Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 318 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

19 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Wrights career stats speak for themselves. 

He’s made 70 appearances between Aberdeen & Dundee since 2014. 

Averages about 10 a season, he will be no great loss to us, but I can’t see where he’ll get into the side, reminds me of Jordan Jones, not a hope of playing regularly, but will happily boost his wages. 

Expect him to be at a lower level club within 2 seasons. 

Seems a signing in the Jordan Jones/Jake Hastie mould.

Perhaps the hope is for every Jones/Hastie they unearth a Kamara...

11 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

:lol:

Scottish football would be so much more interesting if clubs were actually allowed to say stuff like that.

Rangers statements are entertaining enough.

Its been a while since weve had a staunch uber hun statement, i wonder why 🤣🤣🤣

If Celtic are getting the reported £10M+ for Frimpong they should be building a statue of Lawwell outside the stadium.

He's a decent looking player but nearly 3000% profit on a player with one decent pro season under his belt is some business.

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

If Celtic are getting the reported £10M+ for Frimpong they should be building a statue of Lawwell outside the stadium.

He's a decent looking player but nearly 3000% profit on a player with one decent pro season under his belt is some business.

It's £11.5m but......... Man City are due 30% (4.5m). So £7m, still a good sum but not quite as spectacular as you suggest. 

6 minutes ago, slasher said:

It's £11.5m but......... Man City are due 30% (4.5m). So £7m, still a good sum but not quite as spectacular as you suggest. 

£6.5M profit on a player who had had one good season and been average at best this season is an amazing return 

5 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

£6.5M profit on a player who had had one good season and been average at best this season is an amazing return 

That's great business and presumably they'll get more cash if he's sold on in future. Not a bad deal considering the guy can't defend or play a decent final pass.

11 hours ago, daviebee said:

That's great business and presumably they'll get more cash if he's sold on in future. Not a bad deal considering the guy can't defend or play a decent final pass.

It's good business but it also makes their summer rebuild even harder.

Frimpong would've been first choice RB and with a decent manager and experience he could've improved his defending and end product. I'm quite glad he's going.

Adds another position and player to an ever growing list they need in the summer. Celtic will now need at least 10 players in the summer and at least 5 of them have to be first choice quality. 

Frimong sale is Celtic model and really should be the model of the rest of Scottish clubs. The issue Celtic have had recently is that their recruitment has been shocking. Need to get back to selling 1 player but already having the replacement either at the club or identified. Ie Dembele and Edourd.

Its the model that Rangers board say they are building at their AGM. I have my doubts that they will follow through on it though.

For example, in the summer Rangers should be looking to sell Taviner, Barasic, Kamara, Kent and Moreles. Done properly that would get them about 60 million. I think they will try and keep as many as possible though for their assault on the Champions League.

1 hour ago, Archiesdad said:

Nae wonder ye went bankrupt if you think that adds up Tae £60million.

🤔👍

I dont support Rangers so like to myself as unbiased.

Rangers have already recieved and turned down bids in the region of 15 million for Kent and Moreles so thats based on fact.

I dont think its stretching the imagination to say that Kamara and the 2 full backs would get 30 million between them. 

Taviener imo could fetch around 12 million given his numbers and fits the modern day attacking full back.

Barasic is a Crotian international so could easily be in the 9/10 million ballpoint.

There was alot of press chat about Kamara in the summer. Could see him fetching around 8 million.

Which of the above do you think im wildly out on?

13 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Rangers have already recieved and turned down bids in the region of 15 million for Kent and Moreles so thats based on fact.

I dont think its stretching the imagination to say that Kamara and the 2 full backs would get 30 million between them. 

Taviener imo could fetch around 12 million given his numbers and fits the modern day attacking full back.

Barasic is a Crotian international so could easily be in the 9/10 million ballpoint.

There was alot of press chat about Kamara in the summer. Could see him fetching around 8 million.

Who told you about these bids for Kent & Morelos? The daily record?

What are taveniers numbers exactly, Scoring penalties?

Kamara, you said yourself, press chat. 

Do you remember when Eduardo was leaving Celtic for between 40 & 50,000,000 pounds?

Apart from that, you’re bang on 👍🏽

Edited by dandydunn

3 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Who told you about these bids for Kent & Morelos? The daily record?

What are taveniers numbers exactly, Scoring penalties?

Kamara, you said yourself, press chat. 

Do you remember when Eduardo was leaving Celtic for between 40 & 50,000,000 pounds?

Apart from that, you’re bang on 👍🏽

The Lille president confirmed a 16 million bid for Moreles so unless he is lying? Probably best to check these things before being sarcastic.

The Kent numbers vary but most chat was in the region of 15 million.

Kamara was paper talk as I said but based on his age and performances both in Europe and at International level and the market down south I dont think 8 million is being unrealistic.

Frimpong has just left for 11 million. If somebody had suggested that a couple of days ago they would have been laughed at.

19 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

The Lille president confirmed a 16 million bid for Moreles so unless he is lying? Probably best to check these things before being sarcastic.

The Kent numbers vary but most chat was in the region of 15 million.

Kamara was paper talk as I said but based on his age and performances both in Europe and at International level and the market down south I dont think 8 million is being unrealistic.

Frimpong has just left for 11 million. If somebody had suggested that a couple of days ago they would have been laughed at.

Ok, so you’ve got a confirmed bid for Morelos and the rest you just made up?

You said £60,000,000 for all of them, so far you’ve got a bid for a player that was a lot better last season than he is this season. 

Where’s the other £52,000,000 coming from?

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

You said £60,000,000 for all of them, so far you’ve got a bid for a player that was a lot better last season than he is this season. 

All our players are shit and no one should buy any of them. Seriously. Apart from Barker. He is great.

11 hours ago, dandydunn said:

I dont know if understand the concept of an opinion or a prediction. Kents bid wasnt made up as Rangers club officials have spoken about it. 

The rest of the money ive setout in what I believe these players would be worth in the current market and the reasons why. 

How much do you believe each player would be worth?  Just to see where you think I may be drastically out. Also 60 million minus 16 million doesnt leave you with 52 million. Maybe thats where you are going wrong.

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

I dont know if understand the concept of an opinion or a prediction. Kents bid wasnt made up as Rangers club officials have spoken about it. 

The rest of the money ive setout in what I believe these players would be worth in the current market and the reasons why. 

How much do you believe each player would be worth?  Just to see where you think I may be drastically out. Also 60 million minus 16 million doesnt leave you with 52 million. Maybe thats where you are going wrong.

I know it doesn’t. That’s why I said a bid of £16,000,000 when he was a lot better last season than he was this season. 

Aberdeen got a bid of £2,700,000 for Sam Cosgrove in the summer, they’ll be lucky to recoup the £20,000 they paid for him the way he’s playing this season. 

As for believing Rangers club officials about money 😂😂😂😂😂😂 let’s not go there. 

38 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I know it doesn’t. That’s why I said a bid of £16,000,000 when he was a lot better last season than he was this season. 

Aberdeen got a bid of £2,700,000 for Sam Cosgrove in the summer, they’ll be lucky to recoup the £20,000 they paid for him the way he’s playing this season. 

As for believing Rangers club officials about money 😂😂😂😂😂😂 let’s not go there. 

Oh right so Moreles' worth has been halved this season despite being lart of a team miles ahead in the league and having progressed in Europe (where he has a more than decent scoring record)

Kents bid was widely reported and accepted both up here and down south but maybe you are correct. Maybe it was all made up.

So you have Moreles valued at 8 million. What about the rest?

Out of interest what would have had Frimpong valued at last week? 500k?

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

Oh right so Moreles' worth has been halved this season despite being lart of a team miles ahead in the league and having progressed in Europe (where he has a more than decent scoring record)

Kents bid was widely reported and accepted both up here and down south but maybe you are correct. Maybe it was all made up.

So you have Moreles valued at 8 million. What about the rest?

Out of interest what would have had Frimpong valued at last week? 500k?

I’ve no idea. I don’t deal in the transfer market, but if someone is valued at X, hasn’t played as well this year and has a year less on his contract, then the final number will probably be lower at Y. 

6 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I’ve no idea. I don’t deal in the transfer market, but if someone is valued at X, hasn’t played as well this year and has a year less on his contract, then the final number will probably be lower at Y. 

You have no idea however your entire contribution to this debate has been to question somebody elses opinion on a valuation? 

Moreles hasnt scored as many goals this year as previous years but he is still a first pick for the club who are doing the things I mentioned previously. His all round game has improved and his disciplinary record is better. Id be surprised if his value has changed much if at all.

My original point stands though that Rangers should be looking to move these players on. Roofe can replace Moreles, Patterson for Taviener, Bassey for Barasic and Rangers already have options in CM and looking to bring in another pre contract from Bournmouth aswell who could replace Kamara.

9 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

You have no idea however your entire contribution to this debate has been to question somebody elses opinion on a valuation? 

Moreles hasnt scored as many goals this year as previous years but he is still a first pick for the club who are doing the things I mentioned previously. His all round game has improved and his disciplinary record is better. Id be surprised if his value has changed much if at all.

My original point stands though that Rangers should be looking to move these players on. Roofe can replace Moreles, Patterson for Taviener, Bassey for Barasic and Rangers already have options in CM and looking to bring in another pre contract from Bournmouth aswell who could replace Kamara.

You didn’t watch the last OF game, or the Hibs game the other night, did you?

He should’ve seen red twice in the last month alone. 

If you did and still think his discipline is better, then this conversation is over. 

On 27/01/2021 at 12:56 AM, Fairbairn said:

They should call him Hermes as he runs about all day but delivers nothing

16 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Apologies Diamond. I only made a flippant point for a quick ,cheap laugh .

The debate that has followed has been interesting.

Morelos prob 12m

Kent 12 m

kamara 8m 

I don't think tavinier is worth a lot.

Barisic could be 5m+

These could all be around the price.

The Frimping effect has startled is all. So who knows

Rangers guys will be worth a wee bit more in England as Gerard says so. He is respected.

I enjoy your posts , they have a higher intelligence quota than most.👍keep them coming and don't let cheap flippant posts from others deter ya.😉👍👍

Edited by Archiesdad