Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 24 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

Fair dos, won't pretend to know much about Aberdeen's squad, spending or finances. Any sort of 'speculate to accumulate' talk worries me, particularly when it references Hearts. I'd like us to be playing better football, but in general I think the way the club is being run is spot on.

7 hours ago, Pool Q said:

Fair dos, won't pretend to know much about Aberdeen's squad, spending or finances. Any sort of 'speculate to accumulate' talk worries me, particularly when it references Hearts. I'd like us to be playing better football, but in general I think the way the club is being run is spot on.

Tbf my list wasn't very clear but Parklife was correct in his interpretation of it. I am absolutely against speculative spending and very much in favour of running a tight ship. However, I don't think that precludes either Hearts or Aberdeen from making a clever and exciting signing or two. My mention of Hearts on this subject should have been taken as a compliment!!

10 hours ago, Garywag said:

Twins? I had heard about one of them before I went to Ibiza for a stag do recently although I didn't see her over there!! Interesting character :) Didn't know there was a sister. 

They are a pair of sluts, it's easy to find them online. If you do have a look you will cringe at them but even more at the people who follow them.

9 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Shaun Hutchinson was just released by Fulham. Possible target for a few Scottish Premiership clubs ? He was a decent player for Motherwell.

Yes, good shout. He impressed me the few times I saw him. Exactly what the Dons need - so we will ignore and get some other powder puff centre half.

Apparently Reynolds and Flood being offloaded.....

4 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Yes, good shout. He impressed me the few times I saw him. Exactly what the Dons need - so we will ignore and get some other powder puff centre half.

I can't really remember all that much about him, but players like this, and the vast amount of Irish players appearing in our league at the expense of Scottish players is really not good for any chance our national team will ever have at improving.

Just now, Fairbairn said:

According to The Sun, Krancjar will sign a 2 year deal with Rangers.

Good to see that Rangers, as promised, aren't spending money like there's no tomorrow, or God forbid, spending to accumulate.

7 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Good to see that Rangers, as promised, aren't spending money like there's no tomorrow, or God forbid, spending to accumulate.

While I don't particularly agree with the signing of Krancjar, you have to admit that the signings of Rossiter, Windass and Crooks certainly fit in with the last part of your statement.

Guest BlueGaz
8 minutes ago, Rossy said:

There was 5m or so set aside as a budget to prep the squad for next year.  That was going to rise if we had qualified for Europe.  I hope that those running the books now have learned from previous mistakes and the budget was well thought through.  I don't know what the total amount spent is now, but I don't think it will be worrying.  :unsure:

5 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

While I don't particularly agree with the signing of Krancjar, you have to admit that the signings of Rossiter, Windass and Crooks certainly fit in with the last part of your statement.

That's true.

3 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

There was 5m or so set aside as a budget to prep the squad for next year.  That was going to rise if we had qualified for Europe.  I hope that those running the books now have learned from previous mistakes and the budget was well thought through.  I don't know what the total amount spent is now, but I don't think it will be worrying.  :unsure:

Have Rangers made a profit of £5 million to enable them to spend this, or are they going into debt again to finance these signings ?

Guest BlueGaz
17 minutes ago, Rossy said:

That's true.

Have Rangers made a profit of £5 million to enable them to spend this, or are they going into debt again to finance these signings ?

I don't know.  I would lean heavily to them being able to afford that 5m.  The figures that started the ball rolling last time around were 70m+.  Had the figure mentioned for this summers budget been something like 15-20m I would have worried about it.  Hopefully I'm right.

Guest BlueGaz
32 minutes ago, Rossy said:

That's true.

Shareholders agreed and provided the £5m as a soft loan, so assuming its either very low rates, very long term payback, will be written off if necessary, or possibly a mixture.  

18 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Shareholders agreed and provided the £5m as a soft loan, so assuming its either very low rates, very long term payback, will be written off if necessary, or possibly a mixture.  

Think the plan is to convert all soft loans to equity once that's possible.

Rangers have released Dean Shiels.  While he wasn't the worst of the McCoist signings he's one of the few players that's actually made me laugh out loud a few times.  I can't really think of a positive contribution he made and good to get more deadwood off the wage bill.

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Rangers have released Dean Shiels.  While he wasn't the worst of the McCoist signings he's one of the few players that's actually made me laugh out loud a few times.  I can't really think of a positive contribution he made and good to get more deadwood off the wage bill.

Anyone know what he was on?

Heard 3-4K, but that seems low compared to the rest of the signings made around that time.

19 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Anyone know what he was on?

Heard 3-4K, but that seems low compared to the rest of the signings made around that time.

Similarly I heard £350K pa which would be about £6.5K per week.  I thought that sounded a bit high but possibly not.

4 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

I can confirm from United's experience that nothing bad can ever come about from "soft" loans...

52 minutes ago, adamntg said:

I can confirm from United's experience that nothing bad can ever come about from "soft" loans...

Aye but ours are from Dave King, we can trust him.

*And Sheddy in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1..........

20 hours ago, Rossy said:

That's true.

Certainly not made a £5m profit. I would imagine its not bank debt. More likely from existing shareholders providing cheap or convertible loans. I personally think we have been pretty savvy in our transfer activities. Also there have been a few departures which have freed up wages and there will a couple more at least.

Edited by EddardStark