The Brexit Thread - Page 96 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Brexit Thread

19 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

I think too much is made of the SNP leave vote

A good proportion of that voted Leave for Independence purposes

I know i did ........

How does that work?

I know plenty folk voted remain because the thought that would help to get independence.

4 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Was looking up past Europeand elections in scotland and the snp’s only just beat labour back in 2014, i was surprised about that however i cant see turn out being much at all, for the fitst time i will not be voting, i am affshore and forgot to get a postal vote 

Can you not do it by proxy ?

I think you can allocate it online.. 

16 hours ago, stocky said:

Yes i think so as well, i know a couple of Yes Voters who voted Leave so as they would get ' A material Change of Circumstances' and therefore another referendum,. They are correct  Brexit has given us another Indy Referendum 10 years before we would have got indy ref 2.

My view was if enough Scots voted Remain we could keep England in Europe against their will..... I wonder what would have happened then.... However as usual the SCOTTISH vote did not count, if no Scots had voted, it would have made no difference, 

Same as every election, that is the main reason why i want Independence. 

Has somebody told you the date for that then?   ;)

20 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Farage 16/1 to be next PM. Lump your money on Nigel before it's too late.

Can that even theoretically happen? I’ve tuned out but is he not running for MEP?

I’d have him as PM just for the laughs at this point. Definitely think he’d negotiate a better BREXIT than these other splashers.

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

Can that even theoretically happen? I’ve tuned out but is he not running for MEP?

I’d have him as PM just for the laughs at this point. Definitely think he’d negotiate a better BREXIT than these other splashers.

Being an MEP wouldn't stop him standing as a candidate for MP at a general election. I don't think you have to be an MP to be PM. They just make you a lord or something. He just needs to be somebody who can command a majority in the HoC. So if his party gets enough seats and/or is backed by enough MPs from other parties he can be PM.

Not a chance in hell of Farage being PM. This is all on the strengths of an opinion poll on the European Elections - notorious for people using them to have a protest vote. Once they have had their protest there and voted Brexit Party they will return to voting Tory or Labour as happened without fail with UKIP.

17 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Not a chance in hell of Farage being PM. This is all on the strengths of an opinion poll on the European Elections - notorious for people using them to have a protest vote. Once they have had their protest there and voted Brexit Party they will return to voting Tory or Labour as happened without fail with UKIP.

Farage would make a good pm. 

Farage will never be PM as he doesn't want to be PM. He has said himself he doesn't want to be PM and probably wouldn't be any good at it. He is however content to create havoc knowing he will never need to preside over the fallout. 

He is a charlatan who will take credit if the aftermath of Brexit goes well, and nowhere to be seen if it is a shitfest , or blame everyone else for the mess. 

He may say all the right things for the party faithful, but words are cheap when you don't need to pick up the pieces. I would perhaps have some respect for him if he did. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/amp/entry/nigel-farage-i-do-not-want-to-be-prime-minister_uk_5cde9f17e4b09e0578020c67/

8 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

60360106_10157165295511445_3809816934229

I searched for that quote and the only place I saw it quoted by google was here.

It is a supposed quote / comment from this guy... 

Paul Nuttall UKIP MEP (2014)

If and when the Scots 'bottle it' on 18th September and vote not, they will see a stronger English voice because of the people of England have had enough of Scottish self-indulgence

Why do you always do this? No wonder you never provide a decent link...

Edited by thplinth

1 hour ago, bonny78 said:

That's what the Liberal left do - deny free speech to any who have a different opinion to their own. 

it's a human trait not a political one. All Authoritarian governments do it, regardless of left or right.

Only partisans think their side is immune to it.

8 minutes ago, phart said:

it's a human trait not a political one. All Authoritarian governments do it, regardless of left or right.

Only partisans think their side is immune to it.

Was talking about the individual who threw the shake 

11 minutes ago, bonny78 said:

The action of the person.   Seriously who thinks it's a good idea to throw stuff at someone?     A libtard usually. 

Your nomenclature is like someone who stands outside military funerals going on about fags.

Edited by phart