Scottish Fitba 19Th December - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Fitba 19Th December

Fat Ally to be named Killie manager next week.

They adored him as a player- so presume it would be a popular appointment. That being said I think the killy fans would take anyone over their current manager he is that unpopular. Hearts legend does not endear you to Kilmarnock.

Edited by Robroysboy

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No complaints though ?

For the fan of a team containing Liam craig in it complaining about the opposition trying to influence the referee is a bit laughable. As usual he was at the referee and linesman at every opportunity

One red faced, angry ginger quite rightly complaining about the ref getting in the way of a well worked set piece against a whole team surrounding the ref waving imaginary cards...... The seethe from the middle aged Hearts fans in the corner every time Craig took a corner was amusing!

I thought at the time that Wotherspoon had a wee kick out at Juanma before the "headbutt", so will be interesting to see that again. Juanma was a red waiting to happen yesterday though.

One red faced, angry ginger quite rightly complaining about the ref getting in the way of a well worked set piece against a whole team surrounding the ref waving imaginary cards...... The seethe from the middle aged Hearts fans in the corner every time Craig took a corner was amusing!

I thought at the time that Wotherspoon had a wee kick out at Juanma before the "headbutt", so will be interesting to see that again. Juanma was a red waiting to happen yesterday though.

Ha ha it wasn't just that incident it's was the whole game. Most of the hearts fans around me were reminding he that he was the captain that got Hibs relegated and of course a certain other scoreline.

I did say to Mack and Edgar to get their money on juanma getting booked.

Watch the red card again though, you will see saints players surrounding the ref, waving cards and Craig running across to the 4th official to ensure he gets sent off

Edited by hannibal smith

But has it failed? Being devil's advocate, the money being spent (other than Simunovic) has been pennies compared to the cash raked in. That can't have helped Delia. He's currently in line for the treble.

European games have been poor but realistically what was his target?

Personally I think he'll get this season but not sure what will happen in the summer. It might depend on who's available and if Rangers manage to find money to invest, assuming we get promoted.

Depends what you're judging him on m8. As many have pointed out he has a budget way in excess of his rivals so should win the league fairly comfortably but is well on his way to making a 5 course dinner of it for a second season. The cups are a lottery and I'm not hung up on trebles but to be fair to him he has done OK on these. That leaves Europe and his efforts there have been embarrassing. There are a lot of other things I could point to eg his inability to organise a defence,the balance of the squad is all wrong with an excess of midfielders, starting the season with only 2 strikers, the intransigence over using 4-2-3-1 etc,etc.

I backed him right up until the shambles that was Molde but that night made my mind up. That and his disgraceful treatment of the female reporter on BT allied to all the other reasons lead me to believe he's not fit to manage my club.

In short, Ronny out!

They adored him as a player- so presume it would be a popular appointment.

I can assure you it would not be!

McCoist put bums on seats for his first season but was way over the hill towards the end of his spell.

The fact he was an absolute disaster as Rangers manager would give no-one confidence in his ability to turn Killie's form around...

Don't think McCall would touch that job. Killie look destened for the bottom two.

I also think Dundee Utd will turn it around and that killie will finish bottom. Although with goal difference Utd have 12 points to make up. 2nd bottom is a very realistic finishing position for them. Then it's a lottery in the playoffs.

So you are saying you can understand why one was give but make a clear case for for the other not be be given. Its Rangers, I get it .

You seem to be suggesting that Rangers are looked on differently as they are a bit special in some way. simply the Falkirk penalty was 50-50 in terms of certainty when looking at it in normal play; the Rangers penalty was at least 90% in terms of uncertainty - in normal play the ball didn't even look as if it struck the players hand never mind the position of the referee and whether "it" was accidental. Both were never penalties and should only be given if referee was fully sighted or fully sure. You though are suggesting the Falkirk penalty was a travesty when in fact it was no such thing.

My gut reaction on one view was that Falkirk one was a penalty. With the benefit of slo-mo I can see it was outside, but the photo posted was before the foul was committed. I often think that these borderline calls are sometimes moral penalties rather than actual ones. A free kick would've be a great outcome for the defending team.

Falkirk v Rangers was a cracker of a match.Ref feked up a couple of times but evened out throughout the game.Scottish fitba was blown wide open yesterday.Our game is alive and kicking. Only United let me down yesterday.

Depends what you're judging him on m8. As many have pointed out he has a budget way in excess of his rivals so should win the league fairly comfortably but is well on his way to making a 5 course dinner of it for a second season. The cups are a lottery and I'm not hung up on trebles but to be fair to him he has done OK on these. That leaves Europe and his efforts there have been embarrassing. There are a lot of other things I could point to eg his inability to organise a defence,the balance of the squad is all wrong with an excess of midfielders, starting the season with only 2 strikers, the intransigence over using 4-2-3-1 etc,etc.

I backed him right up until the shambles that was Molde but that night made my mind up. That and his disgraceful treatment of the female reporter on BT allied to all the other reasons lead me to believe he's not fit to manage my club.

In short, Ronny out!

All fair points and I agree. I haven't been impressed by him at any point.

I didn't want to say that up front as some Celtic fans I know simply cannot seem to agree with me, for some odd reason. :lol:

But who do you get next?

All fair points and I agree. I haven't been impressed by him at any point.

I didn't want to say that up front as some Celtic fans I know simply cannot seem to agree with me, for some odd reason. :lol:

But who do you get next?

Dunno m8 and the fact that there's no obvious candidate is pointed to as some as a reason for hanging onto Ronny.

Not for me tho, I would bump him now and if they don't have someone in mind put Collins in temporary charge and spend some time seeing who's out there

Going by the number of fines Hearts have had for poor discipline over last ten years, that reputation isn't just from this season.

No it has been pretty abysmal.

A bit like Hibs discipline in Edinburgh derbies?

Seriously though it is something that needs worked on, the amount of yellow and red cards hearts have received in the last 15 years is ridiculous.