Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 21 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

6 hours ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Might not be.

County pay pretty well.

Daily Heil linking Johnny Hayes with a 500k move to Wigan...

I thought Utd had the 3Rd or 4th biggest playing budget in the league this season?

I know it'll reduce for next season but I thought you'd still be relatively bigger payers than County.

I'd forgotten about their sugar daddy though. ? 

21 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I was reminded yesterday that Steven Saunders, about to sign for a league of Wales team, has a Scotland cap. I'd imagine that makes Scotland caps the most meaningless of all. 

That was a bizarre one!

Think it was purely as he was already with the u-21 squad so stepped up to fill a space.

He wasn't even the best right back at Motherwell at the time.

In one of my occasional "Lets go and watch the Pars" moments I saw Morris stand out as easily the worst defender on the pitch in a 3-2 home drubbing by Arbroath in League 1 about 3 seasons ago. Lassie who used to work beside me and was a Pars season ticket holder told me he was quite good as well. I was stunned when Dundee Utd signed him as I expected to see him playing for Crossgates Primrose next.

Rangers appear to be getting linked with Stephen Taylor from Newcastle. Apparently a free agent but also talking g to a Turkish club.

My guess is he'll be getting a really good tan next season.

9 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Rangers appear to be getting linked with Stephen Taylor from Newcastle. Apparently a free agent but also talking g to a Turkish club.

My guess is he'll be getting a really good tan next season.

Apparently Celtic interested too.  They can have him!!

On 6/4/2016 at 10:14 PM, SMcoolJ said:

Don't think so. Just another signing that hasn't inspired me. Apparently he's quite aggressive though, so that's a start (Adam, Shed, Jock Strap??). 

Hard to say, always injured.

Was probably our best central defender, although that's a bit like being the poshest boy in Govan High.