Predictions - Page 12 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Predictions

Well first of all the SNP won't stay in power in Holyrood forever so as soon as Labour get back in with the Lib Dems say hello to tuition fees. Westminster are cutting the NHS budget in England via privatisation so Scotland's block grant will drop leading to a cut or privatisation in the NHS up here to cover the shortfall. Labour have came out and said they want to align their policies between Holyrood and Westminster so there goes the difference between Scottish and English policy. These extra devolution proposals will result in Scotland getting less money in the block grant and having to raise taxes to keep the Scottish budget from dropping to drastically. This will result in capital flight as rich folk won't want to pay more taxes up here if they can pay less by moving a bit south.

Add in Brown putting his tuppence in around integrating our eductional system to the UK. There will be a dismantling of the distinctive specifically Scottish institutions in order to integrate us within the UK.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking back at this thread it is very similar to a post-draw, pre-big scotland game.

Unbridled optimism with probably only 10% of folk forecasting No.

Bit of a let down that the (very hard working) Yes campaigners and canvassers got it so wrong :(

Add in Brown putting his tuppence in around integrating our eductional system to the UK. There will be a dismantling of the distinctive specifically Scottish institutions in order to integrate us within the UK.

I didn't catch that part. I'm honestly feeling like a part of me has died. Scotland isn't a country in any meaningful sense of the world.

Well first of all the SNP won't stay in power in Holyrood forever so as soon as Labour get back in with the Lib Dems say hello to tuition fees. Westminster are cutting the NHS budget in England via privatisation so Scotland's block grant will drop leading to a cut or privatisation in the NHS up here to cover the shortfall. Labour have came out and said they want to align their policies between Holyrood and Westminster so there goes the difference between Scottish and English policy. These extra devolution proposals will result in Scotland getting less money in the block grant and having to raise taxes to keep the Scottish budget from dropping to drastically. This will result in capital flight as rich folk won't want to pay more taxes up here if they can pay less by moving a bit south.

I don't see it.

What we can learn from the past 10 years is that Scotland likes the SNP and trusts it to stand up for Scotland against Westminster.

What we learn from tonight is that we're not quite confident enough to be fully independent.

Any party that tries to row back on Holyrood's power or bring in unpopular policies will be punished heavily, resulting in hopefully another SNP majority- meaning another referendum.

Looking back at this thread it is very similar to a post-draw, pre-big scotland game.

Unbridled optimism with probably only 10% of folk forecasting No.

Bit of a let down that the (very hard working) Yes campaigners and canvassers got it so wrong :(

Spot on :(

Prediction: North Britain will return 50 Labour MP's in 2015. The Tories will get in thanks to English votes and the whole fkin depressing, monotonous cycle will begin again.

This was our chance and we didn't have the guts. Fkin laughing stock of the world and we deserve to be. Never felt ashamed to be Scottish before but I am now. This "country" is finished.

Prediction: North Britain will return 50 Labour MP's in 2015. The Tories will get in thanks to English votes and the whole fkin depressing, monotonous cycle will begin again.

This was our chance and we didn't have the guts. Fkin laughing stock of the world and we deserve to be. Never felt ashamed to be Scottish before but I am now. This "country" is finished.

Get a grip!

I don't see it.

What we can learn from the past 10 years is that Scotland likes the SNP and trusts it to stand up for Scotland against Westminster.

What we learn from tonight is that we're not quite confident enough to be fully independent.

Any party that tries to row back on Holyrood's power or bring in unpopular policies will be punished heavily, resulting in hopefully another SNP majority- meaning another referendum.

Spot on :(

The SNP will have their budget cut. They will be backed into a corner, have to make unpopular decisions, either increase tax or cut services, and will be voted out. That is the whole purpose of these so-called extra powers. Did you not hear Brown say that with extra powers it will be up to the Scottish government adjust their budget to keep the NHS in public hands? They will make sure the only way this can happen is by raising taxes.

Labour will get in and will have the support of either Labour or their tory mates in WM. Privatisation will then be brought in as everything in North Britain is brought in to line with England and Wales. This is what it was all about for Labour. Power at any cost. Party before (my) country. Their mission for the referendum, to seriously damage the SNP has been achieved. I fukkin hate them for what they've done. If they'd backed Yes we would've been celebrating right now.

The SNP should resign government now and let that Lamont cow run the place.

The SNP will have their budget cut. They will be backed into a corner, have to make unpopular decisions, either increase tax or cut services, and will be voted out. That is the whole purpose of these so-called extra powers. Did you not hear Brown say that with extra powers it will be up to the Scottish government adjust their budget to keep the NHS in public hands? They will make sure the only way this can happen is by raising taxes.

Any reduction in funding will be in full view of the Scottish electorate.

If the barnet formula is scrapped, or whatever mechanism they use to 'punish' Scotland, it will not go unnoticed.

Labour will get in and will have the support of either Labour or their tory mates in WM. Privatisation will then be brought in as everything in North Britain is brought in to line with England and Wales. This is what it was all about for Labour. Power at any cost. Party before (my) country. Their mission for the referendum, to seriously damage the SNP has been achieved. I fukkin hate them for what they've done. If they'd backed Yes we would've been celebrating right now.

IMO the SNP have become the natural party of government for Scotland. The base (i.e. you and me) will be gutted by this referendum result, but the party will continue.

The SNP should resign government now and let that Lamont cow run the place.

I can understand that sentiment, but it would be a massive tactical mistake by the main party of the pro-independence movement.

Any reduction in funding will be in full view of the Scottish electorate.

If the barnet formula is scrapped, or whatever mechanism they use to 'punish' Scotland, it will not go unnoticed.

IMO the SNP have become the natural party of government for Scotland. The base (i.e. you and me) will be gutted by this referendum result, but the party will continue.

I can understand that sentiment, but it would be a massive tactical mistake by the main party of the pro-independence movement.

The SNP have lost their only bargaining chip . Westminster can do whatever they like now with the full backing of the Scottish populace. We've seen how dirty they can play. They still have the backing of every media outlet when it comes to Scottish matters. Scotland will be punished and they will make sure there is never another referendum. All IMO.