The Flow Of People To Yes - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Flow Of People To Yes

Out for a run in the Pentlands this morning and couldn't believe what I was seeing...

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/pentland-hills-yes-banner-at-hillend-1-3526438

That picture doesn't really indicate how big it actually is but it's massive.

Absolutely superb photo more of these required..

My sister lives in the sticks in Aberdeenshire she tells me that somebody as carved a bloody great YES in one the fields.

She was worried about the crop silly girl .......................

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW that is all.

Yep, pretty much my reaction.

It would be good to know what finally persuaded someone to change their mind - it might help us to persuade others.

Probably going to vary a lot, but it's all useful information

This is what my aunt said:

"Just wondering why they are so desperate to keep us and I don't and never have liked the way that the English keep saying that they support us when I know that they don't".

Just looks as though the penny dropped...

However...

Just saw something in Scotland on Sunday from BT person saying that their polling showed flow going the other way switching from undecided to yes, in 'SNP heartlands' (naming some seats of high profile SNP MSPs.) If I followed correctly think it meant not absolute No ahead but flow for undecided to No higher than to Yes.

So is this just spin or is there something else going on...?

Did a 100 mile cycle in Perthshire yesterday, massive amount of houses with yes Signs. Someone has also made a killing selling mdf yes's as there are loads displayed all over. Dunkeld had a big turn out at their stall as we stopped and chatted, whilst the no thanks had no one at it, and they were trying to sticker people walking by to the highland games and getting the brush off.

The No lot in Perth have been stickering anyone walking past their High St stall, including tourists.

They're looking desperate.

That said, I saw my first No campaigners out leafleting today - a group of about ten, all pretty well dressed. No idea where they came from (i.e. local or imported).

Did a 100 mile cycle in Perthshire yesterday, massive amount of houses with yes Signs. Someone has also made a killing selling mdf yes's as there are loads displayed all over. Dunkeld had a big turn out at their stall as we stopped and chatted, whilst the no thanks had no one at it, and they were trying to sticker people walking by to the highland games and getting the brush off.

Aye, saw a fair few doing part of that route a few weeks ago.

Checked how many of my Facebook friends like Yes Scotland and Better Together. BT has remained at 8 whilst YS has dropped from 40 to 37 (first time it has ever gone down the way). No-one seems to have unliked me, so a little surprised at this.

Edited by Stapes

Checked how many of my Facebook friends like Yes Scotland and Better Together. BT has remained at 8 whilst YS has dropped from 40 to 37 (first time it has ever gone down the way). No-one seems to have unliked me, so a little surprised at this.

Maybe they've voted, so they don't need Yes Scotland's Facebook posts in their feed.

Here is a post from one of my FB friends, he was a staunch No and I am surprised and delighted he has moved to Yes.

"I'm coming out of the closet Facebook. Again. Yes this is bound to encourage some well deserved suspicion, criticism and polemic discourse. But that's OK, I can handle it. As some one who has supported a definite and confident 'No' vote for a long time, I am finding it increasingly difficult to support the sort of Britain I believe in. My values and principles, when considered and internally wrestled with, no longer coinside with one side of this debate, I have come to a simple conclusion: I'll be voting Yes. badger it, why not. See you at the party. Xxx"

Edited by BigBearScot

Here is a post from one of my FB friends, he was a staunch No and I am surprised and delighted he has moved to Yes.

"I'm coming out of the closet Facebook. Again. Yes this is bound to encourage some well deserved suspicion, criticism and polemic discourse. But that's OK, I can handle it. As some one who has supported a definite and confident 'No' vote for a long time, I am finding it increasingly difficult to support the sort of Britain I believe in. My values and principles, when considered and internally wrestled with, no longer coinside with one side of this debate, I have come to a simple conclusion: I'll be voting Yes. badger it, why not. See you at the party. Xxx"

excellent :ok:

Also spoke to someone yesterday who is a hardline No and always will be, and that's fine. But commented yesterday in clear frustration, that suddenly loads of her friends on Facebook are suddenly quite vocal about voting Yes. These people might have always been Yes but it was clear she was taken aback and surprised at the support. Nothing to suggest there were more than No supporters since they tend to be silent, but it cannot be underestimated how important to keep this feeling of momentum. There is a considerable number of people who are influenced by perceptions of popular opinion and will be carried along in the momentum.

Definitely feels like something has changed.

Friend of mine posted on Facebook the other day that he's voting Yes after being a strong No a few months back. The guy owns his own architecture and structural engineering firm and promotes boxing and MMA events.

His premise for the switch is essentially that the No campaign have offered doom and gloom and that he thinks if an indy Scotland is going to be shite, a Scotland in the UK will also be shite so he'd rather have a Scottish parliament making it shite than Westminster making it shite.

Typically Scottish pessimistic up yours attitude IMO.

We all live down South and my Nana (up in Edinburgh in her 80s) was a soft No.

I was up at the weekend for a family wedding and had a very frank chat with her. Mum & Dad have been with her all week also feeding her information.

Just found out she filled in her Postal vote and voted Yes. So proud. It's true, give people information and there really is no other way to logically vote other than Yes.

That's made my day.

J

We all live down South and my Nana (up in Edinburgh in her 80s) was a soft No.

I was up at the weekend for a family wedding and had a very frank chat with her. Mum & Dad have been with her all week also feeding her information.

Just found out she filled in her Postal vote and voted Yes. So proud. It's true, give people information and there really is no other way to logically vote other than Yes.

That's made my day.

J

brilliant J :ok:

Its wee things like this that really make me think that this could happen :roll: