Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 81 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

15 minutes ago, iainmac1 said:

Christie was a 16 year old school boy at the time and he didn't even make his debut for Caley until the next season.

The dab hadn't even been invented yet...

If his age on Wiki is correct then he was 17 in April 2012.

just sayin....

2 hours ago, wembley67lisbon said:

Christie to Aberdeen on loan confirmed 

And with that any semblance of a pretence that Scottish football has even a modicum of competition goes straight out the windae.  The champions lending their cast-offs to the runners-up - what the fcuk?

1 hour ago, adamntg said:

And with that any semblance of a pretence that Scottish football has even a modicum of competition goes straight out the windae.  The champions lending their cast-offs to the runners-up - what the fcuk?

Whilst true, plenty loan moves between clubs happens at the top level. 

Ricky foster to rangers from Aberdeen 

11 hours ago, adamntg said:

There's competition in every single part of the football pyramid except at the very summit. 

Plenty competition right throughout the premiership, championship, league 1, league 2, etc. The only position that there is no competition for is the Premiership champions. 

47 minutes ago, Parklife said:

There's competition in every single part of the football pyramid except at the very summit. 

Plenty competition right throughout the premiership, championship, league 1, league 2, etc. The only position that there is no competition for is the Premiership champions. 

I agree with you.  As regards the Premiership though, unfortunately the summit is the only part that matters!  SPFL "authorities" will be of the opinion that second place is an excellent prize and that Aberdeen, Hearts, Rangers and St Johnstone should be delighted to be part of that race.

I will stick my neck out here and say (notwithstanding Christie's juvenile Twitter history) that this is a sh1t signing for both Aberdeen and Scottish fitba.  Shows that while Celtic will run away with the title they can try and influence who comes second.  I would also say that, because it's a loan deal, if Christie plays well it maybe helps Aberdeen in the short term (except against Celtic) but we are developing a player for a "rival" and will ultimately lose him at the cost of developing our own squad - be it through long term acquisition or our own youth development. I think this shows a total lack of ambition from Aberdeen and quite frankly it's lazy.

Anyway, i have nothing against the lad himself and I hope he does well and goes on to play for Scotland.    

32 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

I would also say that, because it's a loan deal, if Christie plays well it maybe helps Aberdeen in the short term (except against Celtic) but we are developing a player for a "rival" and will ultimately lose him at the cost of developing our own squad - be it through long term acquisition or our own youth development. I think this shows a total lack of ambition from Aberdeen and quite frankly it's lazy.

I agree with this bit totally and it's why i'm not that enamoured with the signing. 

It's a short term signing by a manager who's shown time and again that he has little interest in developing our youth team players. 

33 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I agree with this bit totally and it's why i'm not that enamoured with the signing. 

It's a short term signing by a manager who's shown time and again that he has little interest in developing our youth team players. 

This is exactly how I felt about United borrowing Cammy Smith.  It just undermines the whole purpose of club football.

You would think this kind of pish would finally sound the alarm bells at Hampden that the game's a bogey and something radical - really, really radical - needs to be done while there's still a chance.  If even the Americans can see that competition is needed in sport to make it interesting, why can't we?

Squad salary cap, maximum squad size, abolition of January transfer window, pooling and sharing of revenues needed or just give up.

23 minutes ago, adamntg said:

You would think this kind of pish would finally sound the alarm bells at Hampden that the game's a bogey and something radical - really, really radical - needs to be done while there's still a chance.  If even the Americans can see that competition is needed in sport to make it interesting, why can't we?

Squad salary cap, maximum squad size, abolition of January transfer window, pooling and sharing of revenues needed or just give up.

What about project brave?

:lol:

The top 8 teams will then have ALL the players and might lend you one if you're lucky...

14 hours ago, wembley67lisbon said:

Whilst true, plenty loan moves between clubs happens at the top level. 

Ricky foster to rangers from Aberdeen 

And let us not forget the quid pro quo of Andrius Velicka. Rangers somehow got the better of that deal.

1 hour ago, thewolf_1980 said:

And let us not forget the quid pro quo of Andrius Velicka. Rangers somehow got the better of that deal.

It's a close one - Velicka was poor but we hardly played him.  Foster was really poor but at least you used him. 

Edited by SMcoolJ

50 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

It's a close one - Velicka was poor but we hardly played him.  Foster was really poor but at least you used him. 

Ricky Foster in his first spell actually did OK for us.  In his second spell he was an abomination but that accusation could be levelled at just about everyone who played in that team.