The Flow Of People To Yes - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Flow Of People To Yes

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have seen the Elaine C Smith Effect persuede a few undecideds the past few days. Whilst many of my no supporting FB friends were in hysterics at Mary Doll being rolled out, she has connected with 2 lassies i know on Facebook who said its great to see a women of the people standing up and speaking from the heart and are now voting yes

Just been handed 6 WBBs by a guy in the village who called me out of the blue as he'd heard I was YES. This grass-roots movement is truly humbling to be part of.

He was canvasing Galashiels and in the schemes getting 90% Yes !! He reckons our area will be 30% YES which for the area is pretty amazing.

Just been handed 6 WBBs by a guy in the village who called me out of the blue as he'd heard I was YES. This grass-roots movement is truly humbling to be part of.

He was canvasing Galashiels and in the schemes getting 90% Yes !! He reckons our area will be 30% YES which for the area is pretty amazing.

WBB's?

So far have got my Mum from No to Undecided to Yes, my wife from No to Undecided, and given up on Father in Law.

I have a Polish friend at work who said he was voting No based on scare stories about the pound, mortgages etc - put him onto the WBB and he is now a raging madman for Yes. He texted me about the BBC, which he thought was a bastion of truth, "You are right, is like Pravda. Why I'm being lied to ? Not just misinformed but lied to ?" He is now talking to his (Polish) wife about it.

Another lad at work had earwigged some of our early conversations, and mocked the Yes side. Rangers fan, chucked about a few Rule Britannia ditties etc. He came up to me the other night and said he quite liked 'that Elaine C Smith' on the debate, and started asking me questions. He is now Undecided and is away reading the Wee Blue Book..........

So fingers crossed I'm claiming 5 so far.

Is that you got one for everybody in the village now then?

This morning I put a post on my Facebook asking undecided voters or people who want to vote Yes but feel they need more information to PM me. So far two undecided now Yes and one No now undecided leaning towards Yes. If you have time & the information get doing it, it works.

Me - Yes by post

Wife - never voted in any election in the 26 years we've been together but she voted and posted off her Yes vote

Son - age 17 and first time voter says he will vote Yes on the day

Maw-in-Law - total old fekin Tory has already voted Yes by post and has a photocopy of her ballot on the kitchen noticeboard!

Bruv-in-law - undecided

My department has 18 staff - 11 Yes - 2 No - rest undecided

Wife's department - 8 Yes and 2 No

Straw poll of 21 senior pupils at football last Friday - 20 Yes - 1 No

Hoping upon hope that the same picture is emerging across the country :ok:

Wife - never voted in any election in the 26 years we've been together but she voted and posted off her Yes vote

There are lots of people like this.

I don't know why your wife has never voted.

But, in general, people don't vote because they feel it's a waste of time. Nothing ever changes. No-one listens to me/us.

This is different. This is the chance, the one chance that people have to make sure that their vote DOES make a difference. And what a difference it will be.

It will mean that for the very first time, within a democratic system, Scotland will always get the government that the people of Scotland vote fore.

And, more importantly, we will have the power to vote a government out!

I don't know why your wife has never voted.

She has never 'got' politics and it bores the ar*e aff her to be honest - but she read my copy of the Scotland's Future book months ago and has been asking questions ever since - reckon she was the reason that turned her Tory maw too

Loving the optimism of some of these stories, but canvassing (Edinburgh) tells me we still have a huge amount of work to do. There are significant numbers of people who will NEVER vote Yes; we need to get all those who are on the turn out on the day... and hypnotise the Nos into not bothering...

Genuine sadness this morning as my elderly neighbour informed me he's voted No after I'd made good progress with him. His best friend who is a Labour member assured him he'd lose his pension with a Yes vote... Some pal.

Ach well, there's only so much you can do when you're up against tactics like that.

Loving the optimism of some of these stories, but canvassing (Edinburgh) tells me we still have a huge amount of work to do. There are significant numbers of people who will NEVER vote Yes; we need to get all those who are on the turn out on the day... and hypnotise the Nos into not bothering...

What are the canvassing results you have been getting in Edinburgh?

I re-did the worst area for Yes in Inverness that had previously had 19% and 25% Yes. Yesterday we had 36% yes 32% no 32% UD. Without undecideds it was 53% yes 47% no.