Scotland Players In Action 2016/17 - Page 32 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action 2016/17

ErsatzThistle

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 02/01/2017 at 6:33 PM, er yir macaroon said:

Thanks, i was meaning in 2 or 3 years time. What about pace and technique? 

He has a good turn of pace and he's a big, tall lad.  Like OLAS says, though, he is prone to rashness, although he has improved a wee bit of late in this regard.  In spite of being tall I still think he struggles with the physical aspects of defending at times though.  He played well enough against Dundee last week but their big forward (Haber?) gave him a bit of a hard time.

However, he's still young and is showing signs of steady improvement.  The fact that a club like Leeds apparently see potential in him is very encouraging from a Scotland perspective, although with my club hat on I'd be sad to see him leave at this point in time (unless a significant transfer fee is involved!).

3 minutes ago, scotlad said:

He has a good turn of pace and he's a big, tall lad.  Like OLAS says, though, he is prone to rashness, although he has improved a wee bit of late in this regard.  In spite of being tall I still think he struggles with the physical aspects of defending at times though.  He played well enough against Dundee last week but their big forward (Haber?) gave him a bit of a hard time.

However, he's still young and is showing signs of steady improvement.  The fact that a club like Leeds apparently see potential in him is very encouraging from a Scotland perspective, although with my club hat on I'd be sad to see him leave at this point in time (unless a significant transfer fee is involved!).

Sounds promising, only 21 so he'll fill out in a couple of years and hopefully learn when to tackle.

Anyone else think our attacking midfield options are looking good for the future

Burke  Armstrong Fraser in behind the striker looks great to me.....................just a pity we can't produce a bloody defender

Just for clarity, I am not saying Fraser should walk into the team but he is on top form against some of the EPLs best. He's torn Liverpool and Arsenal to pieces lately.

7 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Anyone else think our attacking midfield options are looking good for the future

Burke  Armstrong Fraser in behind the striker looks great to me.....................just a pity we can't produce a bloody defender

Just for clarity, I am not saying Fraser should walk into the team but he is on top form against some of the EPLs best. He's torn Liverpool and Arsenal to pieces lately.

I agree, but would add Snodgrass,    McKay  and Phillips as competition.

1 minute ago, er yir macaroon said:

I agree, but would add Snodgrass,    McKay  and Phillips as competition.

Only going with Highlights but Mckay looked good in the OF match. I know nothing of Phillips but agree on Snodgrass. Attacking midfield options are great its just everywhere else we suck

Guest BlueGaz

McKay is very good when on form, if I have one criticism of him it would be his consistency this year.  Good start, dip in the middle then decent recently again.  Exciting player when on form.  No left foot though, which lets him down a wee bit when playing on the left and hitting the bye line.

still a bit light in the central positions but out wide we have some exciting midfield players coming though.

gauld, fraser, mckay, armstrong all on form just now. would hope for at least two of them to be in the next squad.

Add in snodgrass and burke we have a lot of attacking midfield options, unfortunately with dembele's performance on the 31st griffiths will probably struggle for game time over the next couple of months and we don't have any other strikers on form

dont even want to think about our defence 

Edited by LewisEDI

27 minutes ago, LewisEDI said:

still a bit light in the central positions but out wide we have some exciting midfield players coming though.

gauld, fraser, mckay, armstrong all on form just now. would hope for at least two of them to be in the next squad.

Add in snodgrass and burke we have a lot of attacking midfield options, unfortunately with dembele's performance on the 31st griffiths will probably struggle for game time over the next couple of months and we don't have any other strikers on form

dont even want to think about our defence 

Our nations form players in the attacking third;

Snodgrass, Armstrong, McKay, Fraser, Phillips.

Jay Fulton also getting a regular game is good to see - Don't have many young CM's playing at a good level.

Defence agreed is a horrible thought,

Another horrible thought is that Strcahan probably won't pick half the players named above despite them being on form and playing regular. Sigh.