Scottish Fitba 19Th December - Page 9 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Fitba 19Th December

As much as I honestly admire clubs like Killie(us small boys must stick together) you did have a number of years when you were paying stupid wages to players nullifying similar sized clubs. The money wasn't Killie's. No better than the currant buns.

There's plenty of worst culprits than us.

Motherwell, Dundee, Hearts and even then they aren't comparable to Rangers.

Our debt restructure was no different from likes of Aberdeen. Our debt was also going down year on year but bank wanted out. We no longer own the hotel.

We spent big wages for a couple of seasons I'll agree there but most of the league did (not that that's an excuse)

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's plenty of worst culprits than us.

Motherwell, Dundee, Hearts and even then they aren't comparable to Rangers.

Our debt restructure was no different from likes of Aberdeen. Our debt was also going down year on year but bank wanted out. We no longer own the hotel.

We spent big wages for a couple of seasons I'll agree there but most of the league did (not that that's an excuse)

Fair enough assesmemt. I think you know what I was grasping at though. At the time money that was bank money was being thrown about though, Geoff Brown was all over the media about it. Livvy threatened to take him to court. If Brown wasn't such a gentleman about it, he should've went to absolute town on those Jimmy Hunts once he was proved correct!

Interesting debate!

Motherwell, Dundee, Dunfermline and livi for starters were worse than Killie at the time.

To be fair to Stjohnstone they have always been run pretty well and within their means, probably cost them promotion a few times as Gretna, livi and possibly Dundee? Pipped them to promotion.