The Brexit Thread - Page 97 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Brexit Thread

55 minutes ago, phart said:

it's a human trait not a political one. All Authoritarian governments do it, regardless of left or right.

Only partisans think their side is immune to it.

I don’t think that’s correct in the UK IMO. 

Some people deemed to be on the left have thrown milkshakes, some people on the right have killed an MP, or are in jail for planning crimes. Sure, both are bad, but not to the same extent, I don’t believe we are at USA levels of what seems to be pure hatred.

I don’t want anyone hurt, I just like seeing a prick get humiliated. If we can’t laugh at that, then what’s the point. 

15 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Some people deemed to be on the left have thrown milkshakes, some people on the right have killed an MP, or are in jail for planning crimes. Sure, both are bad, but not to the same extent, I don’t believe we are at USA levels of what seems to be pure hatred.

I don’t want anyone hurt, I just like seeing a prick get humiliated. If we can’t laugh at that, then what’s the point. 

So we OK to throw cough medicine at vince cable??? Just for laughs Ken 

3 minutes ago, bonny78 said:

I’m sure some would find that funny, I would neither laugh, nor be offended by it. 

2 minutes ago, bonny78 said:

Aye, where do you draw the line? Somewhere between milkshake and sulphuric acid? What about a really spicy kebab?

And, his name is Kev, not Ken.

29 minutes ago, kumnio said:

it is a human trait. You're using one point on a graph and trying to get a fit for it, can't happen.

We're talking denying free speech.

Free speech is so you don't get persecuted by the government it doesn't say anything about anyone else.

Edited by phart

What's the reasonable response for Farage lying for personal gain to the detriment of someone?

Is there no longer responsibility for actions which you did knowingly false?

There's questions everywhere isn't there?

Edited by phart

Twenty years ago now at least I was walking home by myself when a car went by and someone in it squirted /  threw a liquid in my face. Totally random. It was only water I believe but it was a really horrible experience because at the time there is a few seconds there when you don’t know what it was... Anyone who throws stuff on other people should treated like they they threw a punch or worse. It is like spitting. Done by cowardly snide wankers. Not a fan.

8 minutes ago, phart said:

What's the reasonable response for Farage lying for personal gain to the detriment of someone?

Is there no longer responsibility for actions which you did knowingly false?

There's questions everywhere isn't there?

What lies has farrage told?   He is a one trick pony and a one track mind but actual lies?? C Mon. 

Mind when Aaron Banks gave him £450,000 grand and he didn't declare it cause " he was about to leave politics and had been seeking a new life in the US."

Nigel Farage was lavishly funded by Arron Banks in the year after the Brexit referendum, Channel 4 News has alleged, with the insurance tycoon providing him with a furnished Chelsea home, a car and driver, and money to promote him in America.

According to invoices, emails and other documents, Banks, who regularly bankrolled Farage’s former party, Ukip, spent about £450,000 in the year after the referendum, when Farage had quit as Ukip leader, the programme said.

It said the money, some provided via Rock Services Ltd, a company owned by Banks, was used to rent a Chelsea home for £13,000 a month, with Banks purchasing furniture and fittings including crockery and a shower curtain.

Farage was also provided with a Land Rover Discovery and a driver, and Banks sought to raise an extra £130,000 from supporters to cover security.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/may/16/arron-banks-allegedly-gave-450000-funding-to-nigel-farage-after-brexit-vote

and how

"Nigel Farage claims he is 'skint' and says 'there's no money in politics'

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/dec/16/nigel-farage-skint-ukip-4m-townhouse

Edited by phart

Aye let's have our PM be Farage who is bankrolled by someone under investigation from the serious crime squad.

Mental. Although to be fair he's still have to lie and cheat a lot more to get into the top ten in parliament.

14 minutes ago, phart said:

Mind when Aaron Banks gave him £450,000 grand and he didn't declare it cause " he was about to leave politics and had been seeking a new life in the US."

Nigel Farage was lavishly funded by Arron Banks in the year after the Brexit referendum, Channel 4 News has alleged, with the insurance tycoon providing him with a furnished Chelsea home, a car and driver, and money to promote him in America.

According to invoices, emails and other documents, Banks, who regularly bankrolled Farage’s former party, Ukip, spent about £450,000 in the year after the referendum, when Farage had quit as Ukip leader, the programme said.

It said the money, some provided via Rock Services Ltd, a company owned by Banks, was used to rent a Chelsea home for £13,000 a month, with Banks purchasing furniture and fittings including crockery and a shower curtain.

Farage was also provided with a Land Rover Discovery and a driver, and Banks sought to raise an extra £130,000 from supporters to cover security.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/may/16/arron-banks-allegedly-gave-450000-funding-to-nigel-farage-after-brexit-vote

and how

"Nigel Farage claims he is 'skint' and says 'there's no money in politics'

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/dec/16/nigel-farage-skint-ukip-4m-townhouse

!

3 minutes ago, phart said:

Farage should have went down the Prescott route and touched him up with the jab.

source.gif

Not being a big fan of violence and despite 2 Jags being far from perfect he does, to me anyway, look, justifiably pretty handy here. (ex boxer in his Navy days I think).

22 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

Not being a big fan of violence and despite 2 Jags being far from perfect he does, to me anyway, look, justifiably pretty handy here. (ex boxer in his Navy days I think).

I'm a big fan of consensual violence, as i watch boxing and UFC so can't say not a fan.

He touched him up with the jab pretty well.

22 minutes ago, bonny78 said:

55m sounds about right. Looking forward to saving that or similar once brexit happens

It's not though and is easily fact checked. However it's easy to lie and deceive non-fact checkers , so therefore they promote deceitful liars. Fact checking is a vital part of political discourse. You're falling flat on your face at the first hurdle.

Anyone can say anything to you since you don't fact check.  You're like the anti-vaxxer threatening the herd immunity against obvious lies.

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Aye, where do you draw the line? Somewhere between milkshake and sulphuric acid?

How long to some wide cunt half empties out the shake and fills it with their waz? Bottom line no one has a right to throw shite all over you. Fuck knows what it contains... Serious crime IMHO.

But it is ok because the victims are 'racists' you are told and 'what would you be if you were living in 30's Germany and did nothing!? you are asked.' It is ok to physically assault 'these people' because they are 'nazis'. Dontcha geddit? That was the whole point of calling them nazis to begin with... to legitimize violence against your political enemies.

The problem in politics is not your Farages... it is the utter fucking vermin calling everyone a nazi and then trying to shut them up by violence and intimidation. If that is the 'side' you are on you can go fuck yourself (edit:not you orraloon!).

Edited by thplinth

37 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

Yeah, but the 'milkshaking' seems to be becoming a 'thing', and being viewed as 'harmless fun', it's not really.

Throwing shit as a protest goes back centuries. I don't see why it's suddenly in need of special attention. Corbyn got hit earlier in may, that labour guy got one thrown at him as well, prescott got pelted etc.

Let the police deal with as we've always done.

Edited by phart