EU Referendum - Page 52 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, BlueGaz said:

Politician tells lie shocker !!!!!!!!! If you are naive enough to believe our top politicians ......... that's your first mistake.

Well I for one didn't believe the lie nor the other lies. But many did.

Are you seriously suggesting that the fact a politician has lied, and a nation voted a particular way on the premise of that lie, should be tolerated?

You made the point that we voted No so must accept being dragged out of Europe, I'm making the point that our referendum result was heavily influenced by one major lie amongst many others. And you're ok with that?

The lap dancing will be shite in a few years time, once all the curren Eastern European tarts tits go south and decide to give it up we'll be stuck with local talent. We'll have to make do with having the Courtney's and Kylies of this world from the flats and estates with their pulled back pony tails, big fukk off hooped ear rings and the mummy tummys decked oot in sequenced bra and knickers fae Topshop

Surely there'll be special dispensation for the Eastern European tarts when it comes to work permits so they can get there chebs oot

The lap dancing will be shite in a few years time, once all the curren Eastern European tarts tits go south and decide to give it up we'll be stuck with local talent. We'll have to make do with having the Courtney's and Kylies of this world from the flats and estates with their pulled back pony tails, big fukk off hooped ear rings and the mummy tummys decked oot in sequenced bra and knickers fae Topshop

Surely there'll be special dispensation for the Eastern European tarts when it comes to work permits so they can get there chebs oot

Finally something has made me smile today ....

6 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I don't get why Farage gets so much airtime?

His party seems to have been pushed into prominence by the media.

They still only have 1 MP.

On the plus side, his party is soon to become obsolete.

Then again, obsoleteness hasn't killed off the Lib Dems, the coccyx of political parties.

Edited by scotlad

21 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

You see, this is the kind of 'nuanced conversation' that Kezia Dugdale was saying will be required in order for No voters to be persuaded to consider changing their minds.

Just now, killiefaetheferry said:

You see, this is the kind of 'nuanced conversation' that Kezia Dugdale was saying will be required in order for No voters to be persuaded to consider changing their minds.

Kezia and her missus will be saying the same as me

25 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Best laugh I've had all day!  Thanks man. 

I don't think the EU will now domino into a bunch of no votes but only if the EU reacts to the brexit and changes direction. Time and time again it has been made clear to the EU that european folk prefer a Common Market and definitely not a Common Nation. But they persisted with it and ignored every expression at the ballot box telling them no... and now we have the end result.

Immigration and England was always going to the weak spot. My own theory is that it was a lot to do with English being the second language for most other EU countries (due to it being the main common language of western business). That and an attractive benefits regime made it inevitable that the UK would become a huge destination for tonnes of EU migrants. They should have allowed Britain some dispensation to bring in special controls to recognize this but noooooo...

They are now using access to the Common Market to blackmail EU nations into accepting the Common Nation. It is not going to work and if they push it there will be a domino series of exits some of which may bring the whole thing down.

Ironically Brexit could lead to the reform the EU badly needs making it into something that is actually quite good. If they don't reform then they will destroy themselves. England may have sacrificed themselves for the greater good here.

2 hours ago, Scunnered said:

I do.  I'm in middle management.  Foremans job, flag palest pink etc etc.

I out rank you. Senior management with no flag cos I'm a capitalist pig-dog!

So stuff you, you're fired! ? 

38 minutes ago, they've_been_suckered said:

Ford's Fiesta is the UK's number 1 selling car. They're going absolutely nowhere. 

Why? Can they not just make them elsewhere and ship them in?? 

VW Golf is the UK's 4th best seller but is made in Wolfsburg.

If Ford decide to pull out of the U.K. And invest in other plants there will be 1000's of job losses but you'll still be able to walk in to your local Ford dealer and and drive away in a shiny new fiesta.

47 minutes ago, they've_been_suckered said:

Ford's Fiesta is the UK's number 1 selling car. They're going absolutely nowhere. 

I never said they were going anywhere, I said they may have to consider future investment. 

Ford sell 25 times as many cars in the EU as they do to the UK. Why should they have a manufacturing outfit in the UK when it'll be more expensive then to sell their cars in Europe ? 

Their major future investment may well be to their plants in France, or wherever. 

Edited by Rossy

11 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I don't think the EU will now domino into a bunch of no votes but only if the EU reacts to the brexit and changes direction. Time and time again it has been made clear to the EU that european folk prefer a Common Market and definitely not a Common Nation. But they persisted with it and ignored every expression at the ballot box telling them no... and now we have the end result.

Immigration and England was always going to the weak spot. My own theory is that it was a lot to do with English being the second language for most other EU countries (due to it being the main common language of western business). That and an attractive benefits regime made it inevitable that the UK would become a huge destination for tonnes of EU migrants. They should have allowed Britain some dispensation to bring in special controls to recognize this but noooooo...

They are now using access to the Common Market to blackmail EU nations into accepting the Common Nation. It is not going to work and if they push it there will be a domino series of exits some of which may bring the whole thing down.

Ironically Brexit could lead to the reform the EU badly needs making it into something that is actually quite good. If they don't reform then they will destroy themselves. England may have sacrificed themselves for the greater good here.

Its not over till the fat lady sings and whose to say England have sacrificied themselves yet. Would not surprise me in the least if there wasnt some sort of bargaining started already to appease the UK and try to pull this back from the brink. I know this has been rejected but never say never. 

2 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Its not over till the fat lady sings and whose to say England have sacrificied themselves yet. Would not surprise me in the least if there wasnt some sort of bargaining started already to appease the UK and try to pull this back from the brink. I know this has been rejected but never say never. 

This was alluded to today on 5Live. 

I thought it sounded ridiculous, but the politician that was on said that it was a realistic option. Johnston would take over as PM, and the EU would make huge concessions to the UK that would allow Westminster to keep the country in the EU.

Weird, but who knows.

You'd have to have another vote then. Over million people majority with massive turnout. They know they cant just ignore it. This has become inescapable almost. They have really fecked themselves here. Everyone said no new vote, what's done is done etc. Once Cameron has been replaced who will negotiate the stay in compromise? Gove, Boris? They have set in motion here something that I do not think any of them can now stop. We need to get the feck off the runaway train before it is too late...

6 minutes ago, Rossy said:

I thought it sounded ridiculous, but the politician that was on said that it was a realistic option. Johnston would take over as PM, and the EU would make huge concessions to the UK that would allow Westminster to keep the country in the EU.

Weird, but who knows.

These are unchartered waters and anything is a possibility . 

6 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Weird, but who knows.

The obvious alternative as alluded to by Thplinth is that the EU screw the UK over to make sure we do what they want 

Cameron is a gambler

He gambled by leaving devo max out of the Scottish Referendum options and just won leaving the UK constitution still up in the air

He gambled on the Euro referendum and has lost his job and probably the UK constitution 

A total fud

Remember how the Tories absolutely humiliated Miliband when he said he did not want a referendum for the exact reasons of yesterday

Mugs

31 minutes ago, Rossy said:

I never said they were going anywhere, I said they may have to consider future investment. 

Ford sell 25 times as many cars in the EU as they do to the UK. Why should they have a manufacturing outfit in the UK when it'll be more expensive then to sell their cars in Europe ? 

Their major future investment may well be to their plants in France, or wherever. 

I don't see any reason why it would change. You've not really given me much other than conjecture.