The Flow Of People To Yes - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Flow Of People To Yes

What are the canvassing results you have been getting in Edinburgh?

I re-did the worst area for Yes in Inverness that had previously had 19% and 25% Yes. Yesterday we had 36% yes 32% no 32% UD. Without undecideds it was 53% yes 47% no.

The areas I've been doing might not be the most representative (and there are big holes due to relocation), but it's a small but significant majority for No across the board. Also been on the phones following up postal ballots... and the many stories (one immediately above) about older people being scared into voting No are all too real.

I've thought all along, and only something out of the blue between now and the 18th will change my mind, that it will come down to relative turnout on the day... the work we do in the last couple of days and on the day itself might well be decisive.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My old man, whom until last night I was convinced would never change his mind, has told me today that he is almost certain to vote Yes.

I genuinely thought he was a lost cause. Now all of my immediate family are Yes.

Great stuff!

This is happening.

J

I think people are now seeing the Better Together campaign for what it really is.A spitefull campaign full of hate for the SNP,they are also seeing through their lies aand negativity is also helping people to yeas.The press coverage has also been a deciding factor.Thank you to the Torygraph reporter who visits here for your rather pish story yesteday its all mhelping us accross the line to independence.

One guy in the village I have know for years who was very anti - SNP said today he is almost at YES, has been tweeting negative statements towards this latest powers offer. My best mate is now undecided, its taken a lot of work, his wife is strong NO. Big drinking session this Saturday with him to get him to seal the deal.

I know it doesn't mean much when you see it written, but astonished.

My pals were 8-2, now it's 9-1 to yes. This guy was a No - didn't see the point in breaking of this country, you know the type - no matter the argument he refuted it and said it was pointless etc.

He's now a Yes - and it's down to the last few days. Osborne on Marr, The 3 Wisemen coming north, the banks and big business. He's had enough and wants out of this.

I'm hugely surprised. They've really shot themselves in the foot with him. If they kept up their localised battle with the likes of Dougie, Darling, Davidson etc I think he'd still be a No.