Scottish teams in Europe - Page 48 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish teams in Europe

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

Big difference when Griffiths arrived. Let Armstrong go to Southampton I'd say, he looks like he's certainly made his decision, his performances have been very bad.

European football til at least Christmas just depends which rung. Hopefully Aberdeen can do well tonight too.

I don't think we should be offloading one of our top players off the back of two games before the league has even started.

6 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

The first post taking a dig at my faith was indeed on page 39...

The first time in this thread was when Rangers went out to Progres back on page 10...

Folk had been having a go at Rangers for the fashion of their exit (so I'd challenge your 'starting point).

You're a pompous prat Scotty. I was stating a fact which because you don't like it, you treat as an attack. 

I cannot be bothered with your self important keech and conspiracy theory drivel. 

Griffiths obviously was injured but you're too deep in your bullshit story to back out without losing faith so you deny it. 

You should work in the North Korean media with the ability to ignore the facts like that. 

1 hour ago, Reevesy said:

I don't think we should be offloading one of our top players off the back of two games before the league has even started.

Tend to agree with you Reevesy. I think people are too quick to judge players these days, especially when they can be replaced quickly, which due to Celtics budget they can. 

There's 4 weeks of the transfer window left. How many games do Celtic have before then? 

2 hours ago, wanderer said:

Have Slavia not been recently taken over by a Chinese consortium who have actually been spending pretty big-ish?

Have they? I was only going on what I saw of them pre season. They didn't look up to much.

2 hours ago, Reevesy said:

Normally I'd agree as I'm a big fan of Armstrong. However I'm hearing we're miles apart on a new deal and he's willing to run down his contract. Under those circumstances I'd be tempted to cash in. We've too many midfielders anyway and need cover at left back and another option up front.

5 minutes ago, slasher said:

Have they? I was only going on what I saw of them pre season. They didn't look up to much.

Yeah I am sure they have, and made a couple of pretty decent signings of late.... seems to be a real tit-for-tat between them and Sparta just now (Slavia make a big-ish signing, and next day Sparta go out and make a slightly bigger one).

I think it was more the stadium the Chinese have their eye on, as they purchased it along with the team (that is why Celtic were invited out to play them in the summer, as one of the first coaches of Slavia came from Celtic and was instrumental in their early success.... think even one of the stands at the stadium was recently named after him).

4 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Yeah I am sure they have, and made a couple of pretty decent signings of late.... seems to be a real tit-for-tat between them and Sparta just now (Slavia make a big-ish signing, and next day Sparta go out and make a slightly bigger one).

I think it was more the stadium the Chinese have their eye on, as they purchased it along with the team (that is why Celtic were invited out to play them in the summer, as one of the first coaches of Slavia came from Celtic and was instrumental in their early success.... think even one of the stands at the stadium was recently named after him).

Yeah I recall the story and a presentation before the game. Oh well, maybe they're best avoided then ?

23 minutes ago, slasher said:

Yeah I recall the story and a presentation before the game. Oh well, maybe they're best avoided then ?

I do not think its one of those ties Celtic would lose any sleep over, but will most certainly not be the easiest team they can get (all the teams they could get are tricky, but nothing to majorly worry about).

8 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I can't see that. I don't believe Rodgers would take that risk.

I was willing to accept he may not have been injured last week, but can't believe he wouldn't have been fit to start last night if that was the case.

Not worth a £30 million gamble.

Not everyone that is fit enough to start, starts.

Subs are often fully fit.

6 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

You're a pompous prat Scotty. I was stating a fact which because you don't like it, you treat as an attack. 

So is that an attack?

1 minute ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Good luck to Aberdeen tonight. Should suit them to counter attack and hopefully they can nick an away goal early doors and make it a comfier night. 

I'm afraid that I'm going to put the kybosh on Aberdeen and invest with a turf accountant on a positive outcome for them.

23 minutes ago, Flure said:

I'm afraid that I'm going to put the kybosh on Aberdeen and invest with a turf accountant on a positive outcome for them.

Oh you foolish man! ?

Here's hoping the punters curse doesn't strike tonight. 

2 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

I'd choose him over Maynard.

He justifiably won three free kicks and then was harshly booked.

That shows how little you know about fitbaw tbh.