Scotland Players In Action 2016/17 - Page 36 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action 2016/17

ErsatzThistle

41 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/harry-souttar-delighted-to-be-playing-for-stoke-after-red-tape-held-up-debut/story-30049893-detail/story.html

Harry Souttar impressing in the FA Youth Cup.

Obviously a long way off but could do with a 6'7 centre half in the squad once he's had a bit of first team action!

Not really needed to play for Scotland these days :banghead:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, ProudScot said:

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/harry-souttar-delighted-to-be-playing-for-stoke-after-red-tape-held-up-debut/story-30049893-detail/story.html

Harry Souttar impressing in the FA Youth Cup.

Obviously a long way off but could do with a 6'7 centre half in the squad once he's had a bit of first team action!

encouraging words from his coach.

40 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Maybe the Souttars are the future for our central defence...

We can hope. There's not an awful lot of names that are leaping out as pushing to be involved soon.

Alex Davey is 22 now, and has at least been playing regularly even if it's in League Two. Fingers crossed he'll get a new loan for the 2nd half of the season.

Paul McKay went out on loan to League One and played 1 cup game. Kyle Cameron can't get a game in League Two. Nor can Alex Iacovitti.

The rest of the u21s all seem to be playing reserve team football.

Ross McCrorie of Rangers is getting regular game time at Ayr.. he's only 18, so that's good I guess.

It's a struggle to see a lot of promise in that position, and given our massive weakness in depth right now that's bad, bad news. Fingers crossed someone comes from somewhere, Kingsley could drop into a central position, but I'm not sure he's really tall enough for it.

12 minutes ago, andyD said:

We can hope. There's not an awful lot of names that are leaping out as pushing to be involved soon.

Alex Davey is 22 now, and has at least been playing regularly even if it's in League Two. Fingers crossed he'll get a new loan for the 2nd half of the season.

Paul McKay went out on loan to League One and played 1 cup game. Kyle Cameron can't get a game in League Two. Nor can Alex Iacovitti.

Ross McCrorie of Rangers is getting regular game time at Ayr.. he's only 18, so that's good I guess.

It's a struggle to see a lot of promise in that position, and given our massive weakness in depth right now that's bad, bad news. Fingers crossed someone comes from somewhere, Kingsley could drop into a central position, but I'm not sure he's really tall enough for it.

Paul McKay hasn't been on loan anywhere since moving to Leeds. His brother Jack is on loan at Airdrie just now.

Iacovitti is back playing for Forest's youth teams, he's still only 19.

Cameron looked a total Garry Kenneth Mk. II in the footage I've seen of him playing for our youth teams.

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 6:06 PM, andyD said:

Yes it's concerning isn't it.

Even looking at the next game - Hutton retired, Paterson injured, Bardsley injured and wouldn't get picked by Strachan anyway.. Leaves who for right back?!

May be worth just going with a youngster than dragging out some deadwood or putting Anya there again after his embarrassing showing v England.

2 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

Liam Lyndsay, Jamie McCart and the lad Rangers signed, Bates. Worth keeping an eye on perhaps.

Why is Bates worth keeping an eye on?

Your Barry McKay love is starting to make sense. 

Edited by Parklife

On 11/01/2017 at 7:56 PM, Scout said:

3-5-2 pick players that are on form so team can change - football is all about opinions- here's one team providing they are all playing 

Marshall 

fletcher (yes dropped back) - Mulgrew- Tierney

Anya McArthur Armstrong Ritchie Robertson 

Snodgrass Phillips 

subs from 

Gordon - Martin - Wallace -Dorrans-  Morrison- Cairney - Burke - Fraser - Naismith- Adam - Gallagher 

So we just play no strikers?

On 11/01/2017 at 10:51 PM, jamboman said:

Our best team is this - 3-5-2

Marshall

Martin (hopefully souttar) Berra Mulgrew (hopefully Lindsay soon)

Paterson (anya for now) MacArthur Brown Armstrong Robertson (tierney)

Snodgrass

griffiths

this team are fit, hard working, and tough to break down and most important - WILL GIVE ALL

Looks like 10 players? Brackets confusing matters maybe?

6 hours ago, andyD said:

Mascherano isn't that tall, he's good at football though 

9 hours ago, Kirk said:

Mascherano isn't that tall, he's good at football though 

Comparing Stephen Kingsley to Maschareno.  That's the biggest laugh I've had since people on here were comparing Barry Bannan to Xavi. 

On ‎14‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 10:09 AM, aaid said:

Comparing Stephen Kingsley to Maschareno.  That's the biggest laugh I've had since people on here were comparing Barry Bannan to Xavi

Yes I'm glad that's over. Sadly though, Bannan's international career isn't yet.

17 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Paul McKay hasn't been on loan anywhere since moving to Leeds. His brother Jack is on loan at Airdrie just now.

Iacovitti is back playing for Forest's youth teams, he's still only 19.

Cameron looked a total Garry Kenneth Mk. II in the footage I've seen of him playing for our youth teams.

The McKay brothers are dreadful. They'll enjoy careers at Gateshead and the like.

3 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

is McCart?

You tell me. At least he's played for Celtic. 

Youre picking out Bates for the sole reason that he plays for Rangers. There's even a Rangers fan on here's who's said Bates looked poor at under 20 level!