Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 69 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

46 minutes ago, slasher said:

At 29 I'm not sure Hayes is worth much more than Cardiff are offering. Frankly if they can agree a fee he'd be daft to turn down a 3 or 4 year deal on the kind of money he'll get down there!

Would Hayes be in Sellicks starting 11 Slasher?

9 minutes ago, slasher said:

Not in his position on the left no. He wouldn't get in ahead of Sinclair or Tierney but he's a good player for sure.

I was thinking more of Sinclair myself. 

I honestly do not think there is much between them. (When you take how Celtic set up and the players they have)

Now, Sinclair is around 18 months (I think) or so younger than Hayes. How much is Sinclair worth?

I'm not picking a fight, just looking at (one of the many) comparables.

37 minutes ago, Redz said:

I was thinking more of Sinclair myself. 

I honestly do not think there is much between them. (When you take how Celtic set up and the players they have)

Now, Sinclair is around 18 months (I think) or so younger than Hayes. How much is Sinclair worth?

I'm not picking a fight, just looking at (one of the many) comparables.

Sinclair has shown himself at a much higher level. Albeit a while ago and has done nothing in years, which is why he's came up here. 

Hayes would walk into an SPFL XI. Anyone that says otherwise is a feckin idiot. 

I'll guarantee you if Cardiff were sniffing around James Forrest (lol), the same twats who know feck all about about football would be saying Forrest was a 5 million pound player. 

James Forrest is 25 and still has time to develop. He has been excellent this season and has added to his game. I don't see Hayes every week but in all honesty other than be a good player at Inverness and Aberdeen at SPFL level what has he done? Has he broken into the Ireland squad? How many goals has he scored this season? How many mom awards has he had? 

Not looking for an argument but you're not comparing like with like and calling people morons because they have a different opinion is..... well... moronic!

14 minutes ago, slasher said:

James Forrest is 25 and still has time to develop. He has been excellent this season and has added to his game. I don't see Hayes every week but in all honesty other than be a good player at Inverness and Aberdeen at SPFL level what has he done? Has he broken into the Ireland squad? How many goals has he scored this season? How many mom awards has he had? 

Not looking for an argument but you're not comparing like with like and calling people morons because they have a different opinion is..... well... moronic!

Er, Hayes has won a couple of caps for Ireland in the last year, I'm pretty sure.  And they've both scored six goals in 24 games or so this season, although Hayes has done it for Aberdeen rather than Celtic, which is surely a more impressive feat. 

Edited by adamntg

20 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Er, Hayes has won a couple of caps for Ireland in the last year, I'm pretty sure.  And they've both scored six goals in 24 games or so this season, although Hayes has done it for Aberdeen rather than Celtic, which is surely a more impressive feat. 

That's like trying to argue that Boyce is better than Griffiths and Dembele. 

Hayes is a good players and Aberdeen should do all they can to keep him but he'd be a squad player for Celtic.

11 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

That's like trying to argue that Boyce is better than Griffiths and Dembele. 

You're about as good at analogies as you are at being objective. 

All of the flock gathering now....Nicely done Redz! ?

It's another pointless argument on the tamb as Hayes wouldn't get anywhere near a move to Celtic. This'll probably be his last long term contract so I'll be surprised if he doesn't take the money on offer from Cardiff if he gets the opportunity.

1 hour ago, adamntg said:

Danny Swanson, Coulibaly and Crawford have all scored more and have more assists than Hayes. How much are they worth? Incidentally Hayes came off the bench briefly in a friendly against Switzerland, that's the extent of his international'career'.

2 hours ago, slasher said:

Forrest is shite, he looked as if he was finally going to kick on this season then after a few games was back to his normal pishy self. He has scored a couple of good goals I'm amongst being pish though. I know plenty of diehard Celtic fans and they all know he's shite too. It's only on here there seems to be a few folk that rate him. 

IMO Hayes has been one of the best and most consistent players in Scottish football in the last few seasons.

If Cardiff are seriously interested in him to strengthen their squad/team then surely they should be offering somewhere

between £1m to £2m ? With the ludicrous money and other transfer fees in the top 2 divisions in England that is relatively small change for someone if they ARE serious and therefore think he'll bolster their squad/team.

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Danny Swanson, Coulibaly and Crawford have all scored more and have more assists than Hayes. How much are they worth? Incidentally Hayes came off the bench briefly in a friendly against Switzerland, that's the extent of his international'career'.

I don't have a dog in the fight.  I was just answering th questions asked.  Has he been called into the Ireland squad?  Yes.  How many goals has he scored?  As many as Forrest. 

He was also capped against Slovakia incidentally. 

2 hours ago, adamntg said:
16 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Forrest is shite, he looked as if he was finally going to kick on this season then after a few games was back to his normal pishy self. He has scored a couple of good goals I'm amongst being pish though. I know plenty of diehard Celtic fans and they all know he's shite too. It's only on here there seems to be a few folk that rate him. 

Brendan Rodgers seems to rate him, so if it's all the same to you I'll go with his judgement. He must be doing something right as he's keeping Paddy Roberts out the team, who made the sheepworriers supposed best player look like a blundering idiot last season.

28 minutes ago, slasher said:

Brendan Rodgers seems to rate him, so if it's all the same to you I'll go with his judgement. He must be doing something right as he's keeping Paddy Roberts out the team, who made the sheepworriers supposed best player look like a blundering idiot last season.

Coz saint Brendan has never been wrong ever ? I can make judgements for myself on players but if you rely on someone else that's fine Roberts flatters to decisive and still hasn't learned when he needs to pass, has potential to be very good though. 

30 minutes ago, slasher said:

Serious question but does anybody actually rate Roberts that highly? 

From what I've seen, which is Admittedly not that much, he's a bit of a show pony. Plenty of tricks etc but very little end product. 

Saying Forrest is good because he's keeping Roberts out the team is like two bald men fighting over a comb. 

36 minutes ago, slasher said:

If Brendan was that great, he would not have been fired by Liverpool and at Celtic .............

Mulgrew was less value to Aberdeen, and tims signed him 

As I pointed out, Griffiths is nothing more than a squad player who can't hack it at international level.

Yet I'd guarantee that if some club in England wanted to buy him every single Tim on here would be demanding at least 10 million :lol:

Anyway. Regardless of that, I don't see why we should keep on accepting this unwritten law that any Non-OF player is somehow worthless. Hayes would walk into every single team in the SPFL (I get the fact that Celtic have a big squad of decent players) and he's long been acknowledged as one of the best players in Scotland over a number of years. 

Given the obscene money English teams pay each other for average players, I don't see why Aberdeen should accept anything less than a few million for Hayes.