4 Million To Install Facial Recognition - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

4 Million To Install Facial Recognition

It's almost unbelievable. As you said, it almost seems like they want to drive more people away. It won't be long before the SFA resurrect Mrs Thatchers idea of ID Cards for football fans from the 80's.

There are so many factors that have driven people away from attending matches, not least the actions of stewards and Police and this will only serve to reinforce that. Will ordinary fans do anything about it though or just sit and accept it?

Law abiding fans will have no problem with this - great idea - if you set off pyros , pretend you are a sniper or sing secretarian songs your banned - cheeriebye ya roasters :wave:

You dont think the money might be better spent on improving facilities or cheap lets for boys clubs???

It's almost unbelievable. As you said, it almost seems like they want to drive more people away. It won't be long before the SFA resurrect Mrs Thatchers idea of ID Cards for football fans from the 80's.

There are so many factors that have driven people away from attending matches, not least the actions of stewards and Police and this will only serve to reinforce that. Will ordinary fans do anything about it though or just sit and accept it?

They will accept it and lie down like all the other things that much is clear by now. Football fans were emasculated a while ago.

It is like they want to make folk gathering so expensive they do not do it any more.

It costs stupid money to go to the pub for a pint with your friends yet you can buy the exact same booze from a supermarket and go home and drink it (but without the social) for a fraction.

Why?

Edited by thplinth

Complete smokescreen to give them an excuse that they are doing nothing. Shower of shysters.

That's what it looks like.

Still trying to work out why the Alloa chairman is so outspoken against 'Strict Liability'. Is there an issue of supporter misbehaviour at Alloa?

The number of times I've seen the police video supports I'd have thought they were collecting all the evidence they needed to make arrests.

I would also think that all clubs know who the fans are allegedly that causing them a problem.

WTF!

On a side note to this, I've seen "Grampian" police call young boys at Motherwell games at Pittodrie by name, which I found slightly unsettling!

I think I was on "the list" for a while too.

:lol:

Know exactly what you mean. Years ago now to be fair but been pulled over many a time walking down King Street, aha mr ------, new jacket? not seen you wearing that one before etc

Shite idea. But authorities are having their hands pushed by certain clubs refusals to stamp out the nonsense theirselves.

The authorities have done feck all about it themselves. No fines no points deductions feck all.

Both absolutely valid points.

It's remarkable that we're in 2016 and the Scottish football authorities are still as afraid to tackle the problems head on as they have been for over 100 years.

4 million quid to keep on continually skirting around the issue is insanity. Make clearly defined guidelines, and when the fans of certain clubs step over them, deduct points. That'll solve the problem of sectarianism or whatever else in the Scottish game, overnight.

Edited by Rossy