The Flow Of People To Yes - Page 7 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Flow Of People To Yes

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Total stranger that I had a big debate with about a year ago on the facebook status of a mutual friend, who was firmly no, is now a yes apparently. Also, in the wee creche at St Enoch's centre earlier - six adults, four with yes bracelets (including me), one of the other two was my missus who's obviously yes and the other was the wife of a fellow Yesser, so good chance she was too. Nice company to keep!

A lassie at work who had a staunch No for the past couple of years - rubbishing even the very concept of independence - 'fessed up today that she completed her postal vote last night - and voted Yes. :)

Apparently she was about to choose No, then at the last minute looked at her ballot paper and voted Yes instead. Honestly, from the way she was going on this time last year, if she can have a change of heart anyone can!

Was getting quite down about the fact that people on here were turning lots of people to Yes on Facebook, but just didn't seem to be happening to me, Three tonight admitted they'd now be voting Yes, whilst three said No. I'll take a 50% success rate (for now).

My son was telling me that a girl from his school took a Yes badge from him at the Big Debate. Afterwards she handed it back saying that both her parents were Nos and she couldn't be bothered arguing with them. Smart them kids!

Edited by Stapes

Looking for a bit of reassurance.

Post Germany I had to come straight to London for work and I'm still here until tomorrow. Media in London/England now has the referendum a dead cert for No and then a mate in Glasgow who is pro Yes but often a bit pessimistic texted me about going to the Usher Hall gig on sunday but added that he thought it was looking bad for Yes.

So basically I'm here and bricking it that there has been a huge swing to No - but comments on this thread suggest it's going OK back home.

Has anything really changed since I left Glasgow a couple of weeks ago??

TT

A lassie at work who had a staunch No for the past couple of years - rubbishing even the very concept of independence - 'fessed up today that she completed her postal vote last night - and voted Yes. :)

Apparently she was about to choose No, then at the last minute looked at her ballot paper and voted Yes instead. Honestly, from the way she was going on this time last year, if she can have a change of heart anyone can!

Things like this give me a wee smile.

One of my employees did the same thing on Tuesday, there is hope in this campaign.

Just noticed another two going to Yes on my Facebook page - one of whom I really expected to be a No. So 5-3 in the last day.

TT - I felt like this yesterday, that it was all slipping away. That doesn't appear to be the case though. Time will tell, but my confidence has returned. Out leafleting in Mayfield today and lots of Yes posters up.

That's exactly what the guy sits beside me at work said, A lot of Nos will go in voting no and when they see the paper will change their mind, Fingers crossed

Post Germany I had to come straight to London for work and I'm still here until tomorrow. Media in London/England now has the referendum a dead cert for No and then a mate in Glasgow who is pro Yes but often a bit pessimistic texted me about going to the Usher Hall gig on sunday but added that he thought it was looking bad for Yes.

So basically I'm here and bricking it that there has been a huge swing to No - but comments on this thread suggest it's going OK back home.

TT

You're just watching too much TV. Switch the thing aff.

TT

The mood on 'the street' is getting palpably more tense than it was a week ago, and the MSM salvo has been relentlessly anti-Yes. Anecdotally, however, I am not aware of it having much effect; Yeses are still Yes, most Nos are still Nos, and undecideds are still undecided.

The guy who sits next to me at work, who announced last week that he plans to abstain from voting altogether because 'they are all the same', had a wee light bulb moment on Monday after the 'lovebombing' began. 'Why are they offering all this now?', he asked. He knows my stance on the issue well and I did my best to talk him in to voting Yes - again - to little obvious avail. Eventually I furnished him with a copy of the trusty Wee Blue Book, in the hope that the answers he seeks can be found there.

Thanks lads good to hear - and yes, probably good to switch the TV off and to stop reading the London Evening Standard (which is bordering on the hysterical). And then of course get the bag packed and head up the road to do a bit of last minute campaigning and vote.

Still bricking it, but as I look out the hotel window at Wembley Stadium, I can at least have a wee think about 1967, when they said we had no chance of coming away with a victory, and look what a bunch of gallus wee Scots achieved then :ok:

TT

Edited by TartanTeddy

Thanks lads good to hear - and yes, probably good to switch the TV off and to stop reading the London Evening Standard (which is bordering on the hysterical). And then of course get the bag packed and head up the road to do a bit of last minute campaigning and vote.

Still bricking it, but as I look out the hotel window at Wembley Stadium, I can at least have a wee think about 1967, when they said we had no chance of coming away with a victory, and look what a bunch of gallus wee Scots achieved then :ok:

TT

Good enough for me..

TT

Few friends confirmed to me tonight they are now off the fence and are Yes. Thankful for social media, without it we'd have no chance.

Thankful for social media, without it we'd have no chance.

Ain't that the truth!

The English are very proud of inventing the Web. Who'da'thunk doing so would directly lead to them losing the northern part of their empire :P

Unfortunately the non-yes folk I know are going into shutdown mode now......

Same. The rule britania rangers mob were never going to change but a few others i thought had more sense are list causes now. Also got called a xenophob for saying English MPs had no buisness coming up here.

I have a freind who work abroad aboard a rov boat,i dont know the ins and outs of it but he gets tax back when he spen xxx amont of days out the country, until about three weeks ago he was yes now he is not voting as he says that that they will do away with this tax break in an iscotland, can anyone shine some light on this? As far as i was aware income tax will stay the same?