Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 20 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

37 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Might not be.

County pay pretty well.

Daily Heil linking Johnny Hayes with a 500k move to Wigan...

£500k -  :lol::lol::lol: 

On 02/06/2016 at 10:06 AM, Fairbairn said:

Had a check, he playes 25 times last season. Not too bad but obviously not in next years plans. Could appear at ibrox

On 02/06/2016 at 10:06 AM, Glasgowmancity said:

Apparently both Rangers & Celtic are trying to sign Kolo Toure

Hes about 90

Also seen that the odds for Zlatan to Celtic have dropped quite a bit, canny see it though

29 minutes ago, Ormond said:

The going rate for a top player in Scotland outwith Celtic sadly. Not saying I agree with it.

It's not though. Johnny Hayes has 2 years left on his contract, is one of the best players in the league and is a ROI international. This isn't like someone in the last year of their contract who has done no bad at St Johnstone. ;)

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

It's not though. Johnny Hayes has 2 years left on his contract, is one of the best players in the league and is a ROI international. This isn't like someone in the last year of their contract who has done no bad at St Johnstone. ;)

It's got bugger all to do with Saints. I totally agree that half a mill for Hayes is pish. But that, unfortunately is all a club will pay for him.

Just now, Ormond said:

It's got bugger all to do with Saints. I totally agree that half a mill for Hayes is pish. But that, unfortunately is all a club will pay for him.

I'm winding you up about Saints, hence the smiley. 

However, you're trying to compare the signing of Hayes to, i assume, guys like Billy McKay, or O'Halloran, etc, who's contracts were running down. They're not comparable to Hayes, either in ability, prestige (ROI international) or length remaining on contract. 

Just now, Parklife said:

However, you're trying to compare the signing of Hayes to, i assume, guys like Billy McKay, or O'Halloran, etc, who's contracts were running down. They're not comparable to Hayes, either in ability, prestige (ROI international) or length remaining on contract. 

Clubs in Scotland need to start playing hardball in general with players. Chairmen from England rub their greasy hands at how easy our clubs are to do business with.

33 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Billy McKay has got nine caps for Norn Iron versus Hayes two for the Republic.  Having said that, I wouldn't give you two bob for McKay, he's fking pish, and an arse.

8 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Billy McKay has got nine caps for Norn Iron versus Hayes two for the Republic.  Having said that, I wouldn't give you two bob for McKay, he's fking pish, and an arse.

Kyle Lafferty has 50 caps for NI. Cap for NI does not equal cap for ROI. 

1 minute ago, Ormond said:

Noticed a flurry of bets on Ibrahimovic to Parkhead. 

No chance!

Only possible reason I can think of would be to keep his record of winning the league in every country he's played.

He's going to the EPL in 6 figures a week.

Just now, sbcmfc said:

No chance!

Only possible reason I can think of would be to keep his record of winning the league in every country he's played.

He's going to the EPL in 6 figures a week.

I know. I just noticed the odds slashed to heck. 

4 minutes ago, Ormond said:

"Speaking in 2013, he said: “Celtic is a club with a big tradition and a place any top player would want to end their career. How could I say I wouldn’t want to play for those fans every week?”

Does he know only about 20,000 of them turn up each week now?

44 minutes ago, adamntg said:

"Speaking in 2013, he said: “Celtic is a club with a big tradition and a place any top player would want to end their career. How could I say I wouldn’t want to play for those fans every week?”

Does he know only about 20,000 of them turn up each week now?

I am absolutely certain he came out about a week after they quotes surfaced to say that he never uttered those words in his puff.