Predictions - Page 11 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Predictions

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We deserve what we get. Watch Westminster screw us royally, but it's fine, we welcomed it. Utterly utterly fcked off with everything, I've had enough.

Hard to disagree. Absolutely incredible. Whole world watching and we say No.

As I said, I expect Salmond will step down tomorrow and the first thing Nicola should do is dissolve Scottish Government and hand it over to No parties.

Im actually thinking we could get pumped here - anything less than 45% is a pumping given the recent surge toward Yes.

So... the opinion polls seemed to have settled on roughly 52% No, 48% yes

A lot of people thought this was always underestimating the Yes vote

Right now it looks as if it was overestimating it

So: what happened?

Ginormous turnouts in the No-voting areas...

So... the opinion polls seemed to have settled on roughly 52% No, 48% yes

A lot of people thought this was always underestimating the Yes vote

Right now it looks as if it was overestimating it

So: what happened?

Ginormous turnouts in the No-voting areas...

It's the shy no voters that have done it. Just like the shy Tories that voted in major in 1992.

The pollsters had no previous vote to compare them with.

My anger is boiling over!! A no vote because some folk were scared of interest rate rises etc etc etc. So ing selfish!

When im older and my grandchildren ask me about the time our great country missed out on independence i'll be able to look them in the eye and tell them that I did all I could.

My anger is boiling over!! A no vote because some folk were scared of interest rate rises etc etc etc. So ing selfish!

When im older and my grandchildren ask me about the time our great country missed out on independence i'll be able to look them in the eye and tell them that I did all I could.

It's not just selfish, it's so fecking short-sighted. They don't realise that over the next 10 years, anything Scottish society owned will be gone. Say tatty bye to free higher education, public NHS and any idea that Holyrood can operate independently from Westminster.

It's not just selfish, it's so fecking short-sighted. They don't realise that over the next 10 years, anything Scottish society owned will be gone. Say tatty bye to free higher education, public NHS and any idea that Holyrood can operate independently from Westminster.

I don't understand that at all. Sorry, i don't believe it.

I don't understand that at all. Sorry, i don't believe it.

Well first of all the SNP won't stay in power in Holyrood forever so as soon as Labour get back in with the Lib Dems say hello to tuition fees. Westminster are cutting the NHS budget in England via privatisation so Scotland's block grant will drop leading to a cut or privatisation in the NHS up here to cover the shortfall. Labour have came out and said they want to align their policies between Holyrood and Westminster so there goes the difference between Scottish and English policy. These extra devolution proposals will result in Scotland getting less money in the block grant and having to raise taxes to keep the Scottish budget from dropping to drastically. This will result in capital flight as rich folk won't want to pay more taxes up here if they can pay less by moving a bit south.

Well first of all the SNP won't stay in power in Holyrood forever so as soon as Labour get back in with the Lib Dems say hello to tuition fees. Westminster are cutting the NHS budget in England via privatisation so Scotland's block grant will drop leading to a cut or privatisation in the NHS up here to cover the shortfall. Labour have came out and said they want to align their policies between Holyrood and Westminster so there goes the difference between Scottish and English policy. These extra devolution proposals will result in Scotland getting less money in the block grant and having to raise taxes to keep the Scottish budget from dropping to drastically. This will result in capital flight as rich folk won't want to pay more taxes up here if they can pay less by moving a bit south.

All correct! Personally, I am absolutely stunned that the people of North Britain have, in effect, voted for the end of free education.