Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 65 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

57 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

His lack of game time will be down to, largely, him being gash the majority of the time he's played.  And I don't mean gash as in the way the majority of our squad has been gash.  I mean double gash.

He was never given a chance at Rangers. Somebody doesn't go from being one of the best talents in the country that year to being "double gash" overnight. Me thinks there's money issues somewhere. :)

3 minutes ago, Ormond said:

He was never given a chance at Rangers. Somebody doesn't go from being one of the best talents in the country that year to being "double gash" overnight. Me thinks there's money issues somewhere. :)

Of course you do!  And if you click your heel 3 times it might just come true!! :lol:

3 hours ago, theweestevie said:

I am fairly certain the media have got the wrong end of the stick here and the player from Scotland who West Ham were referring to is Robert Snodgrass.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/west-ham-line-up-january-moves-for-glen-johnson-and-robert-snodgrass-a3434336.html

I am now fairly certain I may have been wrong.

22 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

I am now fairly certain I may have been wrong.

£3M for Snodgrass is an insult!  If he were English that bid would easily have been in double figures.  West Ham had a £6M bid rejcted for 34yo Jermain Defoe FFS!!!

*Edited for talking pish.

Edited by Fairbairn

4 hours ago, Ormond said:

Saints looking to re-sign O' Halloran from Rangers.

3 hours ago, Debian said:

Rangers still have 2 installments to pay I believe for him.  Would imagine will be 'free' to go to Saints in lieu of these.

Have heard though it's a Loan deal with his wages being paid by Saints.  

There was multiple rumours about 2 months ago about this .. Maybe Saints had a condition in the contract that if "The new Club" failed to pay an instalment he came back to us.. What with them being new and a bit unstable :D financially. 

3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Surely if we're a new club we deserve a clean slate........:D

See was one of their own that claimed the "new Club"

O'Halloran is a confidence player and it seems TW is one who gets the best out of these types. 

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

£3M for Snodgrass is an insult!  If he were English that bid would easily have been in double figures.  West Ham had a £6M bid rejcted for 34yo Jermain Defoe FFS!!!

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Hull paid £15 million for Ryan Mason in the summer!  Kind of backs up your point.

3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

£3m ??!!!!!

I'd have a thought a serious and realistic fee for Snoddy based on silly, English money would be £8m+

12 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Out of contract at the end of the season. Hull will be relegated without him, and are 99% certain to be relegated with him, unless they get over £10 million I wouldnt think they would even look at it.

They're certainly not going to get a player of Snodgrass quality for £3 million.  Bit of a naughty bid from West Ham though I don't think Snodgrass will be unsettled by their bid.

4 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

They're certainly not going to get a player of Snodgrass quality for £3 million.  Bit of a naughty bid from West Ham though I don't think Snodgrass will be unsettled by their bid.

He seemingly refused to discuss a new contract with Hull. Probably already thinking he wont be there after the end of the season- no matter if they go down or not.

35 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Folk honestly think £3m for a Snoddy out of contract is an insult?

Even in contract it's decent for a hugely overrated player. 1 in every 10 he performs and has a decent set piece on him.

A mirror of that Forrest.

Yep.

And I'm not sure which performances you are referring to, but he's Hull's most vital player.

Also considering they were offering £15m for 35 year old Defoe and the last post says they paid £29m for Dembele.

Yet they are interested in Snoddy and can only muster £3m ?!

7 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

How embarrassing it must be for Huns of an older persuasion to see their reincarnated version partake in a Del Boy type bugger off Bonanza at this time of year ??????

Edited by slasher