Next manager - Page 11 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Next manager

Bennyal

2 hours ago, macy37 said:

And another one using the whanky phrase "left field".

I mean, what the fcuk to Christ is all that about?!

"Left Field"    Definitions. 1. singular noun. If you say that someone or something has come out of left field or is out in left field, you mean that they are untypical, unusual, or strange in some way. ... Left-field means slightly odd or unusual.  It has nothing to do with "christ"  you should chill out you might burst blood vessel in your big toe....was gonny say brain but you are clearly lacking in that department.  

Jordan has 52 caps,, previously played with Leeds, Man Utd and Milan and scored over 100 goals among them, only scottish player to score at three world cups, has played in two european finals,  As a manager he took Bristol City to Promotion, as manager of Hearts he only lost two games in season 91/92 finishing second to Rangers in the league.  He has international experience as assistant to Lawrie Mcmenemy for Northern Ireland.  Has vast experience in premiership with Portsmouth, QPR, Stoke and Spurs.  If you don't like him fine but being abusive about my choice and using expletives is pathetic and shows you up to be nothing more than thick and the type of person that gives this board a bad name.  We are all scotland supporters with opinions that we may not agree with but calling me a "  fckwits " etc makes you look the idiot not me.   So who do you want as manager?

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, bigfathagiz said:

"Left Field"    Definitions. 1. singular noun. If you say that someone or something has come out of left field or is out in left field, you mean that they are untypical, unusual, or strange in some way. ... Left-field means slightly odd or unusual.  It has nothing to do with "christ"  you should chill out you might burst blood vessel in your big toe....was gonny say brain but you are clearly lacking in that department.  

Jordan has 52 caps,, previously played with Leeds, Man Utd and Milan and scored over 100 goals among them, only scottish player to score at three world cups, has played in two european finals,  As a manager he took Bristol City to Promotion, as manager of Hearts he only lost two games in season 91/92 finishing second to Rangers in the league.  He has international experience as assistant to Lawrie Mcmenemy for Northern Ireland.  Has vast experience in premiership with Portsmouth, QPR, Stoke and Spurs.  If you don't like him fine but being abusive about my choice and using expletives is pathetic and shows you up to be nothing more than thick and the type of person that gives this board a bad name.  We are all scotland supporters with opinions that we may not agree with but calling me a "  fckwits " etc makes you look the idiot not me.   So who do you want as manager?

So, he scored some important goals in the 70s and 80s although his overall goals to games ratio is poor. He had a couple of reasonable spells as a manager 25 years ago and has been an assistant manager since then and has never shown any inclination to be a manager again.

On the plus side, he can take his false teeth out and be quite scary.

There are about 100 better qualified candidates than Joe Jordan. 

2 hours ago, macy37 said:

The fckwits who are touting Joe Jordan.....just go and tell me on what basis you are touting him please....go on......

As you can see from above he has the experience and would be respected by players but he was never my first choice and I was not "touting him" he was in a group of a load of guys who will not get near the managers job.....you obviously canny tell what a tongue and cheek comment is

1 minute ago, aaid said:

So, he scored some important goals in the 70s and 80s although his overall goals to games ratio is poor. He had a couple of reasonable spells as a manager 25 years ago and has been an assistant manager since then and has never shown any inclination to be a manager again.

On the plus side, he can take his false teeth out and be quite scary.

There are about 100 better qualified candidates than Joe Jordan. 

So who would you choose?  that's twice I have asked you that, you avoiding the question I mean you have 100 to choose from canny be hard to pick one.   Please don't come back with abusive comments It's not clever or nice and it makes you look stupid.

14 minutes ago, bigfathagiz said:

Let's be honest my fckwit comment is spot on. 

36 minutes ago, bigfathagiz said:

So who would you choose?  that's twice I have asked you that, you avoiding the question I mean you have 100 to choose from canny be hard to pick one.   Please don't come back with abusive comments It's not clever or nice and it makes you look stupid.

You're the only one looking stupid here, champ.

Just checked oddschecker to see the latest odds after Lambert appointment at Molineux and its Eck thats new fav with, amazingly, Lambert 2nd fav and, ffs, MOYES 3rd fav, McInnes gone down the odds :O.

Anyone willing to post a link as I am on phone so can't.

Anyway, I would happily take Joe Jordan as long as he has a good coaching team, I mean, he has worked alongside Harry Redknapp at numerous clubs so must have picked up a few things from him lol.

Moyes as Scotland manager would be a disaster. Keep clear of him.

Think we can safely say that this guy has been shown up now for the piss poor manager he is.

And before someone says "but Sir Alex rated him" - well, "Sir Alex" also rated Carlos Queiroz and René Meulensteen.

Bit harsh on Moyes.

Man Utd were and continue to be a complete mess. The squad is still poor, despite £450 odd million spent on it since Moyes left. Certainly doesn't seem like Moyes was the problem there. Looking at the transfers he made (all 2 of them) he didn't get any backing or any time to do anything.

Then Sociedad.. came in mid season to a new country. It's not easy coming in mid-season to a club, let alone in a league you've not worked in before. Didn't work out, it happens.

Now Sunderland. What a poison chalice they were at the start of the season. A threadbare squad.. and yet they spent less than the likes of Swansea and Bournemouth. Throw in some unease in the dressing room with Kone essentially making himself unavailable, demanding a move and I'm not sure anyone's going to have done particularly well with them. From what I've seen tho (not a huge amount) they've not been playing the worst football. The results see them pretty much within a goal in most games, it's not like they're being turned over 4 or 5 - nil every week. Seems the Sunderland fans are not wanting Moyes ousted, they realise the problems are higher up at the club, and hope to hold onto him for the longer term.

That said, he's a club manager, not an international manager for me. I wish him well at club level, but wouldn't want him in the Scotland job.

Edited by andyD

Some absolute belters on this thread. Joe Jordan? Davie Moyes? What the f***? This is why Scotland is a footballing backwater. If it's not supporters ruled by the heart, it's the SFA promoting a Yes man who wont upset the apple cart.

If, and when (and I think he will walk after the England game), the vacancy should be posted far and wide and we should aspire to interview only the best and most qualified candidates, not those who did Scotland a turn 30 years ago. It is hugely important the SFA get this next appointment right because it's clearly the Scotland support is losing heart in the national team - not just from a footballing point of view but the wider SFA setup is becoming too much for many to tolerate further.

IMO, Scottish managers are right down the list for me. There's no real Scottish candidate that stands out and I think the players need the discipline and respect a quality foreign manager would hopefully bring. If they're willing to speak their mind on Scottish football, even better.

Strachan seems to be an awe of any player who has played in the EPL. The players look far too relaxed under him and he has constantly failed to send them onto the pitch fired up to get a result. The players should be in awe of the next manager who needs to be tactically astute and a good man manager capable of grinding out results.

Edited by Saint4805

4 minutes ago, Saint4805 said:

Strachan seems to be an awe of any player who is or has played in the EPL. The players look far too relaxed under him and he has constantly failed to send them onto the pitch fired up to get a result. The players should be in awe of the next manager who needs to be able to tactically astute and a good man manager capable of grinding out results.

you've just described Walter Smith

1 hour ago, Auld_Reekie said:

Some absolute belters on this thread. Joe Jordan? Davie Moyes? What the f***? This is why Scotland is a footballing backwater. If it's not supporters ruled by the heart, it's the SFA promoting a Yes man who wont upset the apple cart.

If, and when (and I think he will walk after the England game), the vacancy should be posted far and wide and we should aspire to interview only the best and most qualified candidates, not those who did Scotland a turn 30 years ago. It is hugely important the SFA get this next appointment right because it's clearly the Scotland support is losing heart in the national team - not just from a footballing point of view but the wider SFA setup is becoming too much for many to tolerate further.

IMO, Scottish managers are right down the list for me. There's no real Scottish candidate that stands out and I think the players need the discipline and respect a quality foreign manager would hopefully bring. If they're willing to speak their mind on Scottish football, even better.

Don't disagree with your sentiment AR but I think you might be seriously overestimating the quality of candidate that would be the least bit interested in the Scotland job.

Pay peanuts get monkeys as they say. 

On 11/5/2016 at 3:55 AM, romanticscot said:

I was rereading the thread and Malky Mackay was a guy I felt deserved more caps, but sadly has a controversial history. A name I'd admired and would be a good fit and talented would be Chris Hughton. Not an illustrious career but has organized teams that meet expectations,

Mentioned hughton  earlier on in the thread .......he is the man ye want.  Wonderful manager and was a really good player. Won the uefa cup and fa cup and had a succesful international career (was in our euro 88 and wc 90 squads) .Seems to get the best out of his players and is highly respected ....also has international coaching experience already as he was the republics assistant manager bout 10 years ago.

Neil warnock. Plenty of experience of getting improved performances from piss poor championship teams. ...which is where a fair few of our squad are....might ruffle a few feathers along the way.    

49 minutes ago, gusmac said:

Neil warnock. Plenty of experience of getting improved performances from piss poor championship teams. ...which is where a fair few of our squad are....might ruffle a few feathers along the way.    

:ok: Been saying this for years.

10 hours ago, gusmac said:

No thanks. Why? Well if their own (England) won't go near him even in their desperate times of late that kind of says it all. I'd sooner look abroad.