Bye bye Gordon - Page 13 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bye bye Gordon

Squirrelhumper

3 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

In his late 60s, manger of the biggest club in the world and you wonder why he turned down the chance to take on an additional job on a part time basis? Heart attack waiting to happen.

He was also ruling himself out way before he got to that age though and it is hardly a full-time job in any case.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SFA have now announced that "sometime, over the next few days" they'll be having talks with GS about recent results, and he is said to be considering his future.

"Sometime, over the next few days"  ??  Aren't they aware we've got a very important fixture coming up in less than a month from now?

They need to sort this matter out NOW.

Calm down. It'll be sorted soon enough, it's not like the incoming manger (if there is to be one) will get longer with the players because he's appointed a few days earlier.

Better to give it a minute for the dust to settle and have a sensible conversation about it.
And not giving a date of when discussions will take place means they can have more than 1 meeting, without the press hounding the crap out of everyone involved demanding answers before there are any.

16 minutes ago, MikeyGC said:

Reports seem to be emerging stating that Strachan is to stay for the England game. Thoughts?

Pathetic. The sfa are clowns without testicles. He must go now, giving him the Wembley game is absolutely vile. We will never progress with these fannies in charge. 

26 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37644335

strachan staying on :-( 

Mixed feelings on this although don't doubt he'll go when the inevitable pumping off a mince England team comes.  Having thought about it since Tuesday's shambles there are plenty of candidates I feel could take us forward.  The most frustrating aspect is his stubbornness in terms of team selection and formation.

25 minutes ago, Hercules Rockefeller said:

Mixed feelings on this although don't doubt he'll go when the inevitable pumping off a mince England team comes.  Having thought about it since Tuesday's shambles there are plenty of candidates I feel could take us forward.  The most frustrating aspect is his stubbornness in terms of team selection and formation.

Dissapointed if this is true. Feel its a cop out to be using the excuse that the England game is to close. Plenty of candidates available now.

My biggest fear is that we get the gallant bounce back performance, loose narrowly or cheated out a point and he keeps his job only for it all to fall apart again March v Slovenia and then we really are screwed.

18 minutes ago, bossman4 said:

Dissapointed if this is true. Feel its a cop out to be using the excuse that the England game is to close. Plenty of candidates available now.

My biggest fear is that we get the gallant bounce back performance, loose narrowly or cheated out a point and he keeps his job only for it all to fall apart again March v Slovenia and then we really are screwed.

See where you're coming from but gut instinct tells me he'll do the decent thing and resign if we lose to England no matter what the circumstances are

3 minutes ago, Hercules Rockefeller said:

See where you're coming from but gut instinct tells me he'll do the decent thing and resign if we lose to England no matter what the circumstances are

Hopefully that's the case if we do indeed loose. Still believe even if we do loose that 2nd place is salvagable. Whether its would be enought to avoid worst 2nd place I'm not sure.

2 years ago we played quality football with strachan in charge ..... germany + poland away ...... looked like a proper football team. what's happened? it is totally unexplainable how it's gone backwards so much. there were signs at the ireland games that the play wasnt quite as good, but its totally accelerated since then.

Edited by ger intae them
missed a bit

Whilst I think Strachan's time is up, if he fell on his sword now then you can even assured McGhee would have been given the gig on a caretaker basis the thought of which fills me with horror for such a big game. Stick with the lesser of two evils just now which whilst not palatable is the only real option at this time. The only saving grace is that we would have four months to find a new manager if Strachan walked post-Wembley.

Edited by King Of Paisley

43 minutes ago, King Of Paisley said:

Whilst I think Strachan's time is up, if he fell on his sword now then you can even assured McGhee would have been given the gig on a caretaker basis the thought of which fills me with horror for such a big game. Stick with the lesser of two evils just now which whilst not palatable is the only real option at this time. The only saving grace is that we would have four months to find a new manager if Strachan walked post-Wembley.

I almost agree. My concern is that, due to the fact he's not been sacked already, that avoiding a humping at Wembley will see him stay in the long term. I don't know whether the SFA have the balls to boot him. 

22 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I almost agree. My concern is that, due to the fact he's not been sacked already, that avoiding a humping at Wembley will see him stay in the long term. I don't know whether the SFA have the balls to boot him. 

Even a narrow defeat at Wembley might be enough to tip him over the edge and bow out gracefully, kinda like he did at Middlesbrough. I don't think he is cut from the same cloth as Levein where the latters arrogance and contempt led him to completely outstaying his welcome. As for the SFA, whilst I have no time for that organisation they are in a damned if they do, damned if they don't position now. If they bagged him now, then some would accuse them of a knee jerk reaction so close to Wembley. If they hang on then they are accused of dithering from other quarters. 

As an aside, I'm sad it's came to all of this. Despite being frustrated as hell at the likes of the one up front/Chris Martin experiment which ain't working and the slump in form I still like Strachan. I can't bring myself to boo him like I did with Levein. Strachan strikes me as a decent guy who is a Scotland fan as well as manager who is as desperate for success as we all are. Sadly, I can't see any way out of this rut we are in. Hence the reasons why I think his time has come and gone.

Edited by King Of Paisley