edited by Gala Tartan Army (Borders)