Signed Up To The Cause? - Page 14 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Signed Up To The Cause?

Interesting to note that a year ago, UKIP's Tory defector, Douglas Carsewell, claimed that Conservative Party membership was probably below 100,000. (The Conservatives no longer reveal how many members they have so nobody knows for sure.)

The SNP now have over 75,000 members.

It is not impossible that over the next month or so, the SNP will become the second largest party in the UK by membership.

There's 26,946 applications to join the SNP still to be processed, which would take their total members to over 100,000.

Tweet from Peter today.

"Peter Murrell Much celebration here @theSNP headquarters as applications awaiting approval is finally less than those we've approved. 26,946 left to do!

4 hours 8 min ago"

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's 26,946 applications to join the SNP still to be processed, which would take their total members to over 100,000.

Tweet from Peter today.

"Peter Murrell Much celebration here @theSNP headquarters as applications awaiting approval is finally less than those we've approved. 26,946 left to do!

4 hours 8 min ago"

I'd have thought that the 26,946 would be included within the members figures previously given?

I'd have thought that the 26,946 would be included within the members figures previously given?

Well I was thinking that too, but I don't think they'd count members before they're actually members.

"Awaiting approval is finally less than those approved..." You would imagine that the running totals we're getting since the 18th of September were the ones they were approving.

I know there's been a push on the streets to sign up people by paper application it takes time to process applications, so I'm hoping that I'm right in my 'good' assumption.

We'll just have to wait and see over the next few days for that proof.

Well I was thinking that too, but I don't think they'd count members before they're actually members.

"Awaiting approval is finally less than those approved..." You would imagine that the running totals we're getting since the 18th of September were the ones they were approving.

I know there's been a push on the streets to sign up people by paper application it takes time to process applications, so I'm hoping that I'm right in my 'good' assumption.

We'll just have to wait and see over the next few days for that proof.

nah , the total must be applications rather than approved applications. it was rising by 1000's per hour - you could not approve that many applications at that rate.

the total given so far must inlcude all applications. they then just have to check and approve them.

nah , the total must be applications rather than approved applications. it was rising by 1000's per hour - you could not approve that many applications at that rate.

the total given so far must inlcude all applications. they then just have to check and approve them.

So we have 75,000 approved and non approved members of the SNP? That really translate to 75,000 members-27,000 non approved members?

By the look of the totals over the last 2 weeks the SNP were averaging around 3500 members a day, maybe due to the rate of how many can be processed in a day.

Well just have to wait and see.

I got an email tonight about the next meeting of the snp in kirkcaldy and its on the same night as the poland ffs so i may have to miss the meeting or watch it at the hotel.Prob miss the meeting as too distracted with the fitba. :-))

I still cannot see the point of this. Our day of glory came and went.

More people voted for independence than voted for the SNP in 2011. When Westminster fails to deliver on the changes Scotland wants then the SNP need to be in a position to take advantage. Continued political engagement is needed to call Westminster out on their shite

A lot of people will have signed up to feel like they are doing something in light of the crushing blow on the 18th.

Certainly is the case for me, its not likely I can do much more than contribute financially from Australia but every little helps.

If you're been away less than 15 years you can register to vote in UK and Scottish elections

Membership currently standing at the wonderful number of 77,777 it appears.

Is Jim Sillars still a member of the SNP ? Noticed he's become a bit more vocal lately (in a positive way) about party affairs and has just backed Keith Brown for the deputy leadership.

Membership currently standing at the wonderful number of 77,777 it appears.

Is Jim Sillars still a member of the SNP ? Noticed he's become a bit more vocal lately (in a positive way) about party affairs and has just backed Keith Brown for the deputy leadership.

I think he is (as of 2012, anyway)... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scotland/9533614/Jim-Sillars-SNP-a-totalitarian-and-intellectually-dumb-party.html

"Mr Sillars, who remains an SNP member despite falling out with the First Minister..."

I really dont know who to support for SNP Deputy as they are both fantastic candidates

I guess if i was pushed i would go for Stewart Hosie. He is really impressive anytime i have heard him talk although he wasnt at his best in one of the latter QT debate type events

But on looking at Keith Brown he is also very good any time he has been interviewed

Cant say i'll be dissapointed in whoever gets it.

Hosie is a fantastic asset at Westminster

Hosie or Brown ?

Two deputies working to one heid-banana. One in Edinburgh, one in Westminster. I guess the SNP head-shed would have to be adjusted to allow this however being able to delegate to two very capable subordinates with a massive workload on the horizon gotta have merit, especially with two capital cities fully involved.