Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 84 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

8 hours ago, adamntg said:

They've won it four times since Aberdeen last won it.  

I was thinking that as well but couldn't  be arsed looking up the stats. 

Even St. Mirren have won the cup as many times as Aberdeen in the last 30 years. 

8 hours ago, adamntg said:

They've won it four times since Aberdeen last won it.  

14 minutes ago, Marky said:

I was thinking that as well but couldn't  be arsed looking up the stats. 

Even St. Mirren have won the cup as many times as Aberdeen in the last 30 years. 

Regardless, given their 'size', they're the two most under-achieving clubs in Scottish football. 

Two bald men arguing over a comb. 

16 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

I thought about that when I saw he had been released by Birmingham. Can remember a year or so ago he seemed to be holding his own in the Championship, so hope he is fit and can help us defensively. Local, as you say, so might be a factor in our favour.

Interesting story. Manager questioned his fitness but he disagreed, volunteered for development squad games to prove his fitness, did 4 games in 16 days before a shoulder injury and recovery. Zola comes in and basically tells him 2 guys in front of you but you can stay and train etc.......Caddis goes for 'mutual consent' cancels contract when he could have taken the cash until June. Fair play to him as his contract was probably a decent wage, more than he will get up here by a long way. Hope we sign him. Think he would be an excellent signing, if fit. Attacking right back, has played as a winger, renowned for crossing ability and dead ball delivery..........Kris Boyd should benefit.

1 hour ago, Rossy said:

Regardless, given their 'size', they're the two most under-achieving clubs in Scottish football. 

Two bald men arguing over a comb. 

Equally I cannae argue with that.

Then again for the last 30 years "achievement" has become a moot point. Success outside of the OF has become a thing of history. OK most of our teams have had a wee shot of winning the league cup but let's face it if Celtic took that seriously every year, we probably wouldn't win that either. 

25 minutes ago, Marky said:

Then again for the last 30 years "achievement" has become a moot point. Success outside of the OF has become a thing of history. OK most of our teams have had a wee shot of winning the league cup but let's face it if Celtic took that seriously every year, we probably wouldn't win that either. 

Celtic do take it seriously.

1 hour ago, Marky said:

Disagree with that, when we annilated them 3-2 in the semi final in 2013 they were as much gutted as I was surprised. 

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

55 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

Disagree with that, when we annilated them 3-2 in the semi final in 2013 they were as much gutted as I was surprised. 

If Celtic took it seriously they would play their best team in every round like all the other teams do. 

25 minutes ago, Marky said:

16 hours ago, slasher said:

The Huns embarrassing themselves in the market again with a pretendy bid for some goalie at Port Vale ?

What would perhaps be more embarrassing would be your first choice goalie choosing to sit on the bench for the rest of his career rather than play for Celtic.

I haven't heard about this Port Vale story so you presumably must look at more Rangers news stories than I do. Makes sense for us to spend prudently on a reserve goalkeeper though, I'd have thought.

5 hours ago, Marky said:

If Celtic took it seriously they would play their best team in every round like all the other teams do. 

When Saints beat them in the Semi final in 2013 Celtic named an unchanged side from their game the week before.

FFS Marky, just because I made the effort to actually fly back for the semi whereas yourself only glory hunted at the final, don't demean us true supporters that made the effort :lol: xx

18 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

When Saints beat them in the Semi final in 2013 Celtic named an unchanged side from their game the week before.

FFS Marky, just because I made the effort to actually fly back for the semi whereas yourself only glory hunted at the final, don't demean us true supporters that made the effort :lol: xx

17 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

Even your sister went to the semi FFS :lol:

Oi there was a good reason I never went to the semi!!!

i thought we'd get scudded! :-) :-)

1 hour ago, Marky said:

Oi there was a good reason I never went to the semi!!!

i thought we'd get scudded! :-) :-)

So did I, but still went in hope rather than expectation, your post sort of confirms my "glory hunter" comment you plum :D