Scotland squad: - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland squad:

kmcca5

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 15/03/2017 at 7:37 PM, Stu101 said:

Agree with Kirk that he was shit on Sunday- but you are correct that the goal here is a formation with both Tierney and Robertson playing together.

I don't get Gordon.  We have a dearth of quality right backs, why not at least giving it a try with Robbo and Tierney on different flanks, 45 minutes against Canada - can't do any harm and if it doesn't work at least he will have given it a go.  As it is likely to be Anya or Martin.

10 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

I don't get Gordon.  We have a dearth of quality right backs, why not at least giving it a try with Robbo and Tierney on different flanks, 45 minutes against Canada - can't do any harm and if it doesn't work at least he will have given it a go.  As it is likely to be Anya or Martin.

Tierney in the paper today saying he's open to playing right back. He went on to say he'll now need to start practising on his right foot. I find it staggering he doesn't spend at least half an hour a day doing that. When wingers close off the space outside a full back they can be forced to clear it on their weak foot. This inevitably leads to sclaffed daisy cutters straight to the opposition. Rangers got pumped out the Champions league twice by David Robertson and once Arthur Numan because of nae right foot. Thought that my cheer some of you up.

I'm surprised at Tierney though, poor show.

10 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

Tierney in the paper today saying he's open to playing right back. He went on to say he'll now need to start practising on his right foot. I find it staggering he doesn't spend at least half an hour a day doing that. When wingers close off the space outside a full back they can be forced to clear it on their weak foot. This inevitably leads to sclaffed daisy cutters straight to the opposition. Rangers got pumped out the Champions league twice by David Robertson and once Arthur Numan because of nae right foot. Thought that my cheer some of you up.

I'm surprised at Tierney though, poor show.

Imagine was a bit tongue in cheek.Maradona,Puskas,Jim Baxter,Arjen Robben all basically one footed.

45 minutes ago, Bannannan said:

Imagine was a bit tongue in cheek.Maradona,Puskas,Jim Baxter,Arjen Robben all basically one footed.

Tierney has the chance of goinng from very good to great. It's criminal not to be working on his weaker foot instead of no doubt sitting about in Nando's. Full back and wing are the two positions where a weak foot really lets a player down.

2 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Tierney has the chance of goinng from very good to great. It's criminal not to be working on his weaker foot instead of no doubt sitting about in Nando's. Full back and wing are the two positions where a weak foot really lets a player down.

Jesus weeped, get a grip man.

6 minutes ago, noctonjock said:

Played really well for leeds yesterday against a very good Brighton team but yes he is prone to the odd mistake 

Agreed watched that game last night and he done well. Makes no more than most of our centre halfs.

Any more injury worries ? Was Morrison passed fit ? 

53 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Hanley, McArthur and Phillips out.

Cooper called up. 

Cooper is dreadful. 

Who else could we call up ?

Off the top of my head the only other Scottish central defenders available are Murray Wallace, Steve Anderson, Paul Hanlon, Darren McGregor, Danny Wilson and Zak Jules.

31 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Off the top of my head the only other Scottish central defenders available are Murray Wallace, Steve Anderson, Paul Hanlon, Darren McGregor, Danny Wilson and Zak Jules.

According to Tony Pulis he is definetly out of the Canada game but could be fit for Sunday. 

42 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Kingsley got a start Saturday

worth a shot as an emergency centre half

which is pretty much where we're at

8 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Liam Lindsay is having a decent season and perhaps deserves a chance. 

Calling up Bardsley might have been a good idea too. 

8 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

I'm amazed he never gets a call. Problem with him and Strachan?...

the problem is Strachan is an idiot

calling on three left backs and no right backs when a right back plays in the premier league can only be described as that

9 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

There's also Considine at Aberdeen but hes used more as a make shift left back nowadays but he still plays the odd game at CB. There's not a chance n hell any of these players would get the call from strachan. Thats a dig at strachan, not these players.

4 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

I'm amazed our journalists never question him on it.

Hey, maybe it's a principled 'the-spirit-not-the-letter' stance on eligibility? Bardsley's dad's holiday birth an' all that...

7 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Phil Bardsley and Danny Wilson would have been worth a call up.

I guess it would be silly not to just start Cooper v Canada now and see what he can do.

Danny Wilson? I can only assume that's a joke. 

6 minutes ago, DonnyTJS said:

Hey, maybe it's a principled 'the-spirit-not-the-letter' stance on eligibility? Bardsley's dad's holiday birth an' all that...

Nah. It's definitely not. Strachan has no issue calling up mercenaries from other countries. 

its interesting that Bardsley hasn't questioned why he isnt being called up as charlie adam has been in the press, adam you would have thought might have mentioned him as well when discussing this if he thought it could be feasible for him to be getting a call up as well. i don't think anyone can dispute now that he isnt getting called up for "football" reasons 

46 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Danny Wilson? I can only assume that's a joke. 

Nah. It's definitely not. Strachan has no issue calling up mercenaries from other countries. 

Nope. If we're down to Liam Cooper then I don't think Wilson is a terrible shout.

He's looked good the last couple of games including the old firm.

7 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Nope. If we're down to Liam Cooper then I don't think Wilson is a terrible shout.

He's looked good the last couple of games including the old firm.

He plays for a team with a defensive record equal to that of Partick and has had time out of the side this season due to poor form (he's only started 3 games this year) and has only been part of 3 clean sheets in the league all season. You've just referenced him because he plays for Rangers. No way is he more deserving of a call up than Liam Lindsay or Steven Anderson. 

However, seen as you don;t watch Scottish football, it's pretty predictable.