Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 73 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

A lot of paper talk about Berra wanting to move back to Scotland (he has a young family living here or something) and Hearts looking to sign him. Can't see us getting anywhere near his wages, and certainly can't afford any fee. Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up along the M8.

Muirhead linked with MK Dons over past few days, and rumours a couple of English Championship sides interested in Kitchen.

Edited by Pool Q

15 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

A lot of paper talk about Berra wanting to move back to Scotland (he has a young family living here or something) and Hearts looking to sign him. Can't see us getting anywhere near his wages, and certainly can't afford any fee. Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up along the M8.

Muirhead linked with MK Dons over past few days, and rumours a couple of English Championship sides interested in Kitchen.

I'd take him in a heartbeat.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

The Joes these days has plenty of Killie fans in it. A lot of my mates who i go to games with went there. My mum taught there for years too and said a lot of her classes had more Killie fans than Celtic. That was in 90s right enough.

Glad to hear it ! I was 79-85 so not much of an attraction in those years !

51 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Actually, if Forrest is being rated at £3-4m then Hayes would be somewhere around £30-£40m. However, on the basis I think Forrest is worth about £200k, I'm happy with my estimation of Hayes being worth £2m.

You are worth what others are willing to pay and i'd be amazed if you get anything near £2m for Hayes.

8 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Glad to hear it ! I was 79-85 so not much of an attraction in those years !

i went to St Andrews in Saltcoats where it was about 85% Tims, 10% Killie and a couple of Huns/Aberdeen fans.

Few decent players came out that school before and after the merger right enough. Bobby Lennox, Roy Aitken, Steve Clarke. 

Edited by Squirrelhumper

1 hour ago, Pool Q said:

What's up with Muirhead?  Dropped on his heid?

1 hour ago, SMcoolJ said:

Actually, if Forrest is being rated at £3-4m then Hayes would be somewhere around £30-£40m. However, on the basis I think Forrest is worth about £200k, I'm happy with my estimation of Hayes being worth £2m.

Hayes is our most creative and most valuable player. Losing him would be a disaster for us so anyone who wants him will need to fork out £1.5 - £2m IMO. He's one of the best players in this league so expecting that level for him isn't overestimating his value to us. 

41 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You are worth what others are willing to pay and i'd be amazed if you get anything near £2m for Hayes.

I slightly disagree. He's worth what others are prepared to pay but also what he is worth to us.  He's our best player (maybe not saying much) but our chance of "success" and contribution to further financial gain (cups, season ticket sales, final league position, Europe etc) is severely weakened by him leaving. Call it opportunity cost if you want. 

Edited by SMcoolJ

6 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

I slightly disagree. He's worth what others are prepared to pay but also what he is worth to us.  He's our best player (maybe not saying much) but our chance of "success" and contribution to further financial gain (cups, season ticket sales, final league position, Europe etc) is severely weakened by him leaving. Call it opportunity cost if you want. 

Agreed with that. I'm not disputing that, what i said was i don't think anyone will bid £2m and therefore i doubt Aberdeen will need to consider selling him. 

I may be totally wrong and you get a massive bid for him.

12 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Agreed with that. I'm not disputing that, what i said was i don't think anyone will bid £2m and therefore i doubt Aberdeen will need to consider selling him. 

I may be totally wrong and you get a massive bid for him.

I agree, I'm not convinced anyone will bid £2m either, given we are just a sh1tty spfl club. However, we'd be mad to let him go for less because it would take at least that to repair the damage it will cause. He's the Crown Jewels. 

8 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

I agree, I'm not convinced anyone will bid £2m either, given we are just a sh1tty spfl club. However, we'd be mad to let him go for less because it would take at least that to repair the damage it will cause. He's the Crown Jewels. 

Stranger things have happened, a few SPFL clubs have got £2m+ from down south before. 

10 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

I go back to the SAM programme at Salford University which calculates a player's 'true' worth to a team.

I agree completely that this can't be used as a starting point for every transfer negotiation, but I suspect strongly that Hayes would come out as Aberdeen's most 'valuable' player and as such we'd be insane to allow him to leave for pennies.

He's under contract, and it should be up to any buying club that wants him to make us a ridiculous offer that we can't refuse.

But as pointed out, there's no club worse than Aberdeen at hard bargaining.

45 minutes ago, Rossy said:

I go back to the SAM programme at Salford University which calculates a player's 'true' worth to a team.

I agree completely that this can't be used as a starting point for every transfer negotiation, but I suspect strongly that Hayes would come out as Aberdeen's most 'valuable' player and as such we'd be insane to allow him to leave for pennies.

He's under contract, and it should be up to any buying club that wants him to make us a ridiculous offer that we can't refuse.

But as pointed out, there's no club worse than Aberdeen at hard bargaining.

I dunno, Michael Johnston has mastered the art of sh1te transfer negotiations.