Team for Slovenia - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team for Slovenia

er yir macaroon

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Reevesy said:

"I'm not sure what's expected at Hampden," he said. "I would only implore the supporters to at worst come along and if we're rubbish then boo us.

Mark McGhee

Hopefully that clown will be gone by next week. 

1 hour ago, Reevesy said:

What a complete utter bellend. He looks like a slug who has sat too close to an open fire, and talks like a fckin moron.

The entire team needs to be cleared out, there isnt a hope in hell that we win on Sunday.

3 hours ago, kumnio said:

What a complete utter bellend. He looks like a slug who has sat too close to an open fire, and talks like a fckin moron.

The entire team needs to be cleared out, there isnt a hope in hell that we win on Sunday.

Was he sick the week they did their media training? 

Absolutely clueless. 

Just now, ProudScot said:

He was absolutely mince v England are you kidding!?

ran the ball straight out of play twice!! 

Not my recollection but I could be wrong. 

We were gubbed v Eng and he ran the ball out of play (twice!) plating as right back (not his normal position) .

I don't think that swung the match with all our other failings.

What did you think of his performance last night ?

22 minutes ago, fringo said:

Not my recollection but I could be wrong. 

We were gubbed v Eng and he ran the ball out of play (twice!) plating as right back (not his normal position) .

I don't think that swung the match with all our other failings.

What did you think of his performance last night ?

He wasn't our worst player.

He is far, far worse than Phil Bardsley who should be our right back, if our manager wasn't such a pri*k 

I think the team at the back is pretty much picked.

Gordon, Anya, Tierney, Berra and Mulgrew.

He has no right back alternative unless he asks Tierney to go right. At training the other day Tierney was on the right and Robertson the left so its a possibility. However I am certain Anya will start. 

Midfield

Snodgrass ( albeit after a woeful 90 minutes), Brown, Armstrong, D.Fletcher, Forrest

Forward

S.Fletcher

Personally think the only possible change is Ritchie for Forrest

6 hours ago, Bingo Foot Soldier said:

He has no right back alternative unless he asks Tierney to go right. At training the other day Tierney was on the right and Robertson the left so its a possibility. However I am certain Anya will start. 

Midfield

Snodgrass ( albeit after a woeful 90 minutes), Brown, Armstrong, D.Fletcher, Forrest

Forward

S.Fletcher

I think R.Martin will start.

I think that both Forrest and Ritchie will start. 

everyone has a player who they describe as a joke, a bomb-scare, atrocious - the reality is that no one in the squad is exceptionally bad and no one is exceptionally good. all the players are much of a much with a couple who seem capable of becoming very good. how do you therefore get good performances from such players - you pick those in form and full of confidence and play them in their natural club position. throw in a motivational manager who can see beyond a tired routine formation and you have a Scotland team that will not have teams quaking, but a Scotland team who would easily be challenging for the top of this group. it is a tired comparison but the only evidence that matters is the performance of dozens of limited squads scattered throughout the qualifying groups who have a decent manager or at least a manager who has not outstayed their welcome .

Strachan did the honourable thing at Middlesbrough when he realised his limitations with the team. that makes his intransigence and stubborn mindedness with Scotland even more infuriating. I would say he is now deluded, bordering on senility but then he has support from the SFA, the Scottish "pack" and a few on here who keep banging on about the players. it would make you greet.

10 hours ago, Bingo Foot Soldier said:

Midfield

Forward

S.Fletcher

I think Robertson will start instead of Tierney as Strachan likes him. No idea who's the better player but we all know that doesn't come into in for our manager. 

This team is most of the reason I won't be there. More than half of them are useless and well passed their best. It's time for a major overhaul and that can only happen with a new manager who doesn't just pick his favourites. 

Couple of teams suggested above have 12 players in starting line up..... Would be nice to play an extra man given where we are just now.

I think Strachan will stick with his 4-2-3-1 formation. This is the team I think he will pick, not the one I would go for but.....:

Gordon

Anya           Martin         Mulgrew     Robertson

Brown    D. Fletcher

Forrest              Armstrong            Snodgrass

S. Fletcher  

I could see him picking Matt Ritchie over Forrest or Tierney over Robertson but I think he'll go with what he thinks he knows which will be 9/10 of above team.

54 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

everyone has a player who they describe as a joke, a bomb-scare, atrocious - the reality is that no one in the squad is exceptionally bad

I wish some of the muppets on here would get that. They might prefer some one in a like for like position but all our players are professional footballers and should be capable of some performance, which brings us back to the manager.

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I think Robertson will start instead of Tierney as Strachan likes him. No idea who's the better player but we all know that doesn't come into in for our manager. 

This team is most of the reason I won't be there. More than half of them are useless and well passed their best. It's time for a major overhaul and that can only happen with a new manager who doesn't just pick his favourites. 

I'll help you out - Tierney is a better player than Robertson.