Celtic V Rangers - Page 9 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Celtic V Rangers

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never at anytime in the game did Rangers look in control which is the most observant aspect of it

Got a goal out of nothing before half time and the curling shot just by the post after half time was the sum total of their attacking presence.

Clearly playing an unfit past his best Kranjcar was a boob

In sum total 5-1 was a score going on 7 or 8

However all things considered & looking ahead it was the best thing that could have happened to Rangers

20 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

I'm a Jags fan mate- so I come with a built in sense of humour:banghead:!

24 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

that was a funny? you are probably better sticking some emoji's on to your posts to let folks know...

Haha believe me lads, I'm trying my absolute hardest to remain upbeat today. 

I haven't seen much of the game, but having seen what Celtic did to a weak Motherwell midfield, I was surprised to see the Rangers team, and that Warburton ditched his 2 holding midfielders.

It wasn't working against weaker sides, but looking at the line up only Barton of the midfield 4/5 is defensive minded at all.

Surely that was suicidal?

Krancjar has talent, but was surely a luxury they couldn't afford today, certainly not without more defence minded midfield players to cover his ground.

The media hype this match so much.  Anyone with half a clue could see Rangers would get a doing in this game and will get many similar defeats especially away from home this season. Even in winning the championship last season their away form was poor only winning one from six at Hibs Falkirk and Raith, the better teams in that league, so what's going to happen when they go to Celtic Aberdeen and Hearts etc. The signings they have made look like has beens and duds, they are arguably a poorer team than what they were last season, but the media hype them up as league challengers. 

6 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

There is no point in being bitter mate. We got humped, simple as that.  I would agree, it's two games we will struggle in, no question. 

Tuesday doesn't really matter. Just getting there had to be the aim for you. 

Tuesday matters in my eyes. No amount of budget pish will be accepted from me. If we get humped 5-0 it will be a sign of the neglect we've paid to the team/manager more than anything else over the last 2 years!

40 minutes ago, slasher said:

Tuesday matters in my eyes. No amount of budget pish will be accepted from me. If we get humped 5-0 it will be a sign of the neglect we've paid to the team/manager more than anything else over the last 2 years!

Agree,an intelligent game plan and 100% effort is a must.

2 hours ago, macy37 said:

That desperate interview the bloke that's lost his hat gave....what game was he talking about and what card was he on about which led to his assistant being punted upstairs?

it was just standard managerial denial and deflection.

Blaming the ref for not sending off a Celtic player to even things up.

An easy victory and with a margin that truly encapsulates the gulf between the teams. Atmosphere sounded terrific with different songs and chants throughout and the whole stadium was involved which hasn't been the case for a while. The Rangers songbook was the usual tripe and proved that we are miles ahead on the park as well as embracing a different kind of fan culture.

I've seen Dembele live twice this season and he has looked like a dumpling so pleasantly surprised by his performance today. The whole team was excellent today however Lustig still worries me and will be taken to the cleaners by better opposition but thats a worry for another time.